Hotel Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erica2003

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Question: I want to try to maintain some privacy in a hotel. For example I want to be able to stay in the room for hours or leave and come back. I don't want a housekeeper to come and change sheets or clean up etc?

What is the best way to accomplish this? The reason is I'm a Diaper Lover and I don't want the housekeeper to find wet diapers or my spare diapers etc. I don't want to always take them with me or leave them in the car etc.

How easy is it to put up a do not disturb and not have housekeeping check the room for 24-48 hours or even longer? Will the house keeping find it suspicious? How long will the do not disturb likely last? If the do not disturb is on the door will they still knock? Will they still enter if no one answers?

Do you have to decline house keeping at request? Is that even a smart thing to do because it makes it seem more strange right? Just some questions that those who travel a lot or stay at Hotel/Motels may be able to help with. Thanks.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Most hotels now require random access at some point in time juring the day for cleaning and unfortunately the new need for security checks. When we travel I have a separate bag I dispose of my used diapers in insome cases I double bag them. we also request a matress protector and explain my medical issue when checking in.

Hotel staff come accross adult diapers probably on a daily baisis so try nit to be embarrassed by them seeing used diapers in the trash just make sure you tie the bage closed before you leave the room for the day and leave a bit bigger tip each day for the maid.

Robert1

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Must not travel much most have a do not disturb sign on the door

ST50

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I travel regularly. I am a nightly bedwetter and I have never had problems with hotel staff at all.

indigodl

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Recently travelled, spare diapers stayed in locked suit case (so no chance of seeing anything). Used diapers were double bagged and I ended up dropping them discretely in trash cans outside of the hotel.

Barnboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
As mentioned by indigodl above, keep your stash in your luggage. Dispose of used diapers daily by bringing some extra store plastic bags with you. The do not disturb sign will get you until the afternoon, but depending on the hotel, all bets are off after that with a knock and entry possible. The cleaning staff really don't care about diapers in any case.
I try to stay at time share resorts (many rent by the day). Most do not have maid service until you leave. The rooms tend to be nicer and you have your privacy.

xpluswearer

Moderated
Role
Incontinent
Most hotels now require random access at some point in time juring the day for cleaning and unfortunately the new need for security checks. When we travel I have a separate bag I dispose of my used diapers in insome cases I double bag them. we also request a matress protector and explain my medical issue when checking in.

Hotel staff come accross adult diapers probably on a daily baisis so try nit to be embarrassed by them seeing used diapers in the trash just make sure you tie the bage closed before you leave the room for the day and leave a bit bigger tip each day for the maid.
Hotels that do that practice do not get my business. If they cannot respect my wishes they will get the worst review possible legally I can get away with! I will not and wont tolerate hotel staff entering my room for any and all reasons If they need to see something they will call me first and I will be there when they are in my room. I do not trust hotel employees not for a New York Second!

ieyasu

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I travel around the world frequently. I simply bag my diaper and place it in the bathroom trashcan (or on top of the trashcan if the bin is too small). I have never had an issue.

If you don't want the staff to clean you can typically call the front desk and let them know that no cleaning is necessary but you'll need to do that each day.

-Ieyasu

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I usually leave the DO NOT DISTURB hanging on my door knob the entire visit. I don't need someone picking up my room twice a day at home, I sure don't need it at a hotel.

xpluswearer

Moderated
Role
Incontinent
Question: I want to try to maintain some privacy in a hotel. For example I want to be able to stay in the room for hours or leave and come back. I don't want a housekeeper to come and change sheets or clean up etc?

What is the best way to accomplish this? The reason is I'm a Diaper Lover and I don't want the housekeeper to find wet diapers or my spare diapers etc. I don't want to always take them with me or leave them in the car etc.

How easy is it to put up a do not disturb and not have housekeeping check the room for 24-48 hours or even longer? Will the house keeping find it suspicious? How long will the do not disturb likely last? If the do not disturb is on the door will they still knock? Will they still enter if no one answers?

Do you have to decline house keeping at request? Is that even a smart thing to do because it makes it seem more strange right? Just some questions that those who travel a lot or stay at Hotel/Motels may be able to help with. Thanks.
Before you make your reservation and enter the front door of the hotel do your due diligence.
Ask these following question.
1. I expect full privacy at your hotel that includes your hotel staff I will place a do not disturb sign on my door will you respect my demands for this?
2. I have incontinence and I will need these items (say the list) can you provide these for me if not do you have a problem with me installing my own on your property for the time I am there?
Once you are satisfied with these responses and get a understanding by the hotel manager owner of the assurances then book the hotel check in and enjoy your stay.

Now to set yourself up for success do the following:
1. Before you go pack as many plastic grocery bags as you can fit for the duration of your stay- These will be used to put your used diapers in and then place them in the take out food bag that you bring back to the room for dinner and then take down the hall and place them in the large trash can usually at vending areas or elevators or entry doors. Once they are trash they are trash.
2. Get your diapers shipped to the hotel from your chosen supplier therefore you do not have to pack diapers weighing your luggage down just pack enough to get your to the hotel that is it. Note check that your hotel does not charge to accept packages one hotel in particular Four Points Sheraton Revere Mass Logan Airport will charge you 15 dollars for the service betcha bipseys I got that removed from the bill and got a free night out of it too.
3. Once you arrive get that package and check in also at that time ensure they understand your requirements for the stay, then and go to your room do the cursory bed bug check and clean room check and then unpack and set yourself up for success for the stay. Ask for some extra laundry bags that you could use if you do not bring food back to your hotel to eat or forget to pack plastic grocery shopping bags. then install the do not disturb sign on the door. and enjoy the stay.
4. Once you are ready to leave the hotel for the day in the morning that is when you grab together your trash and used diapers and dispose of them as per above instructions. If you are there when housekeepers are there get your clean towels and other supplies and give them your used towels and say thank you and room 101 does not need service today enjoy the day.

Soakingboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hi Erica2003,
Firstly, I'd say, please don't worry about the diapers. As some of our others friends have mentioned, hotel staff see a great deal of things much worse than that. They will frequently deal with baby diapers, and they will occasionally come across incontinence products. They will likely not even pay any notice to it. Also keep in mind, they would rather you use diapers, than have you soil their beds or furniture.

I think it is just important to be respectful of them; e.g. bag any used diapers, and place in trash, or next to. I see some people remove them from the hotel room, and dispose outside the hotel. Not sure that is necessary (perhaps if messy diapers?), but each to their own... I usually take a roll of those smallest size trash liners on trips. Large size ziploc style bags also work, but they tend to be clear, so more obvious what lies within, if that bothers you...

I agree with others here - keep unused diapers in one of your travel bags, out of the way.

If you need room privacy, use the door sign (or hit the do-not-disturb light in some hotels). Use the in room security lock if offered. Staff may try to enter, but if you are in there at that time, just shout, please come back later... or if you see them working rooms on your floor, just mention you will not require service today. The front desk can also relay that info to them if you prefer. "I am tired, need rest, please no disturbances, thanks". I do this regularly, and never had an issue.

If my privacy has been respected, and service as or more than expected I just make sure to leave a (diaper inflated) tip.

Happy travels
A.

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
For short stays just bring your diapers with you. Roll up any used ones and put them in the room or bathroom trash can for housekeeping to collect. (Or in a small bag left next to the trash can). They do not care if you wear a diaper, and care even less for your reason why. They do care if you leave smelly diapers in the room for too long though, so dispose of them as you know you should.

Also, there is always a do not disturb sign in your room or the inside of the door handle. Put that on the outside of the door handle and they will not enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.