How can I take apart a MAM paci? I'm too weak :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBelleReturns

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Okay, so I really want to customize my paci's and put adult teats on but I am too weak! I have tried scissors, pliers, my hands, my teeth and I just can't get the button off! :(

On the same subject, has anyone taken apart a tommee tippee or advent paci before?

They are pretty much MADE to stay together to avoid it being swallowed. Your best bet is to spend 12 bucks and get an adult paci shipped from amazon.

MAMs can be popped apart since they don't use glue to hold them together.
They're really really tough though.

Is there anyone who can help you?
I've heard that pushing it out with a screwdriver through the inside can help, just be careful not to hurt yourself.

I got mine apart with my teeth, but I very strongly recommend you don't. I hurt myself pretty badly doing that, possibly chipped off a tiny bit of my bottom front teeth.

The way I do it is slightly bending the shield inwards while pulling as hard as I can on the button at an angle. To keep things a little more stable, I have the shield facing and held against my stomach. Not sure if this was a good description...

young-woman-struggling-to-open-bottle-isolated-on-white-background-cfrwa0.jpg
Held against your body like this

Thank you, I will try to get a really flat screwdriver and wrench it off.. no there isn't at the moment :(

Did you get it to come apart? i have one ive been trying to take apart forever but im afraid il break it...

PaddedinWI said:
Did you get it to come apart? i have one ive been trying to take apart forever but im afraid il break it...

Nope :( :(

I've modded a handful of MAM pacifiers already and they're a bit time consuming but not the hardest (they are my go-to for modding). What I do is use a box cutter around the seal of the button and then pry it apart using the guard on the box cutter I own (with the blade locked out obviously). Like i said it takes a bit of maneuvering and you want to take things slow if you do use a blade, but it's the easiest method I have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back