How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
varis67 said:
My disc had degenerated quite a bit. normally the L5-S1 should be about 11-12 mm thick. Mine was down to 1mm, so somtimes my vertebrae would touch. Based on what you indicate of your symptoms you could have gradual onset cauda equina, so I would recommend asking your doctor about that.
No obviously it's not the first time my parents have seen me diapered, but it was the first time in 38 years... They actually took it well. My mother has since asked me a few questions, but I don't feel she is prying. Rather I think she is just trying to understand what I'm dealing with. If anything it's kinda surprising as I figured she'd be demanding that I get more tests, or try more options or see more doctors. Instead she seems to be accepting everything. She did ask if pull-ups were an option and I told her no. I may only have urinary inc but as far as I'm concerned pull-ups are junk pushed by the manufacturers to increase their profits. I'd rather wear an actual plastic backed, THICK, LOUD, diaper and KNOW that I'm not going to leak. ;)
As for Megamax, that's what I was wearing in the hospital. I brought my own and requested that the nursing staff use them. They had zero issue with that and most made comments as to the quality being so much better than what they had. At home I use Rearz safari or alpaca, but if I need to go to the doctor I use a white megamax. Over the holidays I used a white bambino (thinner and quieter) and my wife helped me with checks/changes while at various family members houses. Since I'm still using a walker no one questioned her going into the bathroom with me.

The fusion helped with the pain. I have recently had some issues with my hips, but I will be going in for my 6 week follow-up soon so I will be asking the DR at that time about it. For the surgery I had a 7.5 inch incision with 34 staples. When I went for my 2 week follow-up it was with the nurse and she was able to remove 23 of the staples. Overnight I had a noticable drop in pain. 5 days later I went back to get the other 11 staples taken out and again had a noticable drop in pain. I am now 5 weeks out and I don't have any surgical pain, but I can feel the muscles that had to be cut, slowly rebuilding themselves.
I chose to take the surgical option because I was getting worse. Somedays would be OK, but the bad days were getting to the point where it was painful to even stand up much less walk. I couldn't lift much due to the pain, and I had a LOT of issues while sleeping. Like most people I would roll over in my sleep every 45 minutes- 1 hour. When this would happen I would get that sharp pain from my back and down my legs which would instantly wake me up. Waking 5-6 times in a night starts to mess with your mental health and I was starting to have feelings of depression. (been there done that when I was a teen and almost ended up in a mental ward- so I did NOT want to keep going down that road)

All in all I am glad that I got my fusion surgery. I know that a few months from now I will be back at 100% (incont not withstanding). My mental health has mostly returned. Most importantly I regards to wearing diapers, I used to live in constant fear that someone would find out. Even when my incont started last July I know that if someone had caught me I had the legit excuse of having spinal issues, but it was something that I still was very anxious about. Now, if someone were to figure out that I'm diapered I have more of a who cares attitude. I'm not going to advertise it, but I'm also not going to worry about hiding it either.
They talked to me about opening up some space in my spine around some nerves but my pain management doctor tells me it might make thing worse and also said if nerves have been pinched over 6 years now he doubted they would bounce back. I should of done something about it already but the last 3 years I have been battling gastroparesis and it is horrible I will throw up every few minutes for days sometimes. I was admitted to the hospital over 20 times in the last few years due to that. Then also last year both hips got avascular necrosis in them an had to do core decompression on them. Now ,y left hip side failed and I am going to have it replaced this coming summer. I just have to pick and choose my battles and my stomach was #1 to get fixed. They put a pacemaker in my gut to shock my stomach so it will empty. that was a big surgery he cut me 8tor 9 inches open down the midline and another 3 to 4 inches off to the right side

I cant tell you the number of times I will be sound a sleep and go to roll over and the worse charley horse ever will take off in my left thigh. It feels like half is pulling one direction and the other half the other direction and feels like the muscle is tearing and on fire. I will wakeup a few times a weeks screaming over that. BS.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and ClaudTheBear
My incontinence is from a couple of decades of type-2 diabetes (nerve damage) causing urinary urge incontinence. Out of the blue one day shopping, I nearly pissed myself in the checkout lineup. It was shocking that I had no control. Since then, things have progressed and so has my protection. I have since accepted the need to wear diapers and the fact that there will be no cure. What worries me is whether or not I will continue to have full fecal control. I had an "episode" at work about a year before this started but thank goodness no one there saw or smelled about it. My meds cause diarrhea, so sometimes it's a delicate balance of control.

Reactions: pamperbud20
catgirleva said:
Not officially diagnosed, but I’m going to say urge incontinence. Before coming out, I didn’t take care of myself and ended up diabetic. As a result of poorly controlled blood sugar, I ended up with neuropathy in my bladder. So basically, when I have to pee, I have to go immediately. I can usually get to the toilet in time, maybe with a little bit of leakage, but sometimes it all comes out. Being on two different diuretics doesn’t make it much better either.
Ive got type 1 and its got me wetting the bed all the time now

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks
Cyprushill427 said:
Ive got type 1 and its got me wetting the bed all the time now
Sorry you have to go though that. Keep on it now and take it serious.

Last edited:
slimjiminy said:
My incontinence is from a couple of decades of type-2 diabetes (nerve damage) causing urinary urge incontinence. Out of the blue one day shopping, I nearly pissed myself in the checkout lineup. It was shocking that I had no control. Since then, things have progressed and so has my protection. I have since accepted the need to wear diapers and the fact that there will be no cure. What worries me is whether or not I will continue to have full fecal control. I had an "episode" at work about a year before this started but thank goodness no one there saw or smelled about it. My meds cause diarrhea, so sometimes it's a delicate balance of control.
I suffer from type 2 diabetes as well and I was running high blood sugars too and I have nerve damage as a result and lost complete control of my bladder and eventually my bowels. I was depressed about being in diapers until I found the ABDL community to help me cope.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Angelapinks
I sustained a spinal cord injury at work, I did have few other back injuries over the years and along with other injuries.

• Sad
I had a stroke 7 years back. They say it could have been worst. I recovered a little but I still have issues. I have aphasia (I have trouble processing what people say to me), double and blurred vision and trouble with balance. For me the most biggest issue is IC.

Reactions: Diaperman95
georgianchants131 said:
I had a stroke 7 years back. They say it could have been worst. I recovered a little but I still have issues. I have aphasia (I have trouble processing what people say to me), double and blurred vision and trouble with balance. For me the most biggest issue is IC.
I am glad you are still with us and found this group hope you have made some real friends here. That does not sound like a cake walk by any means. I hope you can come to accept the incontinence . Not trying to speak for you but my own experience with incontinence is I use to see it and the diapers as a curse. Simple truth is it is not a curse it is a fact of life for over 200millions of people. 75 to 80% are women due too anatomy. But that means 50 million men. These number are based off of reported cases. How many people out there are not telling a doctor and buying pads or diapers? You are not alone on incontinence is what I am saying. Diapers from the 90's sucked so bad to todays standards. I don't say that as hear say I lived that hell. Please do not think I am making light of any of your issues because I am not and it sounds like you drew from a loaded deck and got more than a far share when God was passing out health problems. I get that too! But I see diapers them selves as a blessing. They are my hero during theses hard times. I am getting by with only 2 to 3 changes a day with very minor leaks very seldom and only after I had pushed the diaper a bit far. But since going to MegaMax I never use more than 3 unless my bowel gets me. that happens 3 to 4 times a month too. I wear baggy pants I have a 37 inch waste I wear a size 40 relax fit jeans with a diaper and mid size 9mm pistol on my hip in the waste line and a braided belt from Wal mart that stretches it keeps my baggy pants and gun up ant tight hiding the diaper perfect. Neither my diaper or gun shows. I go to the bowling alley several nights a week no one knows or cares. If the bowling alley was the bar on the TV show cheers I would be Norm. 😂 I just saying once I really realized that in a room 100 that 5 more people in the room are wearing a diaper or pads then it soaked in, I did not choice this, it chose me. Not a sane person in the world would let piss run down the leg due to their pride. IT IS WHAT IS AND WE DO WHAT WE HAVE TOO DO. This is my new Motto.

You got this. I have faith in you. If you ever want to chat DM me.

Reactions: puravidadip
I developed irritable bowel syndrome in 2018, for reasons my doctor can't account for. I have bowel urgency and loose stool as a result, and have been in diapers ever since. I've tried a few over the counter medications to correct it, but nothing worked, so I've just accepted the diapers.

Reactions: puravidadip, Napincolove and Diaperman95
GeorgeG said:
I developed an oab soon after having my appendix removed. About two years ago. And 1 1/2 years of urge Incontinence.
My issues started developing after my appendectomy last year.

Reactions: GeorgeG
Currently waiting to find out. Have referrals in to both a Neurologist and a Rheumatologist. Been dealing with alternating IBS since 2017, which has moved to chronic constipation in the last 6 months. Along with frequent urination and urgency. Which has also devolved into mild overflow incontinence specifically at night. And those issues are just the tip of the iceberg for me.

• Sad
Reactions: puravidadip and Angelapinks
Honestly, wearing 24/7. My bladder got so used to wearing that the muscles got used to not "holding it."

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, Angelapinks and Diaperman95
I was born with bladder and bowel urgency and frequency. I used to think that everybody went as much as I do. Technically, I have detrusor instability and IBS-D, both of which are congenital. As a result I have had urinary and bowel accidents my entire life. My bladder and bowel issues seemed to get harder to control after I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disease in my early 20's, which started from recreational drug use, and multiple surgeries in the last 30 years (including spinal blocks and catheters) from sports related injuries.

Mine came on somewhat early in life wet till 13or14 then dry.When I got married and in my 50's it came back also discovered had autism +dd so to help manage the problem she said diaper were the easiest way to go.I had a hard time adjusting to diapers being grown and wetting the bed and pants.She has never made fun of me.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back