Highchair and stroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaciL0ver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wondered in which highchair or stroller I could still fit. However, I hope not to have to pay a high price. Maybe I will fit in larger models of modern highchairs and strollers?

I weigh 126 pounds and I am 5 feet and 6 inches tall.

I don't know if it's so much a matter of fit INTO, but to have it support you. They're not made for adults, even smaller ones.

Most strollers have a cut-off weight limit of about 40lbs (that I've noticed) and some are rated up to 60-70lbs. But those are the ones where you're talking $$$.

As for high chairs, the usual weight limit is 50lbs or less.

Not saying you can't TRY it, but don't be disappointed if an off-the-shelf item doesn't work. (Most who have them have made modifications to them so they're sturdier and/or had them custom crafted.)

--

Alternatively you can get into the whole category of special needs items, but they tend to have a clinical look and not a 'baby' look. They want them for function, not appearances. They make larger strollers and 'high chairs', but they don't look babyish.

Aside from collapsing. I would be concerned about the high center 0f gravity in an "off the shelf" high chair. A little ones head will not come much above the back of the seat, you will rise much higher making it very unstable as the base will not be wide enough.

So although you may squeeze into it, I really don't think that it will be either comfortable or safe.

CuddleWoozle said:
I don't know if it's so much a matter of fit INTO, but to have it support you. They're not made for adults, even smaller ones.

Most strollers have a cut-off weight limit of about 40lbs (that I've noticed) and some are rated up to 60-70lbs. But those are the ones where you're talking $$$.

As for high chairs, the usual weight limit is 50lbs or less.

Not saying you can't TRY it, but don't be disappointed if an off-the-shelf item doesn't work. (Most who have them have made modifications to them so they're sturdier and/or had them custom crafted.)

--

Alternatively you can get into the whole category of special needs items, but they tend to have a clinical look and not a 'baby' look. They want them for function, not appearances. They make larger strollers and 'high chairs', but they don't look babyish.

You might be surprised how much weight some strollers can take. I found a regular baby stroller in a thrift store and admittedly sturdiness was on my mind but it wasn't made of titanium or anything. It wasn't easy to squeeze into but it did hold my 165 lbs and it rolled along just fine. I'm sure I put stress on it in terms of its long-term life but it wasn't getting used all that often. I no longer have it but I think as long as a potential buyer looks at them in terms of durability, they could work for the lighter adults among us.

As Trevor has said, you could probably get away with a high grade stroller. I remember frequenting some thrift shops with friends and as a joke, I sat in one of the strollers there. This wasn't even a very high-end brand and yet it held me pretty well, although I was a bit tall for it, it was rather comfy too. I'm 5ft11 nearly 6 ft and I am a lean and toned 182lbs and yet that stroller still held me. You are on the shorter and lighter end, so I think any half-decent stroller could probably handle you well.

As far as highchairs go, I'd be petrified of trying to sit in a baby one. Many of the highchairs I have seen, including newer brands, look awfully flimsy. Even if you could fit into one, which looks doubtful based on some of the models I've seen, they're made for actual babies not adults of any shape or size, I'd be afraid of sitting in one and it busting out of nowhere. There are AB furniture makers who make highchairs, but they cost a pretty penny. You could maybe custom make a highchair, I have a friend who did that, but you need to have half-decent woodworking skills to pull that off.

I'd say hold off on the highchair until you can get a custom made one. If you want a stroller to sit in, browse some thrift stores or browse a local retailer. If it looks sturdy and the material has some give you're probably alright taking a chance on one :)

Admittedly, I'm not much into the idea of being pushed in a stroller or being in a high chair, so I'm not as clued in about what will work even if it's not supposed to. :3

I have the Graco neat seat and I use it all the time.
DSCN5772 - Copy (401x640).jpg
DSCN5776 (444x640).jpg

Have fun this is a great high chaif.

- - - Updated - - -

For a stroller take a look at Maclaren special needs stroller. I have one and it's good fun.
DSCN2588 (634x640).jpg
DSCN2594 (597x640).jpg

For high chairs, there's a brand that's very common in europe at least, I don't know about the rest of the world...it's called STOKKE and their high-chairs are called Tripp Trapp. They are meant to "grow" with the child, so you can easily modify the height of both the seat and the footrest, and they are meant to also support adults (they claim it easily supports up to 85kg/187 pounds). We still have one from when I was a baby and it is quite comfy. Only thing is, they don't have a table attached, since they're meant for children who want to sit at the table with their parents.

This specific one is kind of expensive, but there are lots of similar ones that are cheaper. Go for one made of wood rather than plastic, that's much less likely to collapse on you. I'll include a link to the official website of the chair I have, but that's just to illustrate what I mean :) Also, if you dig a little, you could surely find a second-hand-one.

I'm heavier than you, but I'm about the same height, so if I fit into that chair, you should definitely fit as well. And like I said, they're meant to easily hold an adult, so the center of gravity is also not a problem.
https://www.baby-walz.de/p/stokke-tripp-trapp-treppenhochstuhl-p1024666/?variantId=P1024666_48649227

Just to say: They sell those kind of chairs in the US, too. :3

There's also a tray, but I don't think it'll attach by itself. (There was chatter on the reviews for the chair on Amazon about a 'baby set', so I'm thinking there's some kind of extra apparatus to attach.)

I made my own high chair! :3 It took lots of time, but I fink I´m pretty happy for the result :smile1:
IMG_0212 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0220 (768x1024).jpgIMG_0262 (768x1024).jpgmorninburr 014 (768x1024).jpg

What comes about the stroller.. I bought my "special needs" stroller from local Online marketplace website and seems that it will hold nicely my weight :) It is way bigger than regular baby stroller and made for heavier use as carry adults too :3

I had to vaccuum cleaned it first before I sat on it cuz it was not used for a while and seems like the family´s cat enjoyed to rest on it for time to time! haha! :D

rattaat ja imurointi 002 (1024x768).jpgrattaat ja imurointi 003 (1024x768).jpgrattaat ja imurointi 011 (1024x768).jpgrattaat ja imurointi 029 (1024x768).jpgrattaat ja imurointi 044 (1024x768).jpgDSC01994 (1280x853).jpgDSC01996 (1280x853).jpg

Both of these supports me to feel little and because I´m already diapered 24/7 and I like to wear little AB themed clothes out and about and play with toys and having fun, it goes well along with being myself.. forever a "little" babb *blushes and smiles* :eek: Now I had to go and get another special AB related stuff to our nursery! :3 Baaaai! o/

Hi Rezzu neat stroller but I still like my baby chair it's more babyishto me.

DSCN2603 (464x640).jpg

Rezzu said:
I made my own high chair! :3 It took lots of time, but I fink I´m pretty happy for the result :smile1:
View attachment 30932View attachment 30933View attachment 30934View attachment 30931

What comes about the stroller.. I bought my "special needs" stroller from local Online marketplace website and seems that it will hold nicely my weight :) It is way bigger than regular baby stroller and made for heavier use as carry adults too :3

I had to vaccuum cleaned it first before I sat on it cuz it was not used for a while and seems like the family´s cat enjoyed to rest on it for time to time! haha! :D

View attachment 30935View attachment 30936View attachment 30937View attachment 30938View attachment 30939View attachment 30940View attachment 30941

Both of these supports me to feel little and because I´m already diapered 24/7 and I like to wear little AB themed clothes out and about and play with toys and having fun, it goes well along with being myself.. forever a "little" babb *blushes and smiles* :eek: Now I had to go and get another special AB related stuff to our nursery! :3 Baaaai! o/

Those are some lovely baby things.

I really like the look of that custom highchair, wish I had one. I'll have to scale up to a bigger place before I can have AB furniture and a proper nursery. That stroller looks nice too. There's a medical supply place by me that has a similar model, but the price tag is quite high, also, I doubt I'd have adequate storage room for one at my place.

Someday, I'll have some lovely AB furniture like what you have, I just know it :)

bn3baby said:
Hi Rezzu neat stroller but I still like my baby chair it's more babyishto me.

View attachment 30942

Heh :) Thanks! Yeah.. that looks nice too, but I´m usually just worried about the max.capacity and it effects also for every project what I do :sweatdrop: I know it might be worthless most of the time, but that´s how I am xD

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
Those are some lovely baby things.

I really like the look of that custom highchair, wish I had one. I'll have to scale up to a bigger place before I can have AB furniture and a proper nursery. That stroller looks nice too. There's a medical supply place by me that has a similar model, but the price tag is quite high, also, I doubt I'd have adequate storage room for one at my place.

Someday, I'll have some lovely AB furniture like what you have, I just know it :)

Awwww! That´s really nice to hear positive comments! :3 I have put a lot of effort and time on mah projects :eek: I know that there is many different looking high chairs which could be made, but I ended up on this model :D Our new apartment is not quite big either, but bigger than our previous single studio! :biggrin: Anyways, this high chair is out and openly displayed between the kitchen and livingroom and some non abdl folks have seen it already :D

Special needs strollers are indeed expensive stuff as new like every other things which are made for special needs :p Well, the reasons might be very obvious, because that is the next step between tailor made product and mass product. It is easy to see the power of the mass production when it reflects to the price. Some other reasons might be explained that it will need to handle different quality requirements and tests which are made for those and what materials are used etc.. I dunno exactly, this is just my thoughts :paci:

littlemoosey said:
Where did you find a highchair that big?

I got this at a lawn sale it's one of few high chairs that work for and I have tried many.

- - - Updated - - -

Rezzu I am just short of 200 pounds and it's sung but good fun.

Holly cow Rezzu, just looked at the pictures of your highchair. It is truly awesome!

It sounds like you made it yourself? How long did it take you as it looks very professional.

That is like a wish that I will never see. I love the picture with the computer on it, now that is one gifted baby!

I use a Graco literider stroller myself. I think it works pretty well. It's about 60 or 70 dollars. An added bonus, the straps, at least the waist area, fit if you're skinny enough.

littlemoosey said:
Holly cow Rezzu, just looked at the pictures of your highchair. It is truly awesome!

It sounds like you made it yourself? How long did it take you as it looks very professional.

That is like a wish that I will never see. I love the picture with the computer on it, now that is one gifted baby!

*giggles and blushes* Well, thank you! :D Yeah, I made it by myselwf! I dunno if I dare to tell how much time it took, but yeah.. prob. around few years is right, because I made that in the woodworkies course which where held at primary school´s woodworkies class and only 2 hours per week in the evening and among 12 adult hobbyists who did their own woodworking projects. Of course I was always padded up properly because I need to :eek: Otherwise mah pants would be ruined :p
And who can say that building up something like this couldn´t be also fun :biggrin:

high chair burr (1).jpg
high chair burr (9).jpghigh chair burr (4).jpghigh chair burr (7).jpghigh chair burr (2).jpghigh chair burr (3).jpg

Well nice job. Looks like allot of attention to detail. I still have to laugh when I seen the picture of you sitting in it with a computer!

My son never used a computer when he was in his highchair! You must have been very advanced for your age!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back