How big are your bed pads

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Have you used a larger bed pad? Normally I would use a 3'X 4' but my partner would complain. She said it wasn't enough to cover it completely. She could feel it.
So I got a 3' X 6'. Now it covers the whole bed. Rarely does my diaper leak on the pad. But sometimes it does. That's why I use it. What size do you use?

Reactions: Neroforte and sport1
The reusable bed pads I normally use are 34" x 36". I also have some that are 36" x 60", but I've found those to be overkill.

I’ve never used bed pads. Just a waterproof mattress cover and a really thick night time diaper.

To add to this, the reason I don’t use them is I flip and flop and throw stuff everywhere in my sleep. The pad would probably be on my head in the morning 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and chamberpot
I have a 34"x36" reusable that sits atop a waterproof mattress cover. Add a chux pad & it's like Fort Knox.

One time I was surprised though because I had a diaper leak that made it to the pad. The pad was creased by my lying position so it formed a valley that ended in a small waterfall over the side of the bed. Just shows gravity will always find a way despite best efforts

Reactions: Diprs2
CheshireCat said:
have some that are 36" x 60", but I've found those to be overkill.
I agree but she said that she could feel it when she's trying to sleep. It just feels like a bump along her side. So I adjusted and now she's cool.
Small things are easy. She doesn't complain all the time. Beside I don't leak every night. I'm sure she'd feel that. Thanks for a quality booster and plastic pants (heavy wetter), rarely do I leak.

completely cover the bed with fitted waterproof protection

Reactions: Diprs2, WBxx and DiaperDiva
I think mine is 34"x36" from Walmart. I've leaked a few times into my PJs and T-shirt, and somewhat on the sheet but rarely into the mat. For me, the mat is for the unexpected disaster, which has not happened yet.

My nursing home provides bed pads that are 30 by 66 inches.

I have a Pink on one side and white on the other side changing pad that's about 38" x 34" .
Had if for years got it as a moving in together gift from sweetie heart mate ...

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
mine go all the way across king size bed 35"x80" wash and reusable type

greatlake5 said:
Have you used a larger bed pad? Normally I would use a 3'X 4' but my partner would complain. She said it wasn't enough to cover it completely. She could feel it.
So I got a 3' X 6'. Now it covers the whole bed. Rarely does my diaper leak on the pad. But sometimes it does. That's why I use it. What size do you use?
I have a somewhat large pad my wife does not want wet sheets.

sport1 said:
I have a somewhat large pad my wife does not want wet sheets.
My wife solved that problem! We have separate twin beds now. :eek: We are old enough now that it allows us both to sleep better (that was the real reason).

Reactions: Diprs2 and Constantlydamp
4' x 3'. They work great. Keeps the bed clean and dry. I sleep solo so I don't need it bigger than that. I also have a few pads I use for watching TV.
Just in case. If I have visitors it's easily put it away.

I use a washable 44x52
and also use a waterproof mattress protector
I guess you could call it redundant but if I leak (which is rare) i can just throw the pad in the wash instead of the sheet and mattress protector

Reactions: Diprs2 and jdinvirginia
I mentioned in another post about my three layers of protection. I have a pad directly on the mattress (couldnt tell you the size but its big), then my water proof mattress protector over that(incontinence grade) a normal bed sheet then a small rearz pad i lay on.

Joey

Reactions: Diprs2 and jdinvirginia
3x5 under the sheets, I rarely leak but when I do the expensive bed is protected. My wife does not get upset if there is laundry.

I use disposable 30x36 pads with the 'peachmat' design to catch leaks. Sometimes I can reuse them another night or two.
In the mornings when I leak, I just wrap my diaper inside of them and take it to the trash.

29x35 disposable ones that I use a few times if I can.

36 x 72 northshore bed pads

Eclectic said:
I’ve never used bed pads. Just a waterproof mattress cover and a really thick night time diaper.

To add to this, the reason I don’t use them is I flip and flop and throw stuff everywhere in my sleep. The pad would probably be on my head in the morning 🤪
This is me to a tee. I just use a mattress cover and like you said, I would end up pulling it off with all my flipping and moving

Reactions: Eclectic and chamberpot
Back