How common do you think being AB/DL is?

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
First when I started having desires for diapers I thought I was the only one in the world. Then I learned more about it on the internet and discovered I was not alone. After a long back and forth I have finally accepted the way I feel. I live in a small rural town of about five thousand people. In my mind I believe I am probably the only one in town into AB/DL things. Do you guys think it's more common than that? I guess if there were other people around like me they would probably be doing their best to hide it like I am lol. Maybe it's just in my mind. To me it seems like if you were to bring up something like domination or bondage to someone it would be less out there than AB/DL. It seems like it's a less common kink to me. Then again, my friends have told me stories of past relationships and there are definitely some kinky people out there so who knows? What do you guys think?
 
  • Like
Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Dldlns2

TabaCrate

Est. Contributor
Messages
239
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Based on the number of accounts in French sites, it is around 1 / 1000 people in France.
But there a re fake accounts or duplicates and people from other countries.

Lets divide by 3 and it's around 1/3000.

333 per million, 33K per 100 M, say 100k in the US!

Who knows, maybe you're not so alone in your small town :think:
 

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy little toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Messages
5,877
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
I don't even wanna hazard a guess; the estimates we do get change faster than my diapers. o_O
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Kittyinpink, Antientmariner and AliB

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,501
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I think its very rare in general and the odds of randomly meeting another abdl in the general public is even rarer.
 

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yeah I would never ask people in public about it. I think the only way you would discover it besides meeting someone online is if you happened to see their diaper sticking out and politely mentioned it to them. I'm not ready to share this side of myself with anyone as I have a huge fear of it either spreading through the town, or the other person weaponizing it against me if things went sour. As far as I know no one knows about my AB/DL side. Still though, I guess it would just make me more accepting of it if I knew I wasn't the only one around.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoftMichel and BobbiSueEllen

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Messages
2,062
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
LilPaddedBunny said:
as I have a huge fear of it either spreading through the town, or the other person weaponizing it against me if things went sour
That's why we're all in the damn closet. I have many redundancies to ensure this stays with me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SoftMichel and BobbiSueEllen

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Messages
2,062
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
TabaCrate said:
Based on the number of accounts in French sites, it is around 1 / 1000 people in France.
But there a re fake accounts or duplicates and people from other countries.

Lets divide by 3 and it's around 1/3000.

333 per million, 33K per 100 M, say 100k in the US!

Who knows, maybe you're not so alone in your small town :think:
So around 2,000 for each individual state. Well, here's one for Socal.
 
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Antientmariner said:
That's why we're all in the damn closet. I have many redundancies to ensure this stays with me.
Yeah, I just wish people were more accepting of things outside the "norm". I wouldn't expect people to accept someone walking around in public with fetish gear, but it seems like many other fetishes don't get the same shock factor if you bring it up to someone. I just wish we could mention what we're into to friends and talk about it without fear of being shunned and humiliated. At one point me and my friends were hanging out and got into talking about kinks and things they watched online. I just played dumb and said I wasn't into anything too out of the ordinary. Hopefully someday people will be more open minded :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: lilithra, SoftMichel and BobbiSueEllen

Diapercutie

Est. Contributor
Messages
189
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
More common than we realize
 
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

DiaperedElmo

I ❤️ Sesame Street
Est. Contributor
Messages
259
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I think AB/DL is more common than we think. I believe there's at least 330,000 in the US alone (0.1% of the US population), and millions more around the world.

Also, I think there are loads of people who do childish things that just don't admit it, or do it occasionally that it isn't a lifestyle like AB/DL. For example:
  • Cuddling with teddies and plushies
  • Watching TV shows for children
  • Playing with toys
  • Wearing childish clothing/pajamas
  • Drinking milk (from a mug) before bed
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Belarin and BobbiSueEllen

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
DiaperedElmo said:
I think AB/DL is more common than we think. I believe there's at least 330,000 in the US alone (0.1% of the US population), and millions more around the world.

Also, I think there are loads of people who do childish things that just don't admit it, or do it occasionally that it isn't a lifestyle like AB/DL. For example:
  • Cuddling with teddies and plushies
  • Watching TV shows for children
  • Playing with toys
  • Wearing childish clothing/pajamas
  • Drinking milk (from a mug) before bed
Lots of people do things some would consider childish. Maybe someday the stigma against diapers will start to wear off as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,864
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
max. 2 or 3% in total... I mean people who as a minimum ocassionaly use a diaper.
 
Last edited:

Ali123

Est. Contributor
Messages
317
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I suspect it’s far more common than we think. In fact I think most ‘kinks’ or whatever you want to call them, are more common than we think.

We’re disappointed that it’s hard to talk to people about liking to wear nappies. But it’s probably hard to talk to people about liking to be tied up, or wearing women’s panties.

The internet emboldens people, as they see there are others like them. My guess is that abdl numbers are increasing all the time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lilithra, Lyric and BobbiSueEllen

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,083
Age
37
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I also think it is a lot more common than we believe it to be, There are more people into ABDL who actually wear and/or use diapers than we realize but as has been said, probably around 90% of them/us spend a lot of time and energy trying to keep it hidden and even when they think they might have seen someone else wearing a diaper in public they are highly unlikely to approach the person and ask.

It is also getting much more common to find people in some combination of LB/LG/DD/MD relationships where diapers are not a thing but one partner acts childish and/or the other treats them that way, even when ageplay isn't really a part of it at all there are many who still have some form of mummy/daddy dom relationship. many of these people may not be into ABDL but may be more accepting of it in others. Some of them may even think they are not into diapers but if they ever try they may get hooked.
Then there are the people who for one reason or another have yet to actually indulge in diapers and explore the ABDL world, be it through fear of getting caught or feeling like a freak for having those thoughts, trying to avoid their desires, simply not knowing that it is possible or maybe just not having the means to buy them.

It is also getting much more known about out in the world, with TV shows, Youtube channels, instagram, reddit, twitter etc. more "(currently) vanilla" people are learning about ABDL and whether they choose to give it a try or not the thoughts may start occuring in their heads.

Then there are the Incontinent folk, now while many of them do not consider themselves ABDL and trying to make a connection between the two can be infuriating to them, but there are a large number of people who come to ABDL lifestyles through incontinence (maybe they come to a site like this for IC support and get exposed to ABDL and begin to gain an interest).

Incontinence is actually much more common than you'd think.
The majority of studies over the years have found that incontinence affects on average around 300m people worldwide. This equates to about 5% of the population. A huge issue is that due to embarrasment, fear and the lack of talk about it, as well as lack of medical records and support in many places (like 3rd world countries) there are probably many more people suffering from incontinence than what is on record

To date, it is estimated that around 7 million people in the UK have some level of urinary incontinence (5-10% of the population). The fact that many do not even see a Doctor means this proportion could be even higher.

If just 1% of those that are incontinent get into ABDL at some point that is at least another 70,000 people in the UK alone (it is probably less than 1% but it's still a lot of people and possibilities).
 
  • Like
  • Thinking
Reactions: lilithra, BobbiSueEllen and LilPaddedBunny

db80

39
Est. Contributor
Messages
352
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think AB/DL is extremely rare.
ADISC is certainly one of the most well-known and popular websites for AB/DLs worldwide and despite excellent search engine results, good reputation and 1.2 billion English speakers, there are less than 50 k members in total, including all the inactive ones.
 

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Belarin said:
I also think it is a lot more common than we believe it to be, There are more people into ABDL who actually wear and/or use diapers than we realize but as has been said, probably around 90% of them/us spend a lot of time and energy trying to keep it hidden and even when they think they might have seen someone else wearing a diaper in public they are highly unlikely to approach the person and ask.

It is also getting much more common to find people in some combination of LB/LG/DD/MD relationships where diapers are not a thing but one partner acts childish and/or the other treats them that way, even when ageplay isn't really a part of it at all there are many who still have some form of mummy/daddy dom relationship. many of these people may not be into ABDL but may be more accepting of it in others. Some of them may even think they are not into diapers but if they ever try they may get hooked.
Then there are the people who for one reason or another have yet to actually indulge in diapers and explore the ABDL world, be it through fear of getting caught or feeling like a freak for having those thoughts, trying to avoid their desires, simply not knowing that it is possible or maybe just not having the means to buy them.

It is also getting much more known about out in the world, with TV shows, Youtube channels, instagram, reddit, twitter etc. more "(currently) vanilla" people are learning about ABDL and whether they choose to give it a try or not the thoughts may start occuring in their heads.

Then there are the Incontinent folk, now while many of them do not consider themselves ABDL and trying to make a connection between the two can be infuriating to them, but there are a large number of people who come to ABDL lifestyles through incontinence (maybe they come to a site like this for IC support and get exposed to ABDL and begin to gain an interest).

Incontinence is actually much more common than you'd think.
The majority of studies over the years have found that incontinence affects on average around 300m people worldwide. This equates to about 5% of the population. A huge issue is that due to embarrasment, fear and the lack of talk about it, as well as lack of medical records and support in many places (like 3rd world countries) there are probably many more people suffering from incontinence than what is on record

To date, it is estimated that around 7 million people in the UK have some level of urinary incontinence (5-10% of the population). The fact that many do not even see a Doctor means this proportion could be even higher.

If just 1% of those that are incontinent get into ABDL at some point that is at least another 70,000 people in the UK alone (it is probably less than 1% but it's still a lot of people and possibilities).
Yeah I believe the shame many feel when wearing diapers, be it for incontinence or AB/DL desires, causes a lot of people to keep things hidden instead of being more open. There are many people who stay completely silent that we don't know about. If it was more accepted in society maybe those individuals would be able to get the courage to discuss their feelings and issues with others. I'm certain that would help many people with low self esteem. Self acceptance and confidence boosting can do wonders! It would help people deal with their AB/DL desires, and it would also help purely incontinent people deal with their condition.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belarin and BobbiSueEllen

Andrewgdfw

Est. Contributor
Messages
450
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
TabaCrate said:
Based on the number of accounts in French sites, it is around 1 / 1000 people in France.
But there a re fake accounts or duplicates and people from other countries.

Lets divide by 3 and it's around 1/3000.

333 per million, 33K per 100 M, say 100k in the US!

Who knows, maybe you're not so alone in your small town :think:

Agree to the logic above.

I was also thinking 1 / 1000 for the USA population of about 333 million = 333,000. Then, let's divide by 3 for reasons given above.
That brings us down to around 111,000 in the USA. As stated, who knows ????
 
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

lilithra

Fluffy Kitsune 3 Tails
Est. Contributor
Messages
153
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
db80 said:
I think AB/DL is extremely rare.
ADISC is certainly one of the most well-known and popular websites for AB/DLs worldwide and despite excellent search engine results, good reputation and 1.2 billion English speakers, there are less than 50 k members in total, including all the inactive ones.
When something is so much stigmatized, until the society does a generational change usually it is not possible to do big steps.
The minorities cannot make enough noise to be heard if the people aren't at least open to listen.
The freedoms of the people vs the resistance to change the way of thinking about what is 'normal'.
Politics aside, this is about people in the street making judgements about the way of living of other people.
When there are enough key people interested and the generational change happens, is when the minority gets recognized as legitimated.
 
  • Like
Reactions: db80 and LilPaddedBunny

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Messages
76
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
lilithra said:
When something is so much stigmatized, until the society does a generational change usually it is not possible to do big steps.
The minorities cannot make enough noise to be heard if the people aren't at least open to listen.
The freedoms of the people vs the resistance to change the way of thinking about what is 'normal'.
Politics aside, this is about people in the street making judgements about the way of living of other people.
When there are enough key people interested and the generational change happens, is when the minority gets recognized as legitimated.
Well said! I'm sure people into AB/DL is uncommon, but I think it seems more uncommon than it actually is because a lot of us hide it so well. Some of us are like diaper ninjas lol. Eventually everything comes out in the open more but it takes generational changes like you said. The more people that grow up around it the more who will be accepting of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Top