How did your diaper life start?

I have been diapered since birth

When I was four my father was having some legal issues and my mother was busy dealing with that. I was at babysitter's often. After an accident the sitter bathed me and put my clothes in the laundry. Since I had nothing else to put on and she had diapers there, she diapered me. I was embarrassed and crying, but she turned it into a game, and she cooed and treated me like a toddler. That whole evening was being treated that way. Tho I didn't have the emotional intelligence at the time, that evening I was a toddler and wasn't scared my father was never going to be released. When my clothes were washed and dried, she put me back in them.
After that most evenings I was left there she would end up diapering me and babying me.
I do remember her telling me I couldn't tell anyone. That is a lil concerning looking back.
While now my Ageplay and wearing diapers ranges from being the cute and fluffy edge of BDSM with the power exchanges and humiliation all the way to "checking out" and diving into little headspace. It became a coping mechanism. Sometimes I wish that it wasn't.

Reactions: RobbyRocketPants, Blekyss, Ralphie and 1 other person
With a wet diaper of course no other way to start.

Reactions: Lyokodl
I decided at 18 months I was using the potty and no more diapers, had maybe 3 accidents total (I was crazy). Then my dad died at 4 1/2 years and apparently went back to having accidents until mom clued in and asked if I thought being a baby would bring my dad back - yes that is what I thought but have no memory of this.

From 6 on I would take the tiny training pants I had for my dolls and stuff in underwear and wet them. I used towels in undies too, sandwich bags to make waterproofing liner. Then once I started babysitting I would take 1-2 every so often, although I didn’t do a lot of babies, just the odd toddler and NONE of the kids were bedwetters. By then I had babysitting money and allowance I saved and bought my own from the store.

littlekyro said:
for me its kind of a different tale I was diapered due to potty resistant untill I was 12 in truth I was admittedly scared of the potty, I mean petrified but my fiends convinced me to start potty-training but I was still very reluctant and wore a mix of youth diapers and youth pull-ups until 16, because even then I still wasn't using the potty at all, but then because of my parents I had to commit to the potty and give up diapers, though I've kept a stash and went back to them and now regally wear them when I can, I hope though to wear them 24/7. now days I just say I was lazy because I never really wanted to admit I was frightened of the potty
interesting, what was it about the potty that you were terrified of?

My story.

Quite lengthy. 100% true.

UK based. Late 80s and early 90s.

Trigger moment aged 4 covered.

Lewis Badger said:
interesting, what was it about the potty that you were terrified of?
well I suspect now that i'm an adult that something may have happened in my past but I don't really remember what, i suspect it was something from before my earliest memory, possibly involving an early potty-training attempt :\

Reactions: Lewis Badger
At age 5. I would sneak pampers, babysitting house.
As a pre teen I bought toddler pampers. Taped 2 together, end to end with a small overload. .
I got caught often. In college. I saw vintage Attends and Depends Green ones.
Getting internet in 1996. I discovered other ABDL sites, DPF and so as.
I've been on top of growth of ABDL sites and Diaper selling web sites. I currently order from Northshore and Abuniverse.
I wear when working. I drive and make drivers from a large truck. MARRIED- Wife doesn't approve, tolerates it.

I was a late developer when it came to potty training. I was 5 before I was out of nappies during the day and continued to wet my bed all through my childhood and teenage years.
I used to wet my pants a lot growing up. Sometimes deliberately and sometimes it just happened. I went back to nappies at 15 because I still wet the bed.
To be honest I just didn't care that I wet the bed and when it came back. I soon settled back in to a life of soggy sheets and wet nappies. I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Sidewinder, chamberpot and steviet
ST50 said:
I was a late developer when it came to potty training. I was 5 before I was out of nappies during the day and continued to wet my bed all through my childhood and teenage years.
I used to wet my pants a lot growing up. Sometimes deliberately and sometimes it just happened. I went back to nappies at 15 because I still wet the bed.
To be honest I just didn't care that I wet the bed and when it came back. I soon settled back in to a life of soggy sheets and wet nappies. I couldn't be happier.
well its nice to see that i wasn't the only one late to the potty stage lol

I don't remember exactly when, but I know I was very very young. Something about the way they felt I guess really got me into loving them. Through the years after I was potty trained, I would occasionally wet on purpose, and be threatened to go back to diapers, but it never happened. Years and years go by and the want to wear was driving me crazy, then I finally found out about Crinklz and goodnites (don't fit but make good stuffer). I was so happy to wear and wet again! It still feels odd to have this attachment to diapers, but it isn't going away, and I am much happier slowly accepting it's just hardwired into me.

Reactions: chamberpot
I started wetting and playing with home made diapers (usually a towel or 2 or 3 pairs of underwear) and home made plastic pants ( a garbage bag) when I was 10

I soon started masturbating when wet and in plastic pants (basically humping the bed), LOVED the feeling, didnt really know "what" i was doing..lol

At 13 the first time I came in my life I was wearing soaking wet unwashed p p soaked/stained pair of tighty whiteys - a garbage bag as plastic pants and humping the bed in a puddle of pee .... hook ever since ...lol

I have played with diapers on and off for 50 years now - the last 5 or so more than any time since i turned 15 - the last 3 years daily...

I dont masturbate in real diapers now - but will on occasion react the above "first time" in real plastic pants and undies,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wetshisbed
As a fellow senior DL, I turn 72 next month, I can relate to your story. See my posting on Stepping Out of the Diaper Closet. Both my wife and daughter know about my DL side. My wife is OK with it as long as I am discrete about it. That means no running around the house with only a diaper on. I can do that when she is not at home. My daughter thinks that being a DL is perfectly fine as she is a free spirit. She and her husband are big time gamers. Have a look at this YouTube of her Doctor Who themed wedding. She and I built the Tardis. This was at the Strand Theatre in Marietta GA. She also made the Time Lord robes.

Has anyone done a ABDL themed wedding?

Reactions: perlFerret and rdadvb59
steviet said:
Wow, your story reminded me of a similar activity when I was 6 or 7. At bedtime, I too would put on several pairs of underpants to get the padded feeling. I remember once taking small round pieces of tinker toys and stuffing them inside to create the just pooped effect. I'm a senior DL also, and just recently told my wife. I've been "playing" secretly all these years. She hasn't accepted my DL side so being able to talk about it helps more than you can imagine. You are a very fortunate man. Please keep in touch. Steviet
steviet,
I just purchased a new book called "Coffee with Rosie" by Rosalie Bent. Subtitled "Why does my partner want to wear diapers?" maybe Your wife would care to read it and possibly become understanding of your desire to wear diapers. Best of luck!
SDL

Reactions: Subtlerustle, Scupperguy30 and bbpnts
I can’t even remember when it started. For all I know it has been with me my entire life. I remember being interested in diapers as far back as I can remember. I’ll share a few memories:

I do remember one occasion, I think I had a small stomach bug around 4 or 5 years old. I wasn’t a bedwetter but everyone has an accident on occasion when young. I woke up covered in piss and a very tiny amount of poop that some how ended up on my finger when examining the damage. I called for my parents, it must have been real late, and they got really mad at me. I really had no idea why they were mad or what I did wrong, not like I did it on purpose and I was feeling sick. My mom threatened to put my back in diapers and I remember thinking “man, that would be great!” I am surprised I didn’t take it further after that threat of hers. I guess I assumed it was an empty threat.

I remember stealing a diaper from my best friend’s toddler brother when I was like 7 or 8. I wore it that night and it was great. Did not wet it though. When I woke up I took it off and put it on my brother’s bed while he slept. Not sure why I did this, I was a pretty inept criminal. Nothing came of it, apparently he rolled over and knocked it on the floor. My parents asked if I knew where it came from, then assumed it was left by my young cousins, who had recently visited.

Then during adolescence I used to make my own. My mom was big into crafts. I’d take white plastic shopping bags and cut them into diaper shape. Then I would cut padding from cotton batting rolls my mom had. I would staple the plastic around the batting to create faux leg guards. Then use scotch tape for the tapes. It worked well enough. Of course I didn’t use them for the intended purpose, but the feeling was nice. If only I had known about adult diapers.

Reactions: dl1036, Lewis Badger and rdadvb59
I was in diapers till i was about 5 then shortly after i was potty trained but from then on i just wanted to wear diapers , so as far as i can remember i always wanted to be in diapers , i thought that was weird and crazy and i stopped and suppress these feelings but when i was about 12 these feelings came back and i started to secretly wear diapers.

Reactions: Blekyss and rdadvb59
I copied-and-pasted a lot of this from an old ADISC blog entry:

I didn't start wearing diapers again till I was 23 - but I’ve known that I like diapers since I was three, which means I've been a diaper lover in some capacity for over 35 years. A lot of us can trace our ABDL selves back to childhood. I can actually pinpoint exactly where mine originated: a hospital ward. When I was three I spent two months in the hospital, and because I was too weak to get out of bed I was forced to wear diapers. In fact, a nurse saying "we're going to pad them under you" while diapering me is literally the first sentence I remember hearing. Having been toilet trained for over a year I was understandably mortified, but I quickly grew to love being diapered. I was upset when it stopped. To compensate I started stealing my baby cousin's diapers whenever we'd visit my aunt and uncle. Eventually I was caught; the subsequent humiliation effectively drummed my interest in diapers out of me for almost 20 years.

But one isolated childhood memory stands out: learning that one of my cousin’s classmates was still in diapers and thinking he was the luckiest guy in the world. The poor kid’s embarrassment never even registered. He gets to wear diapers!

Meanwhile, in high school I developed a panty fetish. I was especially drawn to cotton panties - especially white ones - and pretty soon I was wearing Fruit of the Loom and Hanes Her Way panties I'd bought from Kmart. Then one day when I was 20 I saw a package of maxi pads in my roommate's closet and was immediately consumed by the urge to wear one. In retrospect I should've clued in to what was happening. Instead I borrowed (alright, stole) her pads and started wearing them with my panties. And then three years later, seemingly out of the blue, I was consumed by a new urge: to pee my panties. So I did. I'd come home at lunch, change into a pair of panties, climb into the bathtub, pee, clean up, hang the panties in my closet and go back to work. Eventually - inevitably - I started putting pads in my panties before wetting them. By this point I was effectively wearing diapers; I was certainly replicating the experience of wearing them. Looking back it's incredible I didn't put two-and-two together for another year.

Something finally clicked the following summer. I had the house to myself a lot - my roommate was working three jobs - and was therefore given plenty of opportunity to let my mind wander. One night, the idea of wearing diapers suddenly popped into my head. I was immediately intrigued. Something about the idea just felt right. With a mixture of trepidation and excitement I started scouring the internet and eventually came across a site called Diaper Pail Friends. That night I learned that adult diapers were an actual thing, not just a figment of my imagination. Moreover, I discovered an entire community that shared my weird little interest. I found that there were people my age who enjoyed wearing diapers; some of them had known about their feelings for as long as I had.

I wasn't alone.

I couldn't believe it. I devoured websites, learning as much as I could about this thing called "ABDL." All those disparate strands I'd been collecting since childhood came together. I had a new label - diaper lover - and an immediate goal: to acquire diapers. Late one night I went to the grocery store and bought a sample pack of Depends pull-ups. I was physically shaking when I pulled one on. And when I wet it, when I was able to relax my mind and let go of my body, the feelings overwhelmed me. I stayed up all night going through the entire pack. At first diapers were almost exclusively sexual for me. However, as I began to better understand my relationship with diapers, I realized I had a strong emotional attachment to them. Today that side overshadows the sexual one, though that's not to say diapers don't turn me on. And while nothing can top that first experience, I still get a rush almost every single time I wear.

My wearing peaked a few years ago, when I was basically diapered whenever I was at home - but I still wear semi-regularly and still get the exact same feelings of anticipation and nervousness and excitement and happiness whenever I put a diaper on.

• Love
Reactions: Blekyss, rdadvb59 and RedPandaDL
Lot of long histories. My two cents:

I can't say I started, is better to say I never ended... As I remember, I trace paci vicious into age around two years, found as a minimum two triggers. Is hard to believe in the capacity of memory and harder than return so far to back. When I was around 13 I realized some towel diaper, but it really didn't worked out. At 2009 or 2010 I tryed first real adult sized diaper (Tena Maxi - colour lila) and from that time I enjoy full equipment: (In descending order of preferences) Paci, bottle, diapers... sometimes accompanied with some restraining tools.

Reactions: rdadvb59
To keep a long story short, I was 3 years old and didn't want to give up the nappies, used to wear the ones we had spare from before but I'd always be caught then they were thrown away or donated. Then for years I longed to put back in them but it never happened.

Reactions: Blekyss and rdadvb59
Back