How did we get so uptight? (Glycerin Suppositories)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
RE: The closing of Glycerin-Suppositories-Help!

(Apologies ahead of time for my somewhat testy tone. It isn't entirely intentional.)

While I appreciate your concern for the org and I understand your rationale, I'm disappointed that we have gotten so worried that we can't maintain a conversation about a topic that at least some of are, or have been, interested in and that at least some of us have personal experience that would be helpful to the OP without actually offering medical advice.

I _think_ the point of these forums is to be supportive to each other. That includes talking about personal experiences as well as, for example, pointing OP to sites like:
Fleet Products | Suppositories
(This includes usage, patient warnings and dosage information for both children and adults.)

Letting each other know what our experiences have been like, or helping each other find the information we need is not the same thing as offering medical advice.

Similarly, some of us seem to get bent out of shape whenever someone mentions the p**p word. Let's be realistic; everything we do that is related to this forum is disgusting to the vast majority of the world. Let's be a little tolerant of those who have interests and/or needs that we don't share.

Assuming it is reasonable to want to wear a diaper to begin with, it is not unreasonable to want to mess it and it is not unreasonable to want to arrange to experience it as an event that is beyond our normal conscious control.

There are reasonable limits, but we seem to err far more frequently on the side of being prudish than on the side of being too permissive. There is a long way to go between this request and the dreaded M********** thread.

I do appreciate the work of the moderators, I just worry sometimes that we seem headed towards sanitizing [sic] the forum beyond usefulness.

If any of you want to slam me in response, perhaps we should move it to different forum. Or just let me have it by PM.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
That's how ADISC is, they don't want to offer medical advice to any individual. One person can claim real easily that they are a doctor and hand off medicine advice that could actually harm them even more. It's not like we have ran diagnosis to find out what really happened and therefore there is a rule that explains why we don't offer advice towards health issues especially if it's medical. Personal experience might be one thing but we are all not the same, one could be skinny and the other could be big and end up with different results, that's a reason why we have to be careful.

Handing off experience is not offering medical advice yes, but it gives them an idea about what to do and how to solve it their way and maybe it'll come off good on them and that's technically nabbing medical advice.

For example: Totodile: I don't know why I am constipated?

A personal experience user: Well, I remember going to a doctor and he gave me a diagnosis about what to do and I did [...] and did this [...].....

The OP could use that advice instead of actually going to a doctor and there can be some major repercussions.

I see your point about a few things but everyone needs to be safe around this kind of stuff, if they are in trouble, go to a doctor/hospital, not ADISC because us diapered furry critters may not know a thing or two about eternal bleeding for example.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
My impression has always been that ADISC is a very sheltered forum by design. Lots of stuff that I (and probably many others) do and feel safe doing is generally considered out of bounds here. There is a (somewhat arbitrary and subjective) line drawn between safe healthy deviancy and horrifying unhealthy deviancy here that tends to be very narrow. Subjects around messing tend to fall into that realm.

Ultimately I see no real problem with this, as there are plenty of other forums that are less about support and more about people having fun. It's a shame that through lack of a better term, prudishness, ADISC can't fully support a wider segment of ABDL community, but them are the breaks.

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
While I appreciate your concern for the org and I understand your rationale, I'm disappointed that we have gotten so worried that we can't maintain a conversation about a topic that at least some of are, or have been, interested in and that at least some of us have personal experience that would be helpful to the OP without actually offering medical advice.

I _think_ the point of these forums is to be supportive to each other. That includes talking about personal experiences as well as, for example, pointing OP to sites like:
Fleet Products | Suppositories
(This includes usage, patient warnings and dosage information for both children and adults.)

Letting each other know what our experiences have been like, or helping each other find the information we need is not the same thing as offering medical advice.

The issue is not purely that medical advice is being offered. Taking suppositories when they aren't needed is medically risky. Discussing medically risky things is against Rule 6:

Rule 6 said:
No encouraging anyone else to engage in self-destructive acts, such as self harm, or anything medically risky.

Similarly, some of us seem to get bent out of shape whenever someone mentions the p**p word. Let's be realistic; everything we do that is related to this forum is disgusting to the vast majority of the world. Let's be a little tolerant of those who have interests and/or needs that we don't share.

Discussing poop or messing in non-graphic terms is okay. It's also okay for people to express they don't like messing.

Unfortunately, some people like to bash messing threads. That isn't okay, and we do remove such posts when we see them. If you do see that, please report the the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.