How bad will it get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I don't know, "faggot" doesn't bother me, probably because I've been called one like a million times. Usually I come back with, "Hey can I suck you off?" I freak them out, and they leave me alone. I really don't care if they think I'm actually a "faggot" or not.
But what happends if you come across a guy that actually wants you to?

G

gamebaby

Well for people like me(but im not like this any more) they only use the word becuse it sounds like a good diss. i use to do that till i found out what it means and met some people that were gay. But others just dont care. they wodent care if you where there and they knew you where gay. people just dont care if they arent gay.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You know if someone calls you gay or fag, and someone else hears it, it could label you, I was always afraid of being found out, and even today they are very few people who actully know me, personaly, that know I'm gay.

I was called gay at a younger age, and I had to appear to be mad, not wanting to be found out.

If you don't make a bid deal out of it, people wonder, "Is he really gay"

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I think people are getting the idea that I'm at least different than them at my school.

I kinda like it that way though because none of the kids that are annoying really talk to me XD.

Omg the most funny thing happened when today XD. I saw a whole gorup of kids I dislike SOOOOOO much at the mall today, when I went to wee WallE. They were all like "hey" in a sercastic tone and I gave them a dirty look which shut them up for about 30 minutes, then we saw them again and I was with my friend whos a girl and one of them came over to me and she was like "heyyyy you guys going out?" and I said a bit to loudly to my friend "What a whore", they didn't talk to me the rest of the night XP.

Craig

Est. Contributor
I have my self been guilty of calling something gay, not to cause offense, its just a word that everyone seems to use these days to show something is stupid. Also I know I dont say it to cause offense because my brother is gay and it doesnt bother me in the slightest the thing that does bother me is that ever since he found my stash once he has never stopped calling me over it, him most of all should know what its like to not be completely socially accepted in this world, so to me he seems like a hypercrit alot of the time.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Funny story.

I worked with a guy named J.J.... funniest kid I've ever met. He was gay, acted gay, everyone knew it. We even knew what side of sex he was on... anyways...

One night, we are working in drivethru.

*J.J. Does something funny*
Mandi : Your so gay, J.J.!
*Mandi looks embarrassed*
J.J. : Girl, you know it!

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Faggot actually means a bundle of sticks...So if you think it means gay, then you are just doing the same thing that people have done by saying gay means stupid...
The definition doesn't mater, because everyone knows what the connotation is. "Faggot" is an incredibly strong word, just because of its structure. The emphasis pus the power in it, thats why I won't be bothered if someone says fag, but faggot bothers me.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I don't like either word but I do find faggot more offensive than fag... and I know it means a bundle of sticks, but all the homophobes turned it into a word that hurts a lot

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nobody cares if a bundel of sticks is called a faggot, no one thinks buldel of sticks when someone says it.

They all know what it means, and what they are refering to and when your still in the closet, it hurts more.

D

daria7483

Regardless of what faggot actually means, and how we all feel about it, Samaki's sister would be better off getting out of the habit of using it, just as it's a good idea to not get into the habit of using the f-word or the n-word all the time. If she uses it at school and is overheard by a teacher she'll probably get into a lot of trouble, and if she stays in that habit for long and winds up using it in the wordplace she could even be fired. We had a very loudmouthed college student intern where I work, and she was so into the habit of using the f-word, loudly, that she used it around my boss a few times. She has dropped some hints that she'd like to come back again this year but we are very reluctant in part because she is so inappropriate with her language, and we have VIPs who walk past our office all the time and would not be happy if they heard her.

If she does not even know what it means, Samaki, than I think your first step should be to sit her down, or have your parents sit her down, and explain that it has become a slang word used as an offensive way to describe gay people, that many people are very offended by it, and that it is not acceptable for her to be saying it all the time. Then if she keeps using it I'd just ignore her, she probably wants a reaction. A lot of kids go through a habit of using bad words to try to shock their parents. Show her that you aren't shocked or impressed and she'll probably quit doing it.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
apparently shes already moved onto a new word, she hasn't used the word at least in 2 days, shes now onto the phrase, fart bag -.-. Anyways, if she does use it again I probably will have a talk with her, although I don't know if it will do any good because even though my mom and dad have told both of us to accept other people for who they are my sister doesn't really keep up with that and pretty much hates gays -,-.... That's why I'm not coming out to her ANYTIME soon. Prob wont till Im in senior maybe even later in college

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
To me it just sounds like her,word-o-the-day, that she moved on that fast.

And you are a little worryed she found you out, I wouldn't say a word about it, untill she starts with the four letter words, we all know and love to use,and love to immatate.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I only use a few of them and try to limit myself XD. I never EVER say them in my house, which I've been stuck in my house all summer cause theres nothing to do... so I haven't said them at all.

Then when I'm anywhere else I tru not to say them... I mean even at school I might use them just twice a day maybe a bit more.

Role
Diaper Lover
25% of America that are basicly thinking "I don't give a crap what's going on, can you give me an opinion because i'm to stupid and lazy to develup one of my own
THAT must be why Obama is ahead in our local poll.

OH NOOO people saying WORDS! Offensive WORDS, YOU SHOULD NEG REP THEM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
i know it sucks but stick in there
i think the problem is that people just look for anything to pick at
its really sad, but thats how people are,
trust me ive been on the recieving end of name calling
but you are the only person that can change it

Samaki

Contributor
Role
THAT must be why Obama is ahead in our local poll.

OH NOOO people saying WORDS! Offensive WORDS, YOU SHOULD NEG REP THEM!
I like Obama XP I think hes pretty decent, well the best, def over McCain and Hillary... I dont care if i spelled cains name wrong lol...

As long as we don't have McCain or Jillary in office I'm fine with our president lol, so for me it has to be Obama

and thanks renegade your awsome XD

Samaki

Contributor
Role
excuse me? dude, I don't care if you're joking or not, that was just plain out uncalled for. I have no idea what to say now -,-.

Status
Not open for further replies.