How did diapers and or wetting become something you liked.

Damn, OP. Your babysitter sounds like a real creep!

As for what starts these interests, I'm not sure you'll gain much insight from our answers. Most will tell you that they've wanted to wear diapers or return to babyhood since... well... babyhood. Almost. So, for that (relatively) large group, the answers you seek are lost in the mists of time. Others will point to specific things, like late potty-training, without pausing to consider that such things are clearly far more common than ABDL, and so are clearly not causes of ABDL by themselves. Even the deep-down workings of our sexualities, like the oft-cited "imprinting" mechanism, fail as meaningful answers for ABDL because they're things we've all been through or dealt with, whether or not we ended up liking diapers. One might as well trip and fall, and then blame gravity for it. Nope. Even your own story, while unusual and obviously diaper-related, is probably only one player in a conspiracy of events, circumstances, predispositions, etc., that led to (the realization of) your diaper fetish.

IMO.

As for me, I can't remember a time when I didn't want to wear diapers. I was borrowing my younger sister's diapers when I was six. {shrug} What caused that? I'm going with "unknowable."

Reactions: Hakanloaim
Thank you for your insight I'm open to anything anyone wants to say.

I think mine comes from sensory. I had liked diapers as a toddler and liked wearing them and how nice it felt when I would pee in them. Then I gave that up when I was 3 and wasn't into diapers at all for 6 years and then I realized by the age of 9 it was something I wanted again. I remember feeling thrilled when I discovered adult diapers at age 10 in the supermarket right next to the menstrual pads. They were Depend diapers and they were green and the pack was red and white. Some of the diapers were white too. I discovered ABDLs when I was 12 on accident and I knew I wanted to wear them again and even wanted to go 24/7. It wasn't possible then due to my age and because of my parents and lack of income. I did start buying them in my junior year of high school when I had my driver's license and had my allowance. I couldn't afford 24/7 then and because of my mom's negative attitude about me wearing them.

I have always blamed my liking on diapers on my childhood and stuff because of my immaturity and being behind my developmental level and difficulty fitting in and my self esteem being affected by other kids because I was "retarded" "slow" "stupid" but I see I will always like diapers and nothing will ever resolve it so no need for me to make excuses about it to justify it.

Reactions: ShyatFirst
It's ok, I completely understand. We all come from different paths towards diapers nothing wrong with the harmless fascination. I do wonder how we can have stable relationships with diapers being a part of us.

I also had a babysitter but we would play house. I was in 2nd grade and she was in 6th. One night she put my brother down to bed and we stayed up and played house more. Some how my pants got wet so she helped me get undressed and she also got undressed. She then said let do what mommy and daddy do in house. That was my first experience (no actual sex went on as we didn't fully understand it, just dry humping nude). Couple months later she said that one of my friends wears diapers at night and that I should too. That's when I started eyeing diapers

Calico said:
I think mine comes from sensory. I had liked diapers as a toddler and liked wearing them and how nice it felt when I would pee in them. Then I gave that up when I was 3 and wasn't into diapers at all for 6 years and then I realized by the age of 9 it was something I wanted again. I remember feeling thrilled when I discovered adult diapers at age 10 in the supermarket right next to the menstrual pads. They were Depend diapers and they were green and the pack was red and white. Some of the diapers were white too. I discovered ABDLs when I was 12 on accident and I knew I wanted to wear them again and even wanted to go 24/7. It wasn't possible then due to my age and because of my parents and lack of income. I did start buying them in my junior year of high school when I had my driver's license and had my allowance. I couldn't afford 24/7 then and because of my mom's negative attitude about me wearing them.

I have always blamed my liking on diapers on my childhood and stuff because of my immaturity and being behind my developmental level and difficulty fitting in and my self esteem being affected by other kids because I was "retarded" "slow" "stupid" but I see I will always like diapers and nothing will ever resolve it so no need for me to make excuses about it to justify it.
You're not restarted slow or stupid, you are human, and I like diapers...and wetting my pants. We all come from many walks of life.

For me it was being a chronic nightly bedwetter that lead to my love of it all.

From as early as I can remember I enjoyed wetting my pants, or wetting my bed, it wasn't until I was in my fifty's that i discovered diapers and that they would allow me to wet myself all the time without anyone ever being the wiser.. I still would rather wet my pants but only can do that when I have no one around.

Reactions: WABX and Wetshisbed
chamberpot said:
From as early as I can remember I enjoyed wetting my pants, or wetting my bed, it wasn't until I was in my fifty's that i discovered diapers and that they would allow me to wet myself all the time without anyone ever being the wiser.. I still would rather wet my pants but only can do that when I have no one around.
I was the same and often wet my pants deliberately as a kid and during my teens often wet my bed deliberately too.
Until I was about 10 at some point most days I had a wet patch in my shorts.

I am sorry to hear that your baby sitter did these things to you. I was a pantie pooper at age 11 and I loved the feeling of when the poop filled my panties. It was an instant turn on for me. By age 12 my panties started dwindling and I had to buy new panties. I did my own laundry and was home alone most of the time. When I turned 12 yrs old I saw everything in a new light. I was the neighborhood baby sitter (not the creepy kind). I had access to diapers galore. I learned how to put them on me and I wore them to school and all. One thing I never did was advertise and learned to keep my mouth shut at a very young age. I never wet the bed or anything like that but occasionally I would wear a diaper at night and pee to my hearts content. I saved the pooping for when I got out of school. It was always a great feeling crossing the street and while waiting for the light to change, just let out a big poop in my diaper. Times were great back in the 70's. Now over 40 yrs later I still enjoy the pooping diapers after I get out of work. Life goes on

Reactions: ShyatFirst and WABX
Ever since I can remember I've liked wearing diapers.

As a child there were several indicators that I was a DL which I won't bore everyone with today; but one I remember was at age 8 I put my moms maxi pads in my underwear and then I would pee myself; I also took the diaper off my sisters doll and wore it and peed in it... etc.

I can say for sure that at age 6 I wanted to wear diapers and pee in them; might go as far back to when I was 2 and potty training (I have an impeccable memory).

I'm in my 30s now and even though my keenness for diapers never went away I never thought to actually buy some, I just assumed there were only Depends and I wouldn't be caught dead buying them in my teens/20s, I also assumed depends were more like maxi pads or something unlike a diaper. I always knew I was a DL but I never bought any.

So... How did diapers and or wetting become something you liked.

January 2019 I randomly stumbled upon rearz.ca, I realized that ABDL diapers exist! Things moved quickly after that day.

If I ever figure out why I am a diaper lover, ever since the day I was born, I'll let you know! No triggers that I can think of, I've just always found wearing diapers to be extremely comforting and I feel like I belong in diapers.

These are all interesting paths thank you for sharing

My desire for diapers has been a part of me as far back as I can remember; literally. I have vague memories of how I wanted to wear and wet diapers from when I was 5 or 6. There's nothing specific, only the memory of the desire. I also remember when my parents used diapers as a punishment; if I didn't clean my room or do my chores, then I would be forced to wear a diaper. Obviously this wasn't just a double edged sword, but rather a stab as well. On one hand I did not want anyone to see me in a diaper, my brothers were terrible and relentless, but I WANTED that diaper. I wanted it and I wanted it on MY OWN TERMS. I wanted no one else to dictate how that should go down. So later on I hid the diaper from mom and waited for a time when I could use it.

Reactions: TyphaHare, Sidewinder and ShyatFirst
In your case...what that girl did to you seems like abuse. Really.

I don’t know how my desire to wear diapers started. They say that some people are just “born with it”...that could be correct to an extent, I wouldn’t be surprised if it, in the case of a fair number of people... comes from early memories involving diapers. I’m not going into the specifics because I have done that elsewhere, but these memories do exist for me, and I think that’s part of what triggered it. Something like: at some point when I was really young, I must’ve seen the diaper as a kind of comfort item. And indeed a diaper/nappy always felt great.

Reactions: TyphaHare and ShyatFirst
Are diapers a fetish for you or a medical necessity

One day I will tell my tall of my up bring. I am thankful to be alive today.

I've always struggled with the how and why of it. I'm convinced I was either born with it or some deep seeded unrecalled trauma brought me to it.

I have patch memories but can never pin point it. I remember being around a child at 6 or 7 and seeing a diaper and wanting to wear it. Then when I was 10 or so my parents went through an extremely rough patch and I'd discreetly wet little intentional spurts at night knowing the dampness would be hidden or dried by morning. I liked the feel, then started layering toilet paper or putting on multiple pairs of underwear to create bulk and wet, then hide them. Then nothing, for like a decade.

The internet found it's way to wetset, etc. and I became interested in urge and humiliation and finally bought a pair of goodnites. From then on, courage overcame fear and I became increasingly more ingrained in purchasing and wearing into adulthood; eventually telling one partner and now my current wife.

Whatever it is, I've come to terms that I can't escape it and it is 100% a part of me. The question of why is always still there but acceptance has let it fade.

Reactions: Sidewinder and ShyatFirst
ShyatFirst said:
Are diapers a fetish for you or a medical necessity
I have memories (more like small snap shots) of myself when I was 2 yrs old, some of these memories are me getting diapered after a bath, or at my aunts house by my mom all centered around getting ready for bed.
The others are, one where I woke up in the morning and I had a night time accident, I remember by pj's being soaked and my mom changing me out of them, I think my dad said something about maybe needing diapers but it was more like a solution answer then a threat, the other memory was seeing a few diapers stacked in my closet and I was trying to climb up there to get them ( I was 3 yrs old) So I can say I had this wanting desire since I was very young and for obvious reasons it isn't fetish related, but there are times today that when I think about wearing or I am wearing and I get sexually aroused by either the thoughts or feelings of diapers, but its more of a comfort / lifestyle thing, kind of like a fabric of my internal identity.

I have liked them ever since I can remember. I remember them being comfortable, but not sure what lead to the enjoyment of wetting, I just remember liking the feeling of wetting my pants after potty training, really don't know why, but it felt great, didn't do it too often because of getting in trouble. Fast forward to now finally wearing again and wetting and it's awesome! Really can't explain why I like it, or what led to it, it's just part of who I am I guess

I started enjoying diapers because the held more than panties. period nothing more and nothing less. I was a pantie pooper at the age of 11. Diapers held more poop and disguised the smell. I became neighborhood sitter for that reason and money to buy the panties I ruined, just in case my mom asked any questions. I love the feeling of poop rubbing against my butt and squishing between my legs. I am still a diaper lover 40 years later, and theres no stopping..

Reactions: RetroGamerGuy and JWolf
Back