Hook-and-Loop / Velcro Longevity for a Newbie!

YakuiAndOzoi

#1 (diapered) Playboi Carti fan (probably)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hello! I have a question that might be a bit basic, but was pretty hard to research for me due to the kinda obscure nature of it. Please do fully skim my post at least so you understand it, because it might seem like I'm asking about something different than I actually mean!

I am new to wearing. I finally pulled the trigger and got my first pair recently: Tykeables Overnights! They have what I've heard described as the hook-and-loop system (with 4 tapes), which I think of as the tape being like a kind of velcro! I've heard this gives better longevity, which makes me happy.

Here's my question! How long does this hook-and-loop system last with multiple reapplications in mind?

I know that probably sounds a little gross or even counter-intuitive to some of you all, but please hear me out. I, personally, wear in a different way than a lot of people in this community. As of current, I prefer not to wet or mess at all. That is to say, I don't "use" my diapers other than for wearing them itself! Wearing them brings me a ton of happiness and comfort.
So! I have no reason to dispose of them until either the tape becomes unwearable or they become gross enough that they would need to be washed like normal clothes do. I know, I know. This is very gross. I'm sorry. I try to take very good care of my hygiene otherwise.

Does anyone else have experience wearing this way?? How long does the velcro last with repeated application? I'd be really happiest if it doesn't degrade at all! But I'm trying to be realistic here are not set my expectations too high!

I tend to have to use the restroom a good deal due to medication reasons, which means that when I am wearing I take off my diaper and use the toilet, then put the diaper back on (I know I know, I'm very backwards ☆). So, unfortunately, I am reapplying the tapes far more than "usual." I'm also new to putting them on securely and sadly ordered a size that's slightly large for me, so I need to adjust the tape a few times to get it tight enough (getting better about this though!). All these factors would probably make it degrade faster for me than most peoples' wearing habits. So far, I haven't noticed any degradation at all, which makes me supremely happy! But I assume the changes will be subtle for a while, and I've only had them for 2 days now anyway.

Thank you for reading my very long post! Any thoughts or experiences at all are appreciated. As I said wearing is a very new thing to me so there's much I have to learn and most things still seem very novel to me. I look forward to hearing peoples' experiences and thoughts and having a supportive community to rely on!

Last edited:

Halfdan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
since you wish to use them for play time only, suggest you get a pair or two of all-in-one reusable cloth adult diapers. one would cost about the same as a pack of disposable diapers they come in many styles, colors and even nursery prints if you, so desire. can be washed normally and would last a long time.

Attachments

• cloth diaper.jpg
    cloth diaper.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
  • all-in-one-cloth-adult-diaper-s.jpg
    all-in-one-cloth-adult-diaper-s.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you've had experience with velcro then this will basically answer your question because it's the same design.
Just learn where you can and cannot fasten the tabs. Every body is different and everybody has a unique technique.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wondercrinkee

YakuiAndOzoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Halfdan said:
since you wish to use them for play time only, suggest you get a pair or two of all-in-one reusable cloth adult diapers. one would cost about the same as a pack of disposable diapers they come in many styles, colors and even nursery prints if you, so desire. can be washed normally and would last a long time.
Yeah! I was originally planning on getting cloth ones but research for them was otherwhelming so I just went with an affordable option first. Do you have any good recommendations??

Do cloth diapers have the same feeling as the disposable ones? In some ways they seem nicer but other ways they seem less desirable. But I'm pretty flexible on what I like!

YakuiAndOzoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
Nowididit said:
If you've had experience with velcro then this will basically answer your question because it's the same design.
Just learn where can and cannot fasten the tabs.
Oh, really???? That's highly exciting to hear! I wasn't sure if it was the same technology due to the appearance and the much different texture.

I'm still not convinced it's completely the same, though, not the doubt you! It's just a MUCH louder sound and the texture is unlike any velcro I've seen before. It has the same application method, of course. I just didn't know if it was a different kind of tape or adhesion method or something that was just similar.

In any case, you've just made me very, VERY happy.

(sorry for the double post! I don't know if that's frowned-upon here, but this message was posted while I was typing my other response.)

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I like ecoable been wearing them .
Do you wear them just at home or do you wear them in public cloth diapers can be less discreet.
A little thicker. The nice thing is they can be washed. They last a long time I don't do Velcro. I like snaps they hold up better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209-004056~2.png
    Screenshot_20221209-004056~2.png
    451.6 KB · Views: 3

YakuiAndOzoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
foxkits said:
Do you wear them just at home or do you wear them in public cloth diapers can be less discreet.
Hi! As of current, I wear at home! I live with my parents because they're kind enough to still house me. Since I have no medical need for diapers and, because while they are a comfort thing to me they're also a fetishistic thing to me, I currently avoid wearing in any proximity to them (only in my own room with the door closed). So, discreetness really isn't a factor I care about currently.

foxkits said:
I like ecoable been wearing them .
[.....]
A little thicker. The nice thing is they can be washed. They last a long time I don't do Velcro. I like snaps they hold up better.
what's the difference between velcro and snaps? Which one is "hook-and-loop?" I'm a bit confused by all these terms still, as I'm sure you can tell...

What kinds of diapers are ecoable?

SuperMaidRavi

Cheerful, lewd and diaper loving maid ^^
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
YakuiAndOzoi said:
Here's my question! How long does this hook-and-loop system last with multiple reapplications in mind?
the hook & loop tapes actually can last almost indefinitely 😊 you can sit there and keep undoing the tapes and not much will really happen.

The only thing that you could worry about is the padding breaking down due to... well yknow, twisting, squeezing and such, but that shouldn't really be a worry if you don't go rough on your diapers 🤭

YakuiAndOzoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
SuperMaidRavi said:
the hook & loop tapes actually can last almost indefinitely 😊 you can sit there and keep undoing the tapes and not much will really happen.
Yay! That's really, really, really nice. That makes me supremely happy I can wear most nights or for 15~ minute periods when I need the comfort and I don't have to worry about it other than the hygiene factor.

SuperMaidRavi said:
The only thing that you could worry about is the padding breaking down due to... well yknow, twisting, squeezing and such, but that shouldn't really be a worry if you don't go rough on your diapers 🤭
Sorry sorry, I'm super new to this stuffff. How rough would be too rough? Or, I guess, that's the limit of physical activity I can do? If I'm not, uh, directly rubbing something against the outside of the diapers does it matter really?

What does it breaking down affect? I've had clothes get worn down for years of wear I guess. Is it like that but on a much more expediated scale, or does it really start just falling apart in a particularly disastrous way?

I guess I'm lucky enough to have a 10-pack, since it was very affordable and made more sense than getting just one. Maybe I should test the limits of one of them and be real active in it so I know how far I can go, haaa....

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
That's a cloth diaper ecoable is.
The one the other posted showed you a Velcro cloth diaper reusable one.velcro ones tend to go bad if put in dryer it tends to melt the hook ends. But the incerts can be dryed in dryer.I use a diaper rap style not a pocket style if you have a smart phone or tablet there are videos of Ecoable on YouTube some are pocket style some are not take care

YakuiAndOzoi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
foxkits said:
That's a cloth diaper ecoable is.
The one the other posted showed you a Velcro cloth diaper reusable one.velcro ones tend to go bad if put in dryer it tends to melt the hook ends. But the incerts can be dryed in dryer.I use a diaper rap style not a pocket style if you have a smart phone or tablet there are videos of Ecoable on YouTube some are pocket style some are not take care
I see! All of this is very hard for me to understand, but I'm still learning. Thanks for your help! I'll try to remember to research this more later.

Reactions: SuperMaidRavi

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Yes terms can be confusing.
Best of luck