Hiding

Ladycal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone have any tips for wearing around the house and not getting caught. Don't want my flatmates to know about my wearing but I constantly worry about the noise and the waistband showing

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
sometimes boxer briefs or light support pantyhose will quiet things down

Last edited:

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Onesies are helpful to keep waistbands hidden and reduce noise, as they cover it and stay tucked into trousers/skirts but then you have to think about having them out to dry after washing, if that is not possible look into buying leotards or similar bodysuits that don't have snaps in the crotch.

Loose baggier trousers are always good or if you prefer to wear them then long (below knee) length skirts. Tighter clothing tends to create an outline or bulge where the nappy is. Tights or leggings can also be good if worn under other trousers or skirts to prevent bulkiness and outlines and reduce noise.

Long tops that come well below the waistline will help cover anything.

Clothing made with noisier fabrics (think like tracksuits) can help cover noise if anyone does notice a crinkle or rustle they'll just think it's the clothes.

Wear clothing that draws the eyes upwards, brighter colours, patterns etc. on a top will help keep peoples eyes higher than your waist, conversely very plain trousers with no bright colours or patterning above the knee to draw attention away from that area.

And finally (and probably least helpful) is Confidence. Just make sure you move around with confidence and don't think about your nappy and how much noise it's making or how big it is. If you are creeping around or trying to move in a way that hides your padded rump then people will notice more and wonder why even if they don't notice any nappy, it will draw attention to you.

Last edited:

Ladycal

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Belarin said:
Onesies are helpful to keep waistbands hidden and reduce noise, as they cover it and stay tucked into trousers/skirts but then you have to think about having them out to dry after washing, if that is not possible look into buying leotards or similar bodysuits that don't have snaps in the crotch.

Loose baggier trousers are always good or if you prefer to wear them then long (below knee) length skirts. Tighter clothing tends to create an outline or bulge where the nappy is. Tights or leggings can also be good if worn under other trousers or skirts to prevent bulkiness and outlines and reduce noise.

Long tops that come well below the waistline will help cover anything.

Clothing made with noisier fabrics (think like tracksuits) can help cover noise if anyone does notice a crinkle or rustle they'll just think it's the clothes.

Wear clothing that draws the eyes upwards, brighter colours, patterns etc. on a top will help keep peoples eyes higher than your waist, conversely very plain trousers with no bright colours or patterning above the knee to draw attention away from that area.

And finally (and probably least helpful) is Confidence. Just make sure you move around with confidence and don't think about your nappy and how much noise it's making or how big it is. If you are creeping around or trying to move in a way that hides your padded rump then people will notice more and wonder why even if they don't notice any nappy, it will draw attention to you.
Thanks so much I'll try some of these out

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Ladycal said:
Does anyone have any tips for wearing around the house and not getting caught. Don't want my flatmates to know about my wearing but I constantly worry about the noise and the waistband showing
The main thing is that I make sure everything is tucked in well. Cloth-backed disposable diapers and real cloth diapers also tend to not make as much noise if you are trying to avoid anyone from hearing you.

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
todderhr said:
sometimes boxer briefs or light support pantyhose will quiet things down
This is what I do. I’ve pretty much given up caring what anyone else may think, but I still try to be as discreet as practical at work. I find it best to get boxer briefs a size larger than you normally would, that works the best, also is amazing at preventing chafing. Baggy, or at least not form fitting, clothes are also going to be your best bet.

The main thing is to wear with confidence. If you don’t act different or give off an anxious vibe, I can almost guarantee you can get away unnoticed. I’ve worn in a living room full of my extended family, with no one the wiser.

Reactions: todderhr

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Turfy said:
This is what I do. I’ve pretty much given up caring what anyone else may think, but I still try to be as discreet as practical at work. I find it best to get boxer briefs a size larger than you normally would, that works the best, also is amazing at preventing chafing. Baggy, or at least not form fitting, clothes are also going to be your best bet.

The main thing is to wear with confidence. If you don’t act different or give off an anxious vibe, I can almost guarantee you can get away unnoticed. I’ve worn in a living room full of my extended family, with no one the wiser.
Sounds like me on Christmas Day , even had some on pass comment on who’s that back pack was but not ask what’s in there (2 Tena , change of clothes and plastic bags )

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Until a few weeks ago I had only ever worn at home on my own, but during a weekend in nappies at the beginning of the month around lunchtime on the Saturday I had an unexpected call from a friend to say they were just a couple of minutes away and would pop in for a cup of tea.

I was wearing a Tena Maxi Active under boxer briefs and jeans and had wet myself slightly just moments earlier. There was no time to change so I checked and thought ‘it doesn’t really show’ so acted completely normally and confidently and after a couple of minutes I had completely forgotten I was wet and the visit went perfectly.

I’m sure a very wet nappy would definitely show, but I’m pretty sure I can get away with being slightly wet in jeans and t-shirt.