Hmm... what size to wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've been thinking about ordering a small pack of the Secure X-Plus briefs and I had a question I hope someone can provide some descent incite into.

My size falls right between the small and medium sized versions. The smalls will fit and are less money per diaper, but I was wondering if anybody could come up with any pros to getting the mediums (such as better absorbancy). :dunno:

My first instinct is the smalls for less money, but I do want to know all the options. Any input welcome.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
if in between sizes it's usually recomended to go up a size not down
they maybe a little big but you should be able to adjust them tight enough to fit with out leaking.
using smaller diapers, may not be comfortable and be mre likely to leak or come unfastend.
so I would recomend the mediums.
also keep in mind not a diaper brands fit the same and they may not run true to size.
most brands i wear a medium, but some I have had to buy larges because the mediums were to small.
you could buy a sample pack in each size to see witch fits better with out buying a whole pack of them.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
When between sizes it is typically suggested to get the larger of the two... however this is not always the case.

What matters a lot in the diaper size discussion is the length of the product. If it is too long the leg cuts are going to be way too big and you are going to get leaks.

If you would like... I can measure out one of my Secure X-Plus mediums and post the length & width so you can see what works.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The secure X+ diapers are a little smaller than the ordinary store diaper I would recommed you go to the medium.

They are a shorter rise also not by much, I am 120 lbs and the medium fits me just right.

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
When between sizes it is typically suggested to get the larger of the two... however this is not always the case.

What matters a lot in the diaper size discussion is the length of the product. If it is too long the leg cuts are going to be way too big and you are going to get leaks.

If you would like... I can measure out one of my Secure X-Plus mediums and post the length & width so you can see what works.
I actually just looked at one of my more comfortable pair of jeans and it looks like I'm actually just a 30. But I'm also 138 pounds. After looking at the site again this does technically moe me out of the medium range. Does this change any of your guys' suggestions??

Sorry, I should have realized sooner. :wallbash:

*moe = take

Damn, umm... why don't newb's have edit??

Last edited by a moderator:

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If there too small you can't wear them at all if there a little bigger, there no money lost and you can try a smaller size next time.

If I were you, and your in no rush to buy, go to the site and order a few of each and see which you like the best, you might be too uncomfortable in a too small diaper

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
A little off topic, but how discreet is the shipping for the secure X-plus??

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
umm... not very if I remember correctly... I believe it says Secure Personal Care all over the box...

I mean it's not the word DIAPERS spelled out across it or anything... but anyone reading the box could the the idea.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I got the sampels it didn't say anything on the package, and when I bought the mediums I got them from someone who ordered them and couldn't fit in them.

(I still have the brochure here from them in it says,) DISCREET...From our wherehouse to your door we care about your privacy. Our prouducts and packages are discreetly shipped directly to your home.

www.securepersonalcare.com

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I say go with the medium.

I fall between a medium and a large because of my hips and arse. The mediums always fit, however larges gives me that bit of extra room to better shape the diaper to my form, when placing the tape (if that makes sense.)

D

daria7483

Yeah, I agree, go with the mediums...while it's true that if it's way too big, the leg holes might gape, I can't see this happening if you are borderline between medium and small. I think you might have to worry about the leg holes if you bought the XXL size or something. Diapers are kind of like drawstring pants...you can pull them as tight as you need to for them to stay up if they're a little big, but if they're too small, not much you can do. Better to spend a little extra money and know for sure (or 98 percent sure) that you can wear them.

Can you not order samples first?

I have a 28 inch waist and 36 inch hips, but I also have really muscular thighs so I usually go bigger on these kinds of things. But, of course, I'm also female.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I used to think smaller is better because it's nearer to baby sizes :D

I'm more in the small size range really, but minimum size of a medium is usually 28" which is smaller than what I am, so I go with them. The huge size makes them really comfortable if taped up snug, and they do tend to hold a huge amount!

Varies with brand though. Some I find small are fine. A few I find small is too small.

Though even then, I can still fit UK Drynites 8-15 perfectly fine :D (not that they hold anything at all).

Just wish I started out at a much younger age. Back in my mid to late teens I had such a skinny waist I could have fit pampers no question! Back then I started out with home made diapers as I couldn't buy them.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm between medium and small (the ones I know overlap mostly, so small is labelled as 60-80cm and medium is 70-95cm or something) and I have to say that small fits me way better than medium diapers (although I switched brands, too, so I can't be 100% sure).

If you are a really thin guy like me I'd advise you to get the small ones because the leg openings and the general cut of the diaper will be closer to your statue (I guess small is meant for small and thin women, not small but regular weight guys). If you are normal-shaped there should only be upsides with the medium diapers (such as higher absorbancy, more room for stuffers, etc) if the price isn't that important (it has never been important to me, because I rarely wear diapers so if I wear one I want the quality to be very good)

BTW, medium always leaked on me, even though they "fit", because I couldn't get the diaper close around my legs. It wasn't that much of a problem when my penis was really pointing down in a straight line, but anything else *cough* made a mess and after some failed attempts I wasn't feeling "secure" at all :)

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Maybe I should some this up cause it's starting to get confusing. I'm a 30 waste and weight 138 or something pounds. A small is 22-34 and a medium is 32-44. It is true that I could probably afford to go up a size in pants right now.

Assuming I count the smalls out, will the mediums have enough adjustment on them to make a good fit at my size??

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
If you are a 30" waist you should be looking at the smalls. If you were 32" or 34" I would say either or... but stick with the smalls.

kidiak

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Thanks, I think I just wanted a straight answer from someone who knew\had experience.

Now to figure out how to order without giving myself away. :sweatdrop:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
I fall between a medium and a large because of my hips and arse. The mediums always fit, however larges gives me that bit of extra room to better shape the diaper to my form, when placing the tape (if that makes sense.)
That must be a pretty common thing for girls.

LuvsGurl is the same way...

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
if you are only a 30... I'd stick with smalls
Yes take it from Darkfinn and me, do not listen to these medium people. I am also a 30 inch waist. In fact I am more of a 30 around the hips and a 29 around the actual waist. I use small abena form xpluses right now and they fit almost perfect. So you will defiantly want to stick with a small, if their small measures at least to 31. I had medium molicares and I the front of the diaper wrapped around me so much it they almost touched together in the middle of my lower back haha. So it was really hard to get those on tight enough to prevent it from being loose which causes leaks.

dangermouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Worth stressing that the capacity is usually less with the smaller sizes. Sometimes quite a lot less. Though there's no point buying a XL just for capacity if you're a S or M size body as it really won't fit! :D

30" waist and 138lbs... probably better with small. I'm a clothing size of 32" but more about 34" waist and 154lbs and I find both small and medium fit fine, but go for the medium for the extra capacity and the bulk. With clothes though I often have to go smaller than my size as they seem to make clothes for your size 10 times bigger than the size you are (or maybe I'm just a weird shape).

Status
Not open for further replies.