• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hiya everybody

BubberDucky

Ut Vivant Alii
Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
My names Bubba Bear. Yep , really. I'm 42 but going to be 43 in March. I have Spastic CP and I'm Autistic and what doctors call an intellectual disability I guess people just make up new words to make themselves feel better like changing words helps.

I'm a volunteer fireman but I don't have a company right now because I don't have a home.

I've always had diapers and know not everybody does but that's me and that's OK because I'm OK just being me and I never knew any different anyway.

People still make fun of me sometimes even grownups and I never knew why I'm just me.

I like to watch cartoons on my tablet but I need help to make it work because the buttons are small and I use speech to text to type things out and use PECS when I can't get my thoughts out

I like paw patrol but only Marshall I think chase might be sad because he didn't pass the fire academy sorry that's a fireman joke
I've always loved chew chew trains ever since my daddy used to take me to work with him but he died and went to heaven a few years ago. I like Thomas chew chew I think he lives somewhere in Pennsylvania I saw it on line one time

I have to wear braces on my legs yes like forest Gump but not metal they're plastic my old fire chief had a pair of shoes made because my braces make my feet bigger than they really are they had my nickname bubby on them and Marshall but they got broken when the velcro got wore off I think miss holly my helper maybe pulled them to tight or something

I'm happy to be here and maybe I can make some friends because I don't have any except lots of doctors and stuff but no friends it makes me more happy to know there's people out in the world like me cause it makes me happy that grownups and people might still laugh at me even though I'm bigger now and yeah I might have special needs but it doesn't make me a bad boy and I got to remember I might feel alone but I'm really not really alone if I think really hard

I think it's gonna be really nice to meet new people and learn new stuff and maybe even make friends I'm happy to be here bye bye for now everybody your friend bubby

Attachments

• received_2301257186865339.jpeg
    received_2301257186865339.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Magicalgirl101 and Kittyinpink
BubberDucky said:
My names Bubba Bear. Yep , really. I'm 42 but going to be 43 in March. I have Spastic CP and I'm Autistic and what doctors call an intellectual disability I guess people just make up new words to make themselves feel better like changing words helps.

I'm a volunteer fireman but I don't have a company right now because I don't have a home.

I've always had diapers and know not everybody does but that's me and that's OK because I'm OK just being me and I never knew any different anyway.

People still make fun of me sometimes even grownups and I never knew why I'm just me.

I like to watch cartoons on my tablet but I need help to make it work because the buttons are small and I use speech to text to type things out and use PECS when I can't get my thoughts out

I like paw patrol but only Marshall I think chase might be sad because he didn't pass the fire academy sorry that's a fireman joke
I've always loved chew chew trains ever since my daddy used to take me to work with him but he died and went to heaven a few years ago. I like Thomas chew chew I think he lives somewhere in Pennsylvania I saw it on line one time

I have to wear braces on my legs yes like forest Gump but not metal they're plastic my old fire chief had a pair of shoes made because my braces make my feet bigger than they really are they had my nickname bubby on them and Marshall but they got broken when the velcro got wore off I think miss holly my helper maybe pulled them to tight or something

I'm happy to be here and maybe I can make some friends because I don't have any except lots of doctors and stuff but no friends it makes me more happy to know there's people out in the world like me cause it makes me happy that grownups and people might still laugh at me even though I'm bigger now and yeah I might have special needs but it doesn't make me a bad boy and I got to remember I might feel alone but I'm really not really alone if I think really hard

I think it's gonna be really nice to meet new people and learn new stuff and maybe even make friends I'm happy to be here bye bye for now everybody your friend bubby
Hello and welcome here, I thought your intro was brilliant, hope you have loads of fun here with us 😁👍🏻

Reactions: sbmccue, BubberDucky and Kittyinpink
Hello and welcome!

Reactions: Kittyinpink
BubberDucky said:

Hello and WELCOME Bubba Bear ! 🐻
Lovely introduction! 😊
You sound fun !
I am sure you will enjoy the site and make friends 😊 🙂

Reactions: BubberDucky and warmfeeling
BubberDucky said:

Welcome bubba! I also have Autism, im in the same boat with socializing . Feel free to message me if you need to vent.

Reactions: warmfeeling and Kittyinpink
RetroGirl15 said:
Welcome bubba! I also have Autism, im in the same boat with socializing . Feel free to message me if you need to vent.
😊

BubberDucky said:

Good Afternoon and Welcome!
I myself have Cerebral Palsy and Autism!
I am 64.
I will be 65 next month.
I am into cartoons too.
I am in Derry, New Hampshire.
Anyway, despite being verbal, I write better than I can speak.
I am into LEGO, toy cars and trucks, baby toys, and plushies.
My biggest plushie is a 48" teddy bear, "TINKLE".
I too wear leg braces (AFO's).
Indoors I use my manual wheelchair.
Outdoors I use my forearm crutches or mmy rollator walker frames.

Reactions: BubberDucky, Kittyinpink and warmfeeling
caitianx said:
I am 64.
I will be 65 next month.
I am into cartoons too.

😍😊😊

warmfeeling said:
Hello and welcome here, I thought your intro was brilliant, hope you have loads of fun here with us 😁👍🏻
Thank you 😊

caitianx said:
I am 64.
I will be 65 next month.
I am into cartoons too.
My forearm crutches and chair really screwed up my arms and shoulders I pop all the time now I live between buffalo and niagara falls or I could say about a hour walk from where the river meets the canal my braces screw part that held the feet part on snapped time for new ones I wish I could leave wny and go somewhere better my service coordinator is only talking about group homes for living but I don't trust ny at all New Hampshire I know all about it my birth name was whipple before I was adopted yep that one he's buried in Plymouth I hope you have a happy day stay warm - bubby

Kittyinpink said:
If you wanted a smile no problem 😊 yep I know the tongue thing I can't help it but people think I look cute cause of it i do have one picture where I was able to keep it from happening but I also choked on the drool. The price for trying to look decent for just one picture 😩100057800904_5117.jpg

Attachments

• 42jlPhkcSQEBktIFKQpAvuzkmSe.jpg
    42jlPhkcSQEBktIFKQpAvuzkmSe.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
Kittyinpink said:
Hello and WELCOME Bubba Bear ! 🐻
Lovely introduction! 😊
You sound fun !
I am sure you will enjoy the site and make friends 😊 🙂
I hope so I don't have any friends once people find out about my disabilities they judge and run away I always tell people I'm retarded not stupid then I explain the difference stupid people eat laundry soap on the internet 😂

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Magicalgirl101 said:
I wish I was better at social but my brain and words don't get along I speak like I'm 4 maybe because of the i/dd maybe the cp, maybe it's all that works yay delayed echolalia my staff help me with the internet because I can't read and with the cp I would beat at the tablet and maybe someone would think a kitty just zoomed on it and laugh it off but then I've got jokes too also thanks no thanks to the internet 😂

Reactions: Magicalgirl101
As I have said I myself I have Cerebral Palsy and Autism.
They used to call my version of Autism "Asperger's Syndrome".
With my Mild Cerebral Palsy, my Mom wanted nothing to do with putting me in leg braces in childhood.
That came finally at age 50.
My mobility was crashing...Badly...
Neurologist prescribed AFO leg braces and forearm crutches to keep me on my feet, and only use a wheelchair indoors to get around my house.
With my Autism, I managed to go all the way through college.
Engineering.
Electronics.
But from age 20 to age 41, I bounced from one job to another.
The social demands messed thing up.
Retired officially at age 48 onto SSDI.
As for being an Adult Baby...
I have always been into quiet solitary play with children's toys.
Plushies.
Toy cars and trucks.
LEGO.
NERF toy guns.
Went back to diapers 24/7 at age 29.
Yeah!
I am a 65 year-old "Diapered Little Boy"
DSCF0001.JPG

Back