How can we normalize the abdl lifestyle?

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
I think the main problem is with the term Adult Baby and Diaper Lovers, what they hear and think is OMG that adult is into babies or that person must stalk little children. they have little or no understanding of what the community is about and let's face it we are one heck of a spectrum from non-sexual littles all the way up to people that can't be intimate unless nappies are involved. We should just get on with our lives and not let the likes of Ophra and Jerry Springer to go for sensationalism, if we are asked about our choices or needs then we should explain things simply and rationally.

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
People who don't want put on that special list people don't like talking about, By mistake, because it can and will happen
Well then just keep it to yourself. I would agree that people are quick to fill that list out but there are no problems if you keep it as close to the chest as possible.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Yes, but again, who cares what other people think about this?
I'm not looking for acceptance from the general public but I think it is important to the extent that people lose relationships, marriages, children, jobs, etc., when it comes out intentionally or unintentionally. Having a world where people didn't overreact about things that don't hurt them would benefit everyone.

StrangelyShapedTree

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not looking for acceptance from the general public but I think it is important to the extent that people lose relationships, marriages, children, jobs, etc., when it comes out intentionally or unintentionally. Having a world where people didn't overreact about things that don't hurt them would benefit everyone.
God you have a point there. But I never really correlated our public image with acceptance from SOs. It's like a real trial by fire sometimes and life isn't always easy, but this has definitely been a really sensitive notion for me for some months now. I just never saw it that way tbh.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
God you have a point there. But I never really correlated our public image with acceptance from SOs. It's like a real trial by fire sometimes and life isn't always easy, but this has definitely been a really sensitive notion for me for some months now. I just never saw it that way tbh.
It's anecdotal because we don't have studies and data but when I first started with ABDL communities over a decade ago, it was more common to see threads of (almost always guys) who had suffered because someone found out.

It still happens but it seems to be less common. It really ought to be something people work out privately (at least in relationships) but I think having a context for others to put it in and general information available is helpful.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think we'll gain more acceptance when television starts showing more of us and eventually in a more positive light. Look at the LGBTQ community. If they were on early television at all, they were depicted in a very unflattering light. Now Hollywood would condemn anyone who speaks ill of homosexuality, and the LGBTQ community.

Adult babies have been shown on a few shows in the last 10 years but we're still portrayed as being very outside society. The only one I've seen with some acceptance was the boy in the TV show "The Middle" who they called diaper boy. Sill, time is on our side.

BobbiSueEllen

A sweet n shy AB-t girl
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I thought Americans were quite illiberal on sexual matters due to the high Christianity percentage. The UK where im from is a lot more secular
Not necessarily. It seems about even, with occassional teeter between sides. But it also seems like both sides, in-general, love to make a freakshow out of the unknown or that which they'd rather not make a partial effort to understand.

Sidewinder

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Normalizing it in terms of it not being misunderstood on a Horrendous degree, There are things that could change about the way people see it, not Normalize but more of kill misconceptions of it "They fear what they don't understand, And they despise what they fear."
Fear of the unknown is an inherent trait in everybody, the whole world over.

Through knowledge and enlightenment, we gain understanding, wisdom, respect and tolerance of not only our own views, but that of other people's as well.

It is ignorance that causes intolerance, hatred and disrespect towards all.

Nobody can help the way they feel, but they can help the way they act upon their feelings.

Last edited:

daddyconnor

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
It will likely never be normalized. I agree with @KitsuneFox. There is too much stigma and unfortunately the self appointed ambassadors for our kink wildly misrepresent it and are often controversial.

If it was gonna have a chance of being normalized, you need more regular well adjusted and sorry to say attractive/popular people with social skills to rep the lifestyle. Right now the public only sees train wreck examples.

One of my littles (We recently took on a little boy and a little princess in real life) just got to the point of breaking down the stigma wall with his wife... because she read all our conversations and realized that most of his close friends are well adjusted highly successful attractive professionals.

One other note, I don't care if society as a whole accepts our lifestyle. We are who we are and I accept, embrace and love the lifestyle.

Last edited:

Sidewinder

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
"Normalizing" it would take the fun out of it!
You said it!

The world would be such a boring place if we were all "normal," but then again normalcy, like a lot of things is subjective.

One person/culture/subculture's view of what's considered "normal," is another's view of what considered "abnormal."

As a wise man once said: "variety is the spice of life."

Bottom line: it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Last edited:

CrinklesTheBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
I personally think people should stop trying so hard to normalize everything. What we do is different, unique, and special. We need to have it normalized to the masses. Yes, I think people should be educated on the true meaning of ABDL is, but if people don't accept it, that should be their choice. I think in our world today there are too many people wanting to push their lifestyles in people's faces and expect others to just go along with it. That's not the way it works. You're always going to have opposition. Instead of trying to force on people and shove it in their faces, take the time not be so obvious and stick out. Be proud of who are and what you are, but isn't all upset if people don't accept your lifestyle. They have that right not to accept it just as much as you have the right to live it.

Jim100

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
yes but as babies we do not yet have control of the nerves and muscles that control voiding nor do we have the mental ability to recognise the signs that we need to void. That is a big difference to putting on a nappy, pants, onesie as an adult and then going shopping with a dummy in your mouth and a care taker figure checking to see if you have wet or soiled yourself. And where would you be changed into a fresh nappy? I doubt many people would want to see you in either the ladies or gents bathrooms and using a disabled toilet because you CHOOSE to use your nappy is just wrong.
The were in AZ is in the family rest room where our Governor signed into law that adult changing tables must be installed. However walking around or acting like a baby by not dressing to cover up the diapers i.e. shorts pants or the like, sucking on a paci, having a bonnet on, caring a baby bottle or any childish things is one step TOO far. As far as your diapers go so what if they bulge. As to juvenile printed t-shirts or onesies again so what. remember the 1000 mile trek starts with a single step.

armydipr

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Way too much negative stigma - even far left alphabet groups won't touch .

Try to rationally explain to a 'normie' why acting like a young child and using diapers is enjoyable ... and * NOT * sound like a 'sick perverted child predator' .
The sad thing is sof far out alphabet groups are saying, pedophiles are just another sexual preference and not criminal, but we are unacceptable lol thise few groups are truly twisted. Normies as you call em all have something they hide lol.

Last edited:

MakABDL

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The were in AZ is in the family rest room where our Governor signed into law that adult changing tables must be installed. However walking around or acting like a baby by not dressing to cover up the diapers i.e. shorts pants or the like, sucking on a paci, having a bonnet on, caring a baby bottle or any childish things is one step TOO far. As far as your diapers go so what if they bulge. As to juvenile printed t-shirts or onesies again so what. remember the 1000 mile trek starts with a single step.
Indeed, I don't think we should seek out trying to normalize it ALL at once, we need to work that Diapers in any circumstance are not demonized like they are now, I believe the initial idea for this thread was the fact that it's demonized and looked down upon because of misconceptions and misunderstandings. What folks like me want is just to have Diapers be seen as normal. Wearing and using diapers REALLY isn't as much different as using the toilet normally, people put Way too much thought into that itself.

Have you ever noticed how strange all culture norms are as well as Societal Norms? Why should one be demonized while the rest is 'Considered' normal.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
We now have the "changing places" bathrooms available and they are a god send as I can't always change myself, and sometimes need my fiancee/mummies help.

BobbiSueEllen

A sweet n shy AB-t girl
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
The sad thing is sof far out alphabet groups are saying, pedophiles are just another sexual preference and not criminal, but we are unacceptable lol thise few groups are truly twisted. Normies as you call em all have something they hide lol.
I will never, ever accept pedos or NAMBLA folk. Ever.