How did you get into diapers/abdl?

I was a bedwetter till i was about 17 , having to wear diapers every night but as far as i can remember i liked wearing them . Especially during puberty when i liked it even more at the time .

Reactions: Flamoroo and Emmagar
I guess since I'm the oldest child I was expected to be the more mature one and act more grown up. This probably subconsciously contributed Abdl-ness (idk what to call it lol). The earliest I can remember is that I saw someone in my third grade class come to school in footie pajamas for pajama day and I was surprised they made them for "big kids". Ever since then I have always wanted footie pjs of my own (now that I think about it, my mom probably would have bought me some if I asked, but I was always really embarrassed about it and kept to myself).

In terns of diapers, they never got into the picture until around sophomore or junior year of high school when I started to get more into my little side. I think I ordered my first diapers from Wearing Clouds and I was super excited to put them on. The package had an Abu cushies, Abu space and tykables overnight

• Love
Reactions: Blathers and Emmagar
Always had accidents at night as a kid, followed me into adolescence, and now, young adulthood. Got to the point I was tired of waking up in wet sheets, so I decided to put myself back in Goodnites. Thought I was odd for liking diapers, found this web site, didn't feel bad, and haven't turned back! Have had the opportunity to try out some new things, and I feel great, especially when I just need a private way to decompress, or to not feel bad about having night time accidents

• Love
Reactions: Flamoroo, lil_baby_tigger, Nikki93 and 1 other person
Was put in pampers diapers at 4 for pooping my pants and seemed to like it every since then. I always seemed to look at them in stores when I was kid and wanted to have them in my room without any one knowing. I had dreams about them as I was growing up, sometimes that led to wetting the bed. I was never diapered by my parents, I didn't have too many accidents, but still the curiosity and craving never went away.
I finally bought my first bag of adult diapers when I was 18 years old and have never turned back.

Reactions: Emmagar
I wet the bed from about age 8 to 12 and I hated it. But, I did experiment with wetting and messing during the day (never at night). I usually just wore a tight swimsuit or regular underwear instead of a diaper when I experimented during the day. Since that time, I have off and on used diapers. I sometimes would go several years without them and then get a package and wear till I used up that package and then stop for a while. When I stopped wearing, it wasn't because I was ashamed or wanted to quit, it was just that I had other things to do or not have enough money to get diapers.

Over the last decade or two, I have started to wear more often (still not 24/7) and got more into the adult baby side - getting pacifiers, bottles, etc.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, Emmagar and MrCrinklez
For me without doubt it is due to my nightly bedwetting growing up.

Reactions: Emmagar
Please do not post crotch shots.
I was around 6 when I first found out my intrest for diapers. Me and my mother were out shopping and I already drank a big gulp soda and was in the need of a restroom.. mom wouldn't listen I was told to hold it and I did as long as I could.. we eventually made it down to the baby isle when I soaked my pants.. my mother was so upset she made me pay for my own diapers and from there she took me into the restroom where she took my pants and undies and trashed them. After my pullups were on she then took my shirt and trashed that too.. after she was done diapering me we finished shopping... For 3 more hours I walked around the store in nothing but a diaper eventually people started staring as my diapers started to swell.. ever since that day I've wet the bed.. my mother of course didn't like that so I was sent to bed in pullups and every morning I was forced to wait for my sister to check my diapers.. her rules gone as follows #1 your never to take your diaper off #2 if you woke up and your diaper was full you would be changed into a clean one and sent to school #3 if i woke up sorta wet I'd be sent to school without a change... With her rules I found myself waking fully soaked almost daily.. after some years of being in pullups I was helpless I never woke up dry after that.. after I turned 18 my mom decided pullups wouldn't hold enough anymore so they took me out of them and went shopping... Before we made it to the incontinence products my pants were already soaked. At that point a clerk approached my mother and asked how she can help.. without sparing me she says my son needs diapers the clerk looked at me and turned around to pick out the thickest diapers they had..my mother still upset drags me back to the family restroom once again thowing my pants away and replacing it with the diapers the clerk picked out for me. Before sending me back out she promised me if my diaper is wet before we leave the store than the diapers will be permanent.. I am now 24 and she still forcefully checks my diapers in public

Attachments

• IMG_20200508_174042~2.jpg
    IMG_20200508_174042~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • Sad
Reactions: Flamoroo, lil_baby_tigger, KittyMerriweather and 1 other person
Thediaperedone said:
I was around 6 when I first found out my intrest for diapers. Me and my mother were out shopping and I already drank a big gulp soda and was in the need of a restroom.. mom wouldn't listen I was told to hold it and I did as long as I could.. we eventually made it down to the baby isle when I soaked my pants.. my mother was so upset she made me pay for my own diapers and from there she took me into the restroom where she took my pants and undies and trashed them. After my pullups were on she then took my shirt and trashed that too.. after she was done diapering me we finished shopping... For 3 more hours I walked around the store in nothing but a diaper eventually people started staring as my diapers started to swell.. ever since that day I've wet the bed.. my mother of course didn't like that so I was sent to bed in pullups and every morning I was forced to wait for my sister to check my diapers.. her rules gone as follows #1 your never to take your diaper off #2 if you woke up and your diaper was full you would be changed into a clean one and sent to school #3 if i woke up sorta wet I'd be sent to school without a change... With her rules I found myself waking fully soaked almost daily.. after some years of being in pullups I was helpless I never woke up dry after that.. after I turned 18 my mom decided pullups wouldn't hold enough anymore so they took me out of them and went shopping... Before we made it to the incontinence products my pants were already soaked. At that point a clerk approached my mother and asked how she can help.. without sparing me she says my son needs diapers the clerk looked at me and turned around to pick out the thickest diapers they had..my mother still upset drags me back to the family restroom once again thowing my pants away and replacing it with the diapers the clerk picked out for me. Before sending me back out she promised me if my diaper is wet before we leave the store than the diapers will be permanent.. I am now 24 and she still forcefully checks my diapers in public
This seems like a made up story and the photos are inappropriate. It has been reported.

Reactions: Flamoroo, DLguy23 and BabyHailey1977
I been into Diapers since way back (at least 12 or 13)

I didn't know about ABDL until I turned 18 or 19 though

Although I have liked Diapers for so long, my main appeal is Comfort and Relaxation/Stress Relief and acceptance of my ABDL Side helps a lot more than the Self Harm I was once into (which I know was very stupid and did nothing good long term)

Reactions: Nikki93, dynodoggo and Emmagar
we kept a bag of depends pull-ups for when my grandma was over when I was 11. I was fascinated by it and wanted to put one on. That’s it

I also was in pampers until I was 4. When my family was over we would have large gatherings and if I had to use the bathroom I would hide away so nobody could see me.

Okay to add onto my story, I never connected the two until now I guess, well not RIGHT now but recently.
So yes I did have a bed wetting problem up until I was 11 I think its fuzzy 9-11 ish, and yes I wore like those big kid diapers, I think that is where my love for wetting came from (sexually it came much later obvs) but the warmness was very comforting as a kid.
But I was super embarrassed all the time ( i think I have mentioned this on another thread) but i would get made fun of a lot for it by my family, and never really felt comfy going to sleepovers, made me feel off and just I hated it. But the warmness was a big comfort now that I think about it. My stepmom got it "undercontrol"eventually, but I have always had issues, like If I laugh or sneeze I might have a "leak".

So yeah lol I guess its very common for abdls to be bed wetters, still feel super weird about it tho, never considered diapers in the way I do now until the documentary and my little identity came into its own some time after, when I realized what I have been feeling.

I know I put my story before, but I left this bit out because I still have a hard time relating this to me "being into diapers" I suppose, because I had so much trauma I lowkey hate these memories lmao

But I am fine now <3 diapers now make me feel so much happiness

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Flamoroo, lil_baby_tigger, Emmagar and 1 other person
I was toilet trained a bit late, so I can remember being in diapers as a young child. I have always liked the way they feel, and I found “graduating” to “big kid” underwear disappointing.

• Haha
Reactions: Emmagar, TigerDL and Blathers
I feel like my experience is different from most other's here: I don't remember being in diapers as a baby, don't remember potty training, and I didn't wet the bed as a kid. Sometime around age 7 I remember a sudden curiosity for what a diaper would feel like, and I sneaked an extra from my little sister's room. Tried it on, was too small, promptly took it off and hid it under my bed. For some reason I decided to tell my younger sister (I guess 3 or 4 at the time?) emphasizing that it was a secret, but I overheard her immediately going to tell my parents. They didn't really react, never confronted me about it, but I was thoroughly embarrassed.

Sometime after that, I would make up stories before going to bed about creating machines to force people to wear diapers and become babies, or having this being forced upon myself. Also stories about being sick or hurt in someway and being bedridden with someone I didn't know taking care of me. These stories were calming and comforting, and gave me tingly feelings like I needed to pee, even though I had peed just minutes ago. These stories eventually tapered off around high school/college.

As I began my sexual exploration, these fantasies started to filter back into my conscious thoughts, and I felt extremely guilty about them. I have OCD, anxiety, and dissociation disorder, a job caring for young children (which I love, I've enjoyed childcare since I was old enough to help), and was terrified that I was attracted to children. This became an obsessive thought and I tried to remove those thoughts from the 'sexual' side of my brain.

I have since become more accepting of my little side and comfortable expressing myself with younger 'babyish' clothes. I know now that I was having intrusive thoughts caused by my OCD and I would never knowingly hurt a child or anyone for that matter. It's been extremely difficult coming to this point in my life, but I just got my first package of little clothes yesterday, and my brain feels so much calmer and more grounded than it has in months. This community also has helped me accept that I am not a bad person for liking little things or having sexual thoughts surrounding regression. Refusing to accept and love myself for all it's quirks and idiosyncrasies has caused so much pain and self-loathing in the past, and I'm finally over it. I want to accept my whole self as I am and allow it space to grow.

• Angry
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, fakename, TigerDL and 1 other person
Not even sure but when i was 16 i used to pee my pants over the toilet and i got into the idea and looked it up and probably found this forum 10 years ago

My origin story...

l don't remember toilet training, but the best that I can tell was that it went smoothly. Once out of diapers, what I (and my mother) realized was that I had what later came to be known as severe overactive bladder (OAB) due to Tarlov Cysts on my S3 nerve roots. I frequently had wetting accidents, and even when I did make it to the bathroom I was usually wetting by the time I got there. I started wearing plastic pants over my cotton training pants until I outgrew them, about half-way through the first grade. I remember feeling despair that I was losing what protection I had. As I got older I became obsessed with not wetting my pants and concealing accidents, which I became very good at doing. I was tired of the stress and longed to be back in diapers, or at least plastic pants. Years later, after graduating from college, I was able to locate adult-sized plastic pants in a home health store, and then in the mid-80s bought my first package of adult diapers. They were first generation Depends and Attends, and although they lacked SAP, they leaked and for that reason also required plastic pants, but they were better than nothing. My relief at being in diapers evolved into a love of diapers. That was 33 years-ago, and I'm still wearing. Of course the quality of adult diapers is much, much higher than it was in 1987, and being able to buy my diapers, booster pads and plastic pants online makes it very easy. My wife is understanding of my situation and prefers the diapers to other interventions, so a diapered me is part of our life together.

Reactions: TigerDL
I don't remember potty training and I wasn't a bed wetter, but my younger sister was born when I was 5. She was born in the spring, and that fall I went to kindergarten. As the middle child I think I grew resentful of losing attention to the baby, and coupled with the (mild) stress of new experiences at kindergarten I must have latched on to diapers as a coping mechanism.
I had been sneaking my sisters diapers and had a small stash of them under my mattress. One morning I got one out and put it on under my covers, and a little while later my mom came in to dress me for school. I demanded to dress myself, and foolishly wore the diaper under my pants to kindergarten. I felt bad about it as soon as I arrived that day, and never word again to school. I think I was aware how obvious it must have been to everyone. I continued to steal them from my parents closet but eventually my sister grew out of them and access to them dried up.
I love reading all these origin stories as some of you had really colorful experiences with steady access to diapers. I dreamed about wearing them all through childhood but could never find any...

Reactions: Kayleigh and TigerDL
The only real event that I can remember being tied to enjoying wearing/using was when I was 4/5 (literally my earliest memory) and begging my babysitter (who watched practically the whole neighborhood) if I could wear a pampers outside because I didn't want to stop playing. I think she viewed it as a punishment, but I loved it. I think its the bulk between the legs and the warm "woosh" that makes it even bulkier... I have NO interest in the AB side of things. I'm just a true blue DL. Love wearing and using... Can't get into the ageplay regression side of things, though.

• Love
Reactions: mrgrant, lil_baby_tigger, CookieMonstah and 1 other person
Back