Hobby or Lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I do not believe this thread was done before, if so please forgive me, but I promise I will make this one a better than the last of this topic.

So my question is to everyone here....do you consider your dl, and/or tb/ab side to be just a hobby you enjoy partaking in, or an actual lifestyle that you consider a part of your personality?

I will answer for myself and maybe it will help you elaborate on your response if your having trouble deciding. I consider it a lifestyle for me, for many reasons.
1.) For as long as I can remember (about 2 and a half) I always wanted diapers to wear and always had a fascination with them on me and on girls.
2.) If I go without wearing diapers and/or regressing for more than a couple days I start to get depressed and become not very functional to do the things I need to do like college, work, and socializing.
3.) Even when I do stop wearing and regressing, I will think about it either on me or on someone else or both, at least a few times through out the day.

So with those reasons I consider it to be a lifestyle for me. It is something that I not only enjoy doing, but it takes up a good part of my time (but not too much for it to be harmful), and it has been always with me and still is in my brain even when I am not acting out on it. Therefore I see it as a part of my personality, it is part of who I am.

So now with my anwer hopefully that will help you decide if you have not decided already. If it is something you do occasionally and you can go without doing it AND without thinking about it for as long as you want then it is a hobby.

snydead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hmmmm, I would kinda say it would be both, but I'm not sure. It's a hobby when I do baby things and buy baby things and it's a lifestyle when I do this alot.... I'm not sure...

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Hmmmm, I would kinda say it would be both, but I'm not sure. It's a hobby when I do baby things and buy baby things and it's a lifestyle when I do this alot.... I'm not sure...
Well I would not consider "both" as a possible option, it can only be one or the other. So I guess your undecided like you said, I figure there will be a lot not sure answers from the younger people on here.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I certanly think about it everyday and sometimes I think it has gotten to much. Like an obsession you think about it atleast some times a day. But still you can control it, its not like you do things openly in the public. All though there are alot of times I have wanted to regress when Im with someone I still know its inappropriate and wierd for them if they dont know it. I think I would say its a lifestyle wich I dont act out if that makes sense.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'd say it's a lifestyle with me since such feelings go back to early school years. They've never gone away. My situation at home with family not knowing about my other side doesn't allow me much time to regress as I would if living alone. When I don't get a chance to act on my feelings for long periods the urges do get much stronger. It's def a lifestyle with me, but normally has to be confined to brief periods of time as if it were a hobby.

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I certanly think about it everyday and sometimes I think it has gotten to much. Like an obsession you think about it atleast some times a day. But still you can control it, its not like you do things openly in the public. All though there are alot of times I have wanted to regress when Im with someone I still know its inappropriate and wierd for them if they dont know it. I think I would say its a lifestyle wich I dont act out if that makes sense.
Yeah that makes total sense megiwara! Diapers and regressing does not have to be out of your control for it to be a lifestyle. If you consider it something that is a part of your personality and you could not live without it for an extended period of time while still maintaining everything else, and specially if it is something you have desired/felt since you were very young, then I consider it a lifestyle.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Hehe this is one that I made when I first got here.

Like I said then I would say mine is Lifestyle but for a whole different reason then everyone else. Hear me out though.
As you know I do not wear for any personal gratification or for emotional or medical reasons. I would not have ever started to wear or even think about such a possibility were it not for DF whom is 24/7. I supported him in his lifestyle and would even wear now and then, though as it turned out I found there to be many, many practical uses for them.
From this I would say it is lifestyle (yes even when I said it was not for any personal gain) only because it has become like any other part of my daily routine, wake up, shower, put on a diaper...

Dose this change my personality in the daily life, nope other then to give me a better idea as to what many people have to go through in their lives that they do not have a choice in.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
For me it's just another fetish, I have a few and this is just one of them.

Rosy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think it's more of a lifestyle for me, even though I really don't spend very much of my time actually doing babyish things and I've never worn a diaper as an adult. However, a lot of the thoughts and feelings tied up with this are things that are innately part of me, and I think I would be a different person and react to a lot of situations in different ways were I not "little" in some ways.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I would have to consider it a lifestyle for me. I've never really thought of it as a 'hobby'. And my *b side is definitly a part of me, and a part of my personality too.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It's definatly with me all the time. I have had an interest in diapers since I was young, about 7yrs old or so. I don't know if lifestyle is the right word, maybe addiction is a better one, if I'm not wearing one, I'm thinking about it. It's part of who I am and I wear every night to bed, and wake up wet every morning.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Very interesting replies, I hope people keep answering! I would love to see how common it is to be a lifestyle, seems to be most common so far!

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Neither, really. It's certainly more than a hobby; that makes it sound like it's just something to do for fun when I'm bored. That's not true, I do it for more than just to entertain myself - I get a comfort from it that few other things give me, and I don't think I've ever want to - or find it easy to - stop completly.

But at the same time, there's no way I'd call it a lifestyle. In some ways, I think it is joined with my personality, but I'm fairly sure my personality is a cause of infantilism rather than the other way round. I think I would still be who I am without it, and it's a rather small part of my life really (though I suppose without it I wouldn't've found this site, which I would say is more than a small part of my life).

So, it's neither a hobby or a lifestyle - it's somewhere perfectly in between.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
It has to be a hobby for me, unfortunately.

Since I live with mum, I have to hide my diapers. I also can't drive (yet) so I can't just go out and buy them. I also don't have a continuous supply either. So right now I'm deprived.

I only get to wear for limited periods of time anyway.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
These are some interesting (i think they are anyways) responses that are not commonly seen among our community.....

From this I would say it is lifestyle (yes even when I said it was not for any personal gain) only because it has become like any other part of my daily routine, wake up, shower, put on a diaper...

Dose this change my personality in the daily life, nope other then to give me a better idea as to what many people have to go through in their lives that they do not have a choice in.
This is not really what I ment by lifestyle, but I still understand the point you are getting at. It is a lifestyle for you because it is something that involves your every day routine of getting dressed. So in a way, it is a lifestyle to you like it is a lifestyle to incontinent person.

I am sure you could agree with me that it is not a lifestyle for you, for the reason that your not a natural ab/dl like majority of people here, cause you never had urges or fantasies of it ever before, instead it was introduced into your life and you took liking to it only for its benefits and not for the way it makes you feel. That would still be classified as a diaper lover, but in my mind that would not make you a 'natural' one.

Are you sure it has not changed your personality, even though I only know you from on here, I would beg to differ that it has made you more open minded towards people with unusual differences that they have no control over. If you would say it has made you more that way, then I would diffently say it has changed your personality for the better.

Neither, really. It's certainly more than a hobby; that makes it sound like it's just something to do for fun when I'm bored. That's not true, I do it for more than just to entertain myself - I get a comfort from it that few other things give me, and I don't think I've ever want to - or find it easy to - stop completly.

But at the same time, there's no way I'd call it a lifestyle. In some ways, I think it is joined with my personality, but I'm fairly sure my personality is a cause of infantilism rather than the other way round. I think I would still be who I am without it, and it's a rather small part of my life really (though I suppose without it I wouldn't've found this site, which I would say is more than a small part of my life).

So, it's neither a hobby or a lifestyle - it's somewhere perfectly in between.
This is interesting response too! Never heard of an answer quite like this. If you say this community is more than a small part of your life than that is part of being an infantilist, so to me I would say it is a lifestyle for you. But of course, define it how you would like, because then again you do know yourself better than everyone else.

This response kind of makes me wonder if some people are afraid to call it a lifestyle because they do not want to acknowledge it is such a big part of who they are because it helps them feel less of a weirdo/freak.

Just remember everyone, something does not have to take up most of your time for it to be considered a lifestyle. Not in my definition of a ab/dl lifestyle. If it is something that is part of your personality, and something that will always be there, and has always been there for as long as you can remember, well then thats a lifestyle to me, no matter how much time you put into regressing or wearing.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I say it's sorta a lifestyle for me, I guess, but I don't have the opportunity to freely "live" the lifestyle. I only wear a diaper once every few weeks, though sometimes I go a few months. It's not that I don't want to wear them, but it seems less suspicious to not order them a million times a year. And I never get a decent opportunity to buy from a store. I rarely ever get a chance to use my pacis, bottle, sippy cup, or anything sissy because I don't get as much privacy as I did about a year and a half ago. Yeah, it kinda sucks.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Lifestyle without a doubt. A hobby gets set off to the side when you get bored or frustrated with it. A lifestyle is always there. For me, the times that i have gone without diapers for an extended time were difficult. I wear diapers to bed. That is how I live my life. Without them, there is insecurity. With them, there is fear of discovery. Either way, they are an important item in my life.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
My mind, interests, and resources go to infantilism often enough for me to safely say it is a lifestyle for me.

fifigal

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Little
Without any doubt, it's "lifestyle". A very integral part of my day-to-day existance.

Role
Diaper Lover
Hmm. Definitely not a lifestyle for me. I don't wear regularly and I think physical participation is a heavy factor in the "lifestyle" category.

At the same time, it's more than a hobby. While diapers are not always on the brain, they do pop into my head at random times. I agree with whoever said a hobby is something that you do "here and there" and then put on the shelf if more pressing things come up. Obviously, things like school and work and stuff come up as precedent, but if I'm participating in said activities, diapers aren't going to always be "on the shelf."

Status
Not open for further replies.