Holiday nappies

deano13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hello

Does anyone know if nappies/diapers can be openly purchased in turkey ? Like in a supermarket or a pharmacy ect ? Im off on a solo holiday soon so it will be a perfect opp to be wearing but i dont want to stuff my suitcase full before i even leave (20kg limit on baggage) And has anyone worn them whilst on holiday there ? What sort of disposable options are avalaible ? Ie is there bins in the disabled loos/ loos in general, probably a daft question but worth a check before i go

I’ve not checked in Turkey specifically, but I usually get them from the pharmacy in whichever country I’m in. Bought some today in Germany…

Reactions: deano13
A pharmacy will be your best bet I think.

Reactions: FireStorm and deano13
Adult nappies, hasta bezi, can be purchased pretty much anywhere in Turkey, from big cash and carry type places to small corner shops.
There are dozens of brands available.
I've not been to turkey in about 10 years now but last time I was the the best ones I found where 'Joly' they are regarded as a premium brand.
Canped are the most common brand but it didn't find them that great, although they might have improved, then there's lots of smaller brands you'll find, and imported brands like tena.

I seen tena slips (cloth backed) for sale in a large-ish supermarket last year. I was in Marmaris and you can find IC nappies openly.. also I stopped in a nice hotel, I didn’t seem any disabled toilets in the hotel lobby, I just changed in my room and left the used ic nappies in nappy bags in the bathroom. The cleaners came every day it wasn’t a problem, nobody said anything. There really isn’t anywhere to dispose of used nappies in bars and restaurants. I just used to bag my used nappies and carry them in my large messenger bag which have my supplies, I never take bag off. Then put the used nappies in room bathroom for the cleaners. If I had bowel IC this would be harder to do.

bobbilly said:
I seen tena slips (cloth backed) for sale in a large-ish supermarket last year. I was in Marmaris and you can find IC nappies openly.. also I stopped in a nice hotel, I didn’t seem any disabled toilets in the hotel lobby, I just changed in my room and left the used ic nappies in nappy bags in the bathroom. The cleaners came every day it wasn’t a problem, nobody said anything. There really isn’t anywhere to dispose of used nappies in bars and restaurants. I just used to bag my used nappies and carry them in my large messenger bag which have my supplies, I never take bag off. Then put the used nappies in room bathroom for the cleaners. If I had bowel IC this would be harder to do.
Did you advise them first ? Or just leave them for the cleaners ?, after investigating i think i found a pharmacy that sells tena slip premium, im not a fan of cloth backed but they might have to do, still going to scout around the supermarkets first

No I just left them in nappy bags

deano13 said:
Hello

Does anyone know if nappies/diapers can be openly purchased in turkey ? Like in a supermarket or a pharmacy ect ? Im off on a solo holiday soon so it will be a perfect opp to be wearing but i dont want to stuff my suitcase full before i even leave (20kg limit on baggage) And has anyone worn them whilst on holiday there ? What sort of disposable options are avalaible ? Ie is there bins in the disabled loos/ loos in general, probably a daft question but worth a check before i go
Not sure. "Turkish toilet" is another name for the squatty-potty ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: deepdriftAD
I don’t know about Turkey, but I used to have a house on a small Greek island and good quality adult nappies were freely available in the small general stores and mini-mart type supermarkets. The island has a resident population in the winter of only around a thousand and I suppose there’s probably around 20,000 people there including tourists in the height of the season, yet the five or six little stores had copious amounts of nappies such as Tena Maxis, Abena M4, ID Slips etc. just nonchalantly stacked with the baby nappies.

It was before I had started wearing regularly and we sold the house in 2018, but I was aware of the various types of nappies available both through reading ADISC and working on projects for a medical supply company. I was always with friends so I was much too nervous to purchase any, but I did have some envious longing glances towards them when I was shopping!

I always wondered just why they stocked so many?

Update.

Back in the uk, just to give an update on how i got on.

I only packed 6 tena slip ultimas (2 on my carry on) and 2 critter carboose.

I packed a load of onesies and some nappy covers, my dungas.

I wore to the airport, tried not to worry too much about going through security, but i ensured i stayed dry whilst going through, changed before the flight. Had no issues at all.

Landed early sunday morning and went straight to bed after getting to the hotel.

Explored a little on sunday afternoon and noticed large open public bins about 30 seconds from the hotel, found a pharmacy that sold tena slips (was closed so i l picked them up on monday instead ) they were cloth backed but i thought id give them ago.

Despite the heat i wore about 97% of the time, it was too hot for onsies and covers so i just wore boxers and folded the back waist band in on its self ( like the pampers poonarmi pants ) with them being cloth backed they were easier than plastic and i always changed after 2-3 pees max, normally id make them last all day, i went through about 2-4 per day and wore the plastic backed ones overnight.

Changing wasnt too bad, most of the disabled loos did have bins, but they were mostly tiny, the same went for the gents, some had a larger taller bin which were better, i mostly got rid of my used ones in the big street bins.

Even wore on the flight back, i had the door opened mid change whilst i was in the airport ( i thought the door was locked, turns out it was broke), the guy seen me changing and quickly closed the door, i quickly taped up and left to go through security, slighly emabarresed but not as much as i thought i would be.

I really struggled to pee whilst flying however, i could feel the need, but no matter how much i shifted forward and tried to lift my bottom off the seat i could not pee, no matter how hard i tried, as soon as i stood up however, flood gates opened.

Overall, not a bad experiance, i was a little worried that people may notice but after a few days a i realised no one cares and they arent looking at your crotch area and they just get on with there day and lives.

Back