how comfortable are you guys when it comes to buying adult diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffenschmidt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Most of my diaper purchases are online. (pretty much exclusively). I have no problem with that, and delivery is a breeze since they come in unmarked boxes. That being said, I feel that I'm moving beyond the fear of someone, even a friend, finding out. It just is what it is. If asked about it though, I would probably play the medical card, if only to preserve my reputation in our still-too-uptight society. That being said, I think I'm pretty comfortable with it.

pottypullup

Moderated
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i first time buying at the store was a very nervious expirence my heart was pounding i was shakeing and i took a couple deep breaths and got to the check out counter pulled out my money the clerk says how are you tonight i say good you and it was christmas eve so i said merry christmas and i handen her the money she followed through and finished the transaction and i was out of the store and i got to my truck drove down the road and i patted my self on the shoulders and pulled a diaper out so i could get a wiff of it great expirence will do again just go to an old clerk or an ugly one

- - - Updated - - -

i first time buying at the store was a very nervious expirence my heart was pounding i was shakeing and i took a couple deep breaths and got to the check out counter pulled out my money the clerk says how are you tonight i say good you and it was christmas eve so i said merry christmas and i handen her the money she followed through and finished the transaction and i was out of the store and i got to my truck drove down the road and i patted my self on the shoulders and pulled a diaper out so i could get a wiff of it great expirence will do again just go to an old clerk or an ugly one

Sihcara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Carer
i hate when i have to buy an "emergency" pack from the store. a few times ive gotten the rush you mention, other times its been just like buying anything else. The very first few times i thought i was gonna have a heart attack. Then one time some illegal immigrants laughed at me, i just wanted to yell la migra la migra.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The first time I bought in store was absolutely nerve-racking, that was five years ago, I'm still nervous but much more comfortable with it now, I actually just bought a pack of adult diapers just minutes ago and I was much more comfortable with it than I usually am

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I buy the baby diapers at the stores. I buy the adult diapers at the medical supply stores. Now I buy all my diapers online. :smile1:

DLmale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At first it was a bit uncomfortable. today i just call the store (in Israel we have special stores for adult diapers) and ask them to pack me what i need, before i come to pick it up, or ask to send it to my home. i believe they dont realy think its for me :tongueout:

even if they would think it's for me, i wouldnt care!

DprdDirtRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have only purchased at a store a few times and only because I ran out of my stock or could not order online. If stores stocked decent diapers then I would be more inclined to purchase in person pay shipping and wait for it. The first time purchasing was definitely the most nerve racking. The few times that I purchased in store after that seemed to be much easier. Now i really only order online and get the package held at FedEx so that my family wont open it thinking it is there's.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
i buy mine online. alwas have. i get anxious over the smallest things.

i mean if i walk into the bank and i want to check my balance in the hole in the wall. my hands sweat really badly and i get all anxious and cant stand still.

so for me buying diapers in a shop would make be a big no no i i think.

i still feel paranoid if im wearing when i go out of my flat.

in case anyone notices and points at me or laughs at me or even makes fun of me.

but in my flat i dont wear anything else except my jammies. which i cant stop wearing because i love them so much.
plus a lot of my family lives in my town. they all shop in the shopping center in town too. if they saw me id be busted big time.

Mittens

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
  2. Other
I was nervous about buying diapers for a long time especially when I was younger, but for some reason at the tiny local pharmacy a few blocks from my house I feel completely comfortable buying.

I'm generally an anxious boy, yet I am so confident when buying my nappies. c:

DeftLeppard

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Carer
I was shakin like a dog the first time I bought in a public place, but now, i'm used to it. I kind of enjoy the thrill nowadays, but now that I live alone, I usually order online. I try to ration my stash and I've made a 27 pack of Goodnites last me for nearly 3 months.

wizardrincewind

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
the first time i went to the local mobility store to get diapers i was a bit scared and embarrassed but now its not so bad but i still am a bit wary as one of my friends lives close by and they dont know about this side of me yet

bramcn0744

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
With as many other things, most of its perception. If you make a big deal about it and act all nervous or secretive, people around you will wonder. If you just treat it as an everyday purchase, no one even things twice about it. I prefer ordering online only due to bulk/savings.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
As many of you have indicated, the first few times were a bit nerve wrecking, but then I had no real problem. Since my Mom shops at the same shops I do, I am careful in making sure she would not be there at the same time.

More recently, I have ordered online since many of the stores around here no longer carry the diapers I like.

CrissyVon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
It's an interesting story for me. These days, it doesn't bother me that much. It does feel like a bit of a rush at times, and I'm sure to buy them at a store that isn't near my church so that I don't cross paths with anyone I know. I don't fear the embarrassment really, because either I wear the diapers and be protected or I don't and have problems with leaks, wet underwear, and serious fungal infections. I just want to avoid questions and pre-judgements.

However, there was time when I was younger, and I bought my diapers from a pharmacy. The cashier and stocker were mouthing off to each other, and then the cashier lifted up my bag of diapers and said "if you don't shut up, I'm going to put these on you!"

Yeah.... that made me really uncomfortable that day. I felt like sinking into the ground at that moment.

InNappies32

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When i first went to the shop to buy nappies for me , i told them that thay were for my mum, kept up this little fib , untill the day i went to same shop for more nappies, and haddent noticed that thee nappy i had on had leaked ,down left side of my bottom. i was told this by a customer who was stood behind me , 65-70 ish year old lady, was bit embaresing but got over it , plus shop keeper told me she always new thay were for me. So now i feel comfortable Buying nappies now..

Fenrierlilfolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
I still get nervous x3 but it's the good kind of nervourness and anticipation x3.
There's nothing quite as awesome as getting them first hands

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My first diaper purchase was at a nearby drugstore that I usually never go to. Bit of a nervous wreck but survivable. I sort of knew what I was looking for, and got lucky to grab the right package.

Second time I tried that was at a walmart, which didn't go so well. Grabbed the wrong thing (that of course looked identical, got clothlike pullups!) and naturally the checker had problems scanning the package.

After that, I got a few samples online, my first being bambino. even then when ordering samples, then bags, then cases, I was nervous to start with. But now I order online with complete confidence.

I order a LOT of things online. The delivery guys have that figured out and sometimes comment on it. My neighbors have gotten used to seeing boxes sitting by my door before I get home from work, and also comment that I order a lot online. So that makes the occasional delivery of cases a lot more comfortable. A lot of what I order comes from the cheap junk places overseas, so it can be 4-6 weeks after I order that a delivery arrives. So when someone asks me about a package I got recently and what was it, I can usually honestly say I'm not sure what package they're talking about, I order a lot online.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
With as many other things, most of its perception. If you make a big deal about it and act all nervous or secretive, people around you will wonder. If you just treat it as an everyday purchase, no one even things twice about it. I prefer ordering online only due to bulk/savings.
I agree with you on that I first time I bought real diapers with plastic straps on it and I acted all nervous and secretive the cashier questioned why was walking around with the diapers in plastic bag before buying them and said so people don't see me buying them and looked at me suspiciously and then I gave her the money but thankfully I was the only one in wal-mart at 3:00 am in the morning and then the second time I treated diapers as an everyday purchase with my grocery items that I bought at the same time and cashier didn't say a word but say let's ring them up when was putting my other grocery items on the checkout line and I payed for them walked out no one saying a word or looking at me!

- - - Updated - - -

It should be nice if you can write that in English.
Translated It for you.
I do not buy diapers nervousness in a specialized store and do not hesitate it is for me as incontinent people really think medical and in my case same true if I 'm AB / DL.

HelpingHarryHome

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
If you're not elderly, people won't usually assume they're for you any more than they would baby diapers. At least, if you live somewhere it's not unusual to live with aging parents or grandparents, or that has waiting lists for nursing homes. This is why I don't understand why they've replaced most tape-on diapers with pull up ones - if granny could easily stand up to put the thing on, I'd just have her use the toilet while she was up, wouldn't I?

Of course, thanks to TV and tabloids, there are some that may just assume you've got Disease of The Week, but I'd be wondering what anyone that automatically assumes a young, healthy looking person, wears adult diapers, gets up to in *their* spare time...

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm nervous at times when buying diapers. However, I just can't seem to buy any without anyone thinking that I'm a freak. That's why I choose to kind of look for used baby diapers that are in the mens bathroom at a mall when no one looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.