Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft Rejecting E-Mail

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Hotmail (and other Microsoft-owned services, like Outlook.com) have stopped accepting any email from us.

So, we can no longer send you your password reset email if your account has a Hotmail/Outlook/Microsoft email address.

So, we have contacted Microsoft to ask them to fix whatever mistaken spam-filtering rule is blocking our mail.

In the meantime, we have to ask all active members who have an Outlook/Hotmail/etc email on file to consider switching to another email on their account, at least temporarily, until Microsoft fixes their filter problem.

We suggest Gmail.com. They provide a very good service, and unlike hotmail, we've never had issues with our mail being blocked when emailing gmail addresses. Their anti-spam filters seem far more accurate than Microsoft's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimberlie, ElPulpo, onecho and 2 others
UPDATE:

Microsoft support replied to me.
They told me that they're leaving us blocked.
They won't say why we are blocked, either, or tell us exactly what we need to do to get unblocked.
I've contacted them again to ask for more details, but so far they've been completely unhelpful, and I don't expect them to change.

As such, I am notifying all of our Hotmail/Outlook/etc-using members that they need to update their email to a non-Microsoft address.
Apparently, you can't trust Microsoft to deliver your email to you properly, and you need to start considering the use of non-Microsoft email services.

If you currently use a Hotmail/Outlook/etc email, then, the next time ADISC tries to email you, and fails, it will result in your account being considered "unverified", and you will lose your Contributor/EC status until you supply a working email address.
This is necessary because we have to have a working email on file for everyone for the purpose of password resets, etc.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Vaan, egor, Kimberlie and 4 others
UPDATE:

After some poking, Microsoft investigated our case, and unblocked our mail.
Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, Live.com addresses should now work again on ADISC.

If your account shows as pending verification, check your email inbox. There is likely a message there with a link for you to click.
If you can't get it working quickly, contact me via the admin stuff forum, and I will sort it out.

Reactions: SabuInu and Furrytum
Back