Hiding awkward files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Guessing you know how to clear your index.dat files then?

If not, nothing is trully hidden or secure.
You know fine you can just delete it when windows isn't in use. But when it IS in use, you usually visit SO many websites that one tiny AB website will just be pushed down into the depths of the ocean within just a few hours!

Role
Diaper Lover
If anyone wants another good way of hiding files I use a truecrypt hidden volume, basically it sits on a hard drive in free space and it's only visible after using the correct password (choose a good one). If you do it all properly no one is getting at your files.

More info:
I would've posted the link but it won't let me. I guess I'll edit this post in a bit, google truecrypt.

Craig

Est. Contributor
Well, I did know how to on xp but it doesnt seem to work on vista the same but that doesnt really matter because my brothers arent very good on computers anyway so its not like as if they are going to find them :p

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Well, I did know how to on xp but it doesnt seem to work on vista the same but that doesnt really matter because my brothers arent very good on computers anyway so its not like as if they are going to find them :p
You'll regret it if you don't hide them thoroughly, that's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.