How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently had to go to a hospital due to severe alcohol withdrawal (please don't judge, you don't know the reason), and got some medication that has a rare side effect incontinence and bedwetting. It sucks, but still beats relapse.

Last edited:
Reactions: sloth and squishykid
From what the doctor can tell after through urodynamic testing I have a neurogenic bladder, probably since birth. Totally explained why I’ve worn diapers to bed my whole life since I wet multiple times every night. I also went to full time diapers during the day 16 years go after struggling with dribbling/wetting during the day as well. Because I had to wear thick pin on diapers with plastic pants growing up I became a dL that badly needed to be in diapers but grew to like being in them as well. I now have full control of my wetting issues and am very comfortable being in my thick cloth diapers overnight and my “better dry” disposables during the day.
I do however need to keep my plastic mattress cover under my sheets for nightime leaks which happen every few days.

Reactions: thedlguy and KenBear
Peter86 said:
I have recently had to go to a hospital due to severe alcohol withdrawal (please don't judge, you don't know the reason), and got some medication that has a rare side effect incontinence and bedwetting. It sucks, but still beats relapse.
Glad you got help. IC is better than being a drunk. Maybe your IC won't be permanent but even if it is you are a better man for getting off that stuff. Keep up the good work

Reactions: sloth, thedlguy and Petya217
KenBear said:
awww Im so sorry are you able to walk?
Hi KenBear, I can move my upper body. Below my chest line I have no functional control. So, I use a wheelchair - and of course, diapers. I can feel a lot of things, like when I start peeing or pooing. I just can't do a single thing to stop it!

Reactions: KenBear
Pino said:
mine IC is still fresh and i am still looking for the reason, looks very much like problem with my auto-somatic nervous system, maybe my Polyneuropathy got worse. I have got a Video-Urodynamic in July, we will see what the results say.

The symptoms are like OAB with with Urge IC.

Pino

Well, now i know, it is neurogenic bladder for sure.

The Neuro-Urologist says it is not the PNP but my lower spine injury.

I hit the floor hard on my back with an ankle exact below my L4/5 spine during a Judo-Training when i was 25 years old, i have got back pain since than and do yoga 4 times a week, additional to my martial arts like Judo, BJJ and TKD.
I had to stop TKD in 2019, i could not kick spinning or backwards any more.

In 2019 my inter-vertebral disc at L4/L5 gave up and damaged the nerves intraforaminal. I had OAB symptoms since that day, but did not go to the doc for any of it. In October 2020 i broke my ripbow during a BJJ fight, i could not move for six weeks, so no yoga, my back pain got really bad, the lower spine bones grow together on the backside and constricted the nerves some more - six weeks after this injury i got incontinent,
the UDM results are: Detrusor-Sphincter-Dyssynergy, terminal detrusor overactivity at 280ml.

Thats it.

Gastroparesis. Started with bowels now effecting bladder too

Babygirllovesbears said:
Gastroparesis. Started with bowels now effecting bladder too
I have gastroparesis for going on 3 years now. I was bladder incontinent with urge before I had the gastro issues. But I am having some bowel issues now to that started about the same time the gastroparesis started. This is a horrible disease though and I am finding little relief. They are talking about maybe doing a gastro stimulator but its kind of a hell marry at this point. I am not a diabetic but that vagus nerve is affected some how. I have to take B12 shots because my body does not absorb b 12 anymore without injections is another symptom of that nerve and much more. I also am a chronic pain patient and the narcos make the gastro stuff worse so that sucks too. I would love to hear how long you been dealing with it and what has helped you to keep your stomach moving and what type of diet you eat. If you would like to visit about it please PM me if you feel up to it.

Diabetic neuropathy affecting my nerves in my bladder and later over time became fecal incontinent.

Diaperman95 said:
Bad interstitial cystitis and a congenital defect in my back has been the main culprit most my life. I have been IC since the early 90's and fulltime diapers or pullups since 95 per my avatar name. But I have some autoimmune stuff making it worse now plus a blown disk at L5 S1 one vertebra above my defect they found about 7 years ago. I won't let them fix because every one I know that had back fusion is worse than when they started. But I have a appointment for a MRI next week to get another evaluation. My leg has been numb for 7 years and now I am numb from my asshole to balls most days for the last 2years sometimes even in the shaft feels numb. The bowel started going south 2 years ago. I just want to make sure I am in no danger of becoming paraplegic. I doubt I will do a lot if its not threatening my spinal cord besides the pain and it can be rough but the bladder IC I dealt with my whole life and I already have had more surgeries than most people will have in 5 lives. Oh well that's life. If I could give it to one of these people that think it sounds like a good time would back pain and numbness too.
That is tough. I'm sorry.

richard3 said:
Altho not officially diagnosed I likely had OAB or maybe just a small bladder when I was very young. Always needed to use the bathroom sooner than others, and could not wait as long as others when I did need to go, even when restricting water intake. When I was 10 I had my appendix removed (an uncomplicated procedure unlike the earlier poster) and it seemed to get worse after that, so it probably had some affect on an enervated area manifesting itself with urgency. Also, the stress and anxiety this added to my life caused.... more stress and anxiety which made it all worse.
I developed an oab soon after having my appendix removed. About two years ago. And 1 1/2 years of urge Incontinence.

• Sad
Reactions: puravidadip and richard3
LuvMyDiapers said:
Spinal cord injury leaving paralysis from C6/7 neurological level.
Gee whiz. Hope you are ok.

Initially I had minor urinary incontinence that resulted from a truck accident that injured my cervical spine. It gradually became worse after I had a two level anterior cervical fusion. Then I had a seizure that my neurologist believed came from my abruptly ceasing the maximum dose of gabapentin which was being administered, off label, for fibromyalgia. Being an anti seizure medication, which I stopped cold turkey, he believes that I actually induced as seizure. Anyhow after that the urinary IC became common and its partner, fecal IC, started to occur with regularity. I’m very thankful IC is far more accepted by society than it was 50 years ago when I was a teenager and I saw make older folks housebound. Products for dealing with it are far more ubiquitous, convenient, and varied than they were back then.

Reactions: puravidadip and GeorgeG
Peter86 said:
All I want to say is that you rock, man! Beating any kind of addiction is hard, and you are strong for being able to do! Accepting incontinence is difficult, especially with the social stigma attached to wearing absorbent products. You still being able to accept it and not letting this push you into a relapse makes you a strong man and a great example for anyone in my eyes!
Congratulations!

Reactions: sloth, thedlguy and GeorgeG
pamperbud20 said:
Diabetic neuropathy affecting my nerves in my bladder and later over time became fecal incontinent.
Same here fortunately I still have control of my bowels

Rowan said:
That is tough. I'm sorry.
Thank you. I just got out the hospital yesterday. For gasteo issues i spent 7 days. The back was killing me after in bed all that time. But the MRI showed moderate to severe disk deteriation but nothing pushing direct on spinal cord that would make me parazied. He offered and recomendes to send me to se a back surgeon friend who already had looked at my imagies. But said to be honest it might make the IC and nerve pain worse but as long as it had been pinched even if they trim the bone back around the nerves are most likely damaged for life. So it is what it is. Thank you for your concern.

Reactions: GeorgeG
from a life of non-stop trauma and PTSD. i have stress incontinence

Diaperman95 said:
Thank you. I just got out the hospital yesterday. For gasteo issues i spent 7 days. The back was killing me after in bed all that time. But the MRI showed moderate to severe disk deteriation but nothing pushing direct on spinal cord that would make me parazied. He offered and recomendes to send me to se a back surgeon friend who already had looked at my imagies. But said to be honest it might make the IC and nerve pain worse but as long as it had been pinched even if they trim the bone back around the nerves are most likely damaged for life. So it is what it is. Thank you for your concern.
Diaperman, I am very new to posting on dl forums. ... Should I remove my photo? Should I change my name? Others mostly do not use photos etc.

Rowan said:
Diaperman, I am very new to posting on dl forums. ... Should I remove my photo? Should I change my name? Others mostly do not use photos etc.
It's up to you. I wouldn't post my pic on here but if you are not bothered about anyone you know seeing you on here then so be it.

Rowan said:
Its all about how confortable you are letting people know a little more about yourself. This is the first for me too as a joined in april and i like for people ro understand my condition and me but still not know me

Diaperman95 said:
Its all about how confortable you are letting people know a little more about yourself. This is the first for me too as a joined in april and i like for people ro understand my condition and me but still not know me
Yes. Tentatively making some dl friends is my plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back