How did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilannakiya

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Hey everyone, I am ready for my try at diapers. I have been wanting to for a really long time, but being that I live with my folks it's been hard. But reading on this site I realized I can do it, what with everyone's secrecy techniques and everything. And I can go buy them myself with no worry and I am not worried about embarassment at the store. But I want to know how did everyone start? Did you start by wearing to bed and then trying during the day when no one is home? I think I may start at night but I am home alone quite so I am not sure if I should start during the day.
Also I am undecided if I want to start with a traditional diaper or a pull up. Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone.

Role
Private
Anytime you have privacy for a while is a good time. ^_^

Doesn't matter day or night, the diaper will still feel the same.

Oh, and get a "traditional" type diaper - that is the one with that you have to tape up. A lot of adult brand pullups aren't good.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Yeah I typically wear at night but that is just because I am always too busy to wear during the day. Try going somewhere with one on, just try to hide it though because otherwise you are opening yourself to lots of awkward questions.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to sneak a few of my sisters' pullups when I was pretty young. When I was about 15 I walked to a local drug store that was a mile or two away and bought a pack of Depends. Ironically, I knew nothing about adult diapers and was trying to buy basically the adult equivalent of a pullup. I saw "briefs" and thought like underwear briefs and figured that was the right thing. Sure enough it was :D even though it wasn't what I thought I was buying.

But yeah, like the others said, get "fitted briefs" which are the tape on kind.

Role
Diaper Lover
I love the disposable diaper.

I will wear the diaper in the bed, go to somewhere need long time on the bus or just the time I want !

Just enjoy it ! Time is nothing.

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I would definitely suggest a fitted brief diaper-type rather than pull-ups. Granted they will be somewhat more noticable if you're wearing at home around your parents. But, I feel as though they're more enjoyable. I started out wearing in my room, or whenever no one else was around. Just wear at night, and whenever you get a chance until your situation changes. Good Luck!

Hexaod

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
As long as you plan ahead.
If something goes wrong, always have a backup.

Me, I always have a backup plan, for my backup plan, FOR my backup plan.

As for diaper suggestions....
Store brands are sometimes good. But not all of them carry a store brand (which, I don't get)

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I envy you for having a choice between tape and pull up. The answer is simple, tape every time. I have no choice unless I am really lucky!

I started by taking my cousins diaper when I she was a baby. I was a particularly naive only child and so had no idea what it was. But I tried it on and I liked the feel of it. I eventually worked out what it was and was interested since then. About two years later my interests spread from just diapers to other baby stuff and bieng babied, but I don't know what caused that.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
for my first buy, i bought some depend overnights and wore them during the night. I slowly gained the courage to wear during the day but these days with work and school it gets uncomfortable really fast.

And like Hexaod said, have a backup plan available!

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't know if this thread is supposed to be how SHOULD I start or how DID you start. Because a lot of people in here were just posting how you should start. Anyhow, I always loved diapers when my mom was busy working and I was at a daycare, cool girl that was older than me there, we were good friends. Should have stolen some.

Got some small pullups at my grandparents house remnants from when my cousins that live a ways a way away from me in Michigan, tried that, = love.

After that, I "borrowed" some from my friends brother, who wet the bed = greater love.

I will not post the long story of getting actually good ones. Too long, too boring for you people.

Lilannakiya

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Wow thank you everyone I appreciate all of your replies. I am going to go next Friday after I get paid to buy some.
I think I will defnitely try the briefs with the tape everyone is talking about. I may also try wearing just when no one is home at first instead of at night.
I read on another thread that wearing at night can get really hot and I can't sleep well when I'm hot. Again thank you everyone.

baby_jakey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Wow thank you everyone I appreciate all of your replies. I am going to go next Friday after I get paid to buy some.
I think I will defnitely try the briefs with the tape everyone is talking about. I may also try wearing just when no one is home at first instead of at night.
I read on another thread that wearing at night can get really hot and I can't sleep well when I'm hot. Again thank you everyone.
Briefs with tapes? What brand is that?

Haha sorry nm. Let me suggest that you don't get depends from a past experience. If you can go for the Attends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
The first time I put on a diaper since I was potty-trained was when I was ten years old. I was over this kid's house and he had a little brother, about 2 years old at the time. His little brother was in the process of being potty-trained and wore Pull-Ups.

This kid and I were into Yu-Gi-Oh cards at the time and we were dueling each other. I had already been on Deeker and knew I was a TB (well, more like a "kid baby" at ten years old) and wanted diapers for quite a while, so I saw this as a golden opportunity. I told the guy that if I won the duel, he'd have to take one of his little brother's diapers and give it to me. And if I lost, I'd take the diaper. So, either way, I win! ^_^

The guy didn't even question me about why I wanted a diaper, which was surprising. Anyway, I ended up winning the duel and he kept his word, walked into his little brother's room and took a Pull-Up and handed it to me. I actually told him I was going to put it on (what the **** was I thinking!?) and I went into the bathroom and put it on. It was such a snug fit (I was even skinnier back then than I am now =P).

And so, I eventually rode home on my bike, while wearing the diaper underneath my pants and boxers. I remember being nervous when I got home and mom and my sisters greeting me. But I quickly went upstairs after saying hello and wet it later that night (maybe messed it too; I don't quite remember).

So, that's my first diaper experience. =P

Lilannakiya

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Ok, I figured I would just append this to here, I am sure it's been asked elsewhere so I didn't want to create a new thread. I wanted to know are the adult diapers loud? Like do the make the crinkly noise a lot? And can people tell you are wearing?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ok, I figured I would just append this to here, I am sure it's been asked elsewhere so I didn't want to create a new thread. I wanted to know are the adult diapers loud? Like do the make the crinkly noise a lot? And can people tell you are wearing?

Depends which...A lot are cloth covered these days, so they aren't as loud, and you should be fine with noise with underwear over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.