Holding A Mirror Up To Ourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Moo said made two important points in one post, each of which deserves its own thread; this is the other one.
Better to give a personal reply to two, than an impersonal reply to twenty.

Ultimately, someone who gets no responses may understand, given the busy nature of the forum. Or, they might get one later. Or, they might get a friendly welcome after their second post.
But someone who gets a copied-and-pasted message as their first response... well... personally, I'd prefer to get either a *totally* automatic message (one sent to all newbies, upon signup, automatically) or a welcome by a human being. This hybrid suggests that either the forum is not advanced enough to have a truly automated welcome message, or just doesn't care enough about its new users.
This hybrid suggests that either the forum is not advanced enough to have a truly automated welcome message,

-which I suspect it is - hence my thread http://www.adisc.org/forum/administrative-stuff/11775-automated-message-newbies.html#post214317

or just doesn't care enough about its new users.

This is not a question about the feelings of individuals but about the site itself. And this question is at the heart of the matter. Let us discuss it.

And if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Let me be your mirror.

You really want the best for the site so you're spending a lot of time on it and are trying to help as much as you can but at the moment I think it's TOO much. Look at it this way, you're poring a lot of water into dam but you're throwing in too much water causing it to overflow and pissing off everyone that lives downstream because you're flooding their house.

I know you want to help but this isn't helping.

Reactions: Hex

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yeah, all these admin threads make me want to curl up and have a little nap.

When I saw this one, I just wondered if it would get any replies and then closed the tab.
It's too much at once.
:sleep:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well sure... I understand... I have some more ideas but will stick them under my hat for a week or two. And bring them out when we are ready... It is like my store of pre-bought ungiven gifts... They sit around until needed; I don't off load them all at once. :) I presume you are talking about Admin Stuff in particular? Or suggestions in general?

Oh, and why is :D there twice in the emoticon list? :D :biggrin:

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Oh thank God I'm not the only one thinking this...I don't mean to be blunt, but all these threads are driving me crazy. Just focus on one thing at a time. It's pretty disorientating having one thing to fix, and then you dish out another thread to fix something else, with several problems in a day, for a few days.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I agree with Pojo, Charlie and Martin. You're spamming the forum, even though your intentions are good.[/font]

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The moment any staff member asks me to do - or cease doing anything - I comply immediately. That should be the end of it. Let's move on; Charley clearly doesn't want activity in this thread. Let's respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.