How can we normalize the abdl lifestyle?

JackandJill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
We've seen a lot of normalization with different groups of people in the last few decades like LGBT. Will we see that for ourgroup?

How could we? Should we try?

Maybe we can take over the world with rubber duckies. Sorry bad joke.

Maybe we can start by normalizing some of our clothes like bring back the onesies?

KitsuneFox

* Yip *
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Way too much negative stigma - even far left alphabet groups won't touch .

Try to rationally explain to a 'normie' why acting like a young child and using diapers is enjoyable ... and * NOT * sound like a 'sick perverted child predator' .

Last edited:

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
Well you can get onesies in plain colours that are either zipped (I don't like the zipped ones) or poppered for adults so onesies aren't a problem. But personally apart from meet ups, munchies or fetish conventions I don't think it will ever be normal to see an adult baby walking down the street or being pushed in a pram, and to be honest I don't think we should try to, society is never likely too accept that some people love being in and using nappies as adults or that others want to be treated as a baby or toddler.

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Yeah and what’s really funny is. There is hardly anyone on earth that hasn’t used a diaper before. It’s funny how unexpected it seems

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
yes but as babies we do not yet have control of the nerves and muscles that control voiding nor do we have the mental ability to recognise the signs that we need to void. That is a big difference to putting on a nappy, pants, onesie as an adult and then going shopping with a dummy in your mouth and a care taker figure checking to see if you have wet or soiled yourself. And where would you be changed into a fresh nappy? I doubt many people would want to see you in either the ladies or gents bathrooms and using a disabled toilet because you CHOOSE to use your nappy is just wrong.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Today, at least here in Canada, there are many workplaces which will punish you for not embracing diversity and showing acceptance towards diversity. Whether it be viewing mental health as a personality rather than a disability, or celebrating and encouraging transgenders to feel comfortable with being themselves, or people with autism or anxiety knowing they can ask for a work load reduction when they are feeling overwhelmed. Managers are to respect their employees, and co-workers are to be accepting. etc....

It's actually really amazing here.

My workplace, which is the largest telecommunications company in Canada and employees 30,000 people, is very passionate about changing the way we look at diversity. There are tall posters in every building of diverse people and inspirational words. This is all driven by a Inclusion & Diversity Council from within our company.

Each week they put out a "Humans of company name" article which interviews a willing participant who discusses their secret/challenge. There is one article which interviews someone who is incontinent and wears diapers to work. I would share some more details but I cannot share internal information.

“If we don’t talk about mental health, we can’t address stigma”

“My team made me feel understood and respected”

"When we share our truths or challenges we are dealing with, we become more human and it opens the door for others to do the same."

So, I can say without a doubt that if my co-workers found out that I chose to wear diapers and any one of them mistreated me, they would be written up, and I would be protected.

These are all small steps made by our government and employers to start changing the way everyone views mental health.

And yes, I think our need for diapers falls into some sort of mental health category.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't think a choice would count and could possibly cause you a lot of trouble. If you were IC then you would probably be covered, but choosing to wear and use nappies is not a disability or medical condition.

KitsuneFox

* Yip *
Est. Contributor
Role
Today, at least here in Canada [...]
Does this actually extend to other jobs, or just your employer ? From a look at Google, low wage employees are treated pretty poop-aly in Canada .

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't think a choice would count and could possibly cause you a lot of trouble. If you were IC then you would probably be covered, but choosing to wear and use nappies is not a disability or medical condition.
I know and that's something I have been trying to figure out. I have no plans on coming out, but the fact is I have a mental health condition where I and many ADISC members, for whatever reason, feel the need to wear diapers to work. Is this just a fetish I'm taking too far? To your point it's a choice and a fetish, my workplace would not be open arms or accepting if I hypothetically wanted to start wearing butt plugs while I worked, because they calm me down. But they are open arms to men who choose to wear womens panties, bras, and dresses. Is there a difference? Cross dressing isn't always about gender.

Does this actually extend to other jobs, or just your employer ? From a look at Google, low wage employees are treated pretty poop-aly in Canada .
I doubt Joe's Auto Shop down the street could care less or be less accepting if one of their mechanics wanted to start wearing a womans wig to work; but Joe would not be able to fire the person as a result.

I do wonder what the diversity atmosphere at Wal-Mart is like, who employs thousands of Canadians. I'm pretty sure they would allow and welcome their floor workers and cashiers to dress appropriately and accordingly to how they identify.

Last edited:

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
I know cross dressing isn't about gender, and as a paramedic in civvy life i came across more than a few cross dressers, including a police sergeant, although no woman in her right mind would have worn the clothes he put together. When ever my mate and I were called to an incident we always a, asked names and if this fellow with 5 o=clock shadow and dressed like a beaut5y queen wanted to be called mary, that's what we called him and treated him as he appeared, unfortunately not all my colleagues were so understanding and at the time a lot of medical and nursing staff wern't very understanding either. As for wearing butt plugs, unless your company insists on strip searches every day, how would they find out?

Sidewinder

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Today, at least here in Canada, there are many workplaces which will punish you for not embracing diversity and showing acceptance towards diversity. Whether it be viewing mental health as a personality rather than a disability, or celebrating and encouraging transgenders to feel comfortable with being themselves, or people with autism or anxiety knowing they can ask for a work load reduction when they are feeling overwhelmed. Managers are to respect their employees, and co-workers are to be accepting. etc....

It's actually really amazing here.

My workplace, which is the largest telecommunications company in Canada and employees 30,000 people, is very passionate about changing the way we look at diversity. There are tall posters in every building of diverse people and inspirational words. This is all driven by a Inclusion & Diversity Council from within our company.

Each week they put out a "Humans of company name" article which interviews a willing participant who discusses their secret/challenge. There is one article which interviews someone who is incontinent and wears diapers to work. I would share some more details but I cannot share internal information.

“If we don’t talk about mental health, we can’t address stigma”

“My team made me feel understood and respected”

"When we share our truths or challenges we are dealing with, we become more human and it opens the door for others to do the same."

So, I can say without a doubt that if my co-workers found out that I chose to wear diapers and any one of them mistreated me, they would be written up, and I would be protected.

These are all small steps made by our government and employers to start changing the way everyone views mental health.

And yes, I think our need for diapers falls into some sort of mental health category.
As admirable as diversity is, it's such a shame that acceptance of diversity isn't a set standard for the whole world and even in parts of the world where multiple forms of diversity are accepted, there will always be individuals with personal prejudices of their own.

It just goes to show, that no matter how much the times have changed, there will always be those individuals who have been and will always be set in their ways.

The fact of the matter is, that everybody (as individuals) hails from different backgrounds and yet all that tends to subside (to varying degrees) when groups of people are united by a common bond.

It doesn't matter if we're old, young, fat, thin, rich, poor, black, white, heatlthy, unhealthy, ugly, beautiful, normal, abnormal, conventional, eccentric or have certain religious/philosophical belief systems that we adhere to, or a combination of any/all of these things, it doesn't change the fact that we are all human beings.

It's all part and parcel of being human.

Last edited:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I'm not sure I'd like it normalized but I would like it to be just another weird thing that people do. I don't think there is much for us to do as a community. I think we do more as individuals just casually supporting harmless weirdness where we see it, particularly not our own brand. Greater acceptance of harmless strange behavior is where things improve for us and the trend seems positive to me already. We don't need an ABDL parade, we just need more disinterested people to look, maybe roll their eyes and think to themselves "Whatever." Curiosity and acceptance are great but it's a lot to ask from anyone without skin in the game.

KitsuneFox

* Yip *
Est. Contributor
Role
I doubt Joe's Auto Shop down the street could care less or be less accepting if one of their mechanics wanted to start wearing a womans wig to work; but Joe would not be able to fire the person as a result.
One of 2 ways
1: reduction in workforce layoff
2: reduce scheduled work to 0 hours per week
Down here it's used to bypass laws all the time, and as far as up in Canada, I do not see any laws preventing it from happening.

Last edited:

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
One of 2 ways
1: reduction in workforce layoff
2: reduce scheduled work to 0 hours per week
Down here it's used to bypass laws all the time, and as far as up in Canada, I do not see any laws preventing it from happening.
I'm currently trying to find out if the xxx policy is enforced for their lowest paid employees or not.
Very valid points, I see you are new here. Many of us do prefer some anonymity here, I did hint around at where I work but I did not mention it, generally we do not call that out and post where other members are employed.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
To be honest I'm not sure i would want either to be normalized a couple of reasons both personal.

a, I'm medically incontinent, i wouldn't want to go to the doctors or back into hospital and have people think that I'm an AB or DL that fact that i am an AB is neither here or there the IC came first.

b, What I have with my fiancee/mummy is very special to me and if it was "normal" it would somehow degrade our relationship.

BobbiSueEllen

A sweet n shy AB-t girl
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Canada on the whole is awesome! They might find you odd but they generally do not rag on ya. Or "rip a strip off of you". It's a great place to be AB/DL!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Way too much negative stigma - even far left alphabet groups won't touch .

Try to rationally explain to a 'normie' why acting like a young child and using diapers is enjoyable ... and * NOT * sound like a 'sick perverted child predator' .
I tend to agree. Sexualizing diapers, baby paraphernalia, and similar things, while in no way victimizing anybody, is understandably uncomfortable for the average "normie," not simply because it appears to be something it isn't, but because it runs counter to the conditioning we all receive as children.

I always chuckle a little when people draw comparisons between ABDL and LGBT. I imagine a world where we're all born gay and then straight-trained, only some of us fall back. It doesn't make any sense. As well, being gay comes with a very different level of social expectation. Gay couples reasonably want to express affection and be recognized as couples in public, for example. On the other hand, I don't often hear many ABDLs expressing a wish to go out in public in full-on baby mode. Of course, that's due in part to an expectation of ridicule, but I also doubt that many ABDLs consider indulging in public to be a major benefit of acceptance. For ABDLs, the definition of success would seem to be tied more to acceptance by family and friends, and the ability to indulge care-free while at home or otherwise in private. Those who actually want to (or do) indulge in public seem (to me) to be a very tiny minority.

Last edited:

Sigmund

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Little
I don't think it should be normalized. Especially if "normalized" also means that people would want to do it in public. At most, I think it would be better for it to be more understood. As far as I know, it's mostly just a recreational thing people do mostly at home to relax and it fills them with warm feelings. I think if it was constant, it wouldn't be special so it makes more sense to keep it mostly how it is now. People have different preferences after all but that's what I think.

Last edited: