Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyben

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I'm blind and in a wheelchair. My interests include: listening to audio books and classic country music, surfing the web, and talking on the phone. I am majoring in Theatre Performance at collige. I want to be a voice actor. I just found out I was an ab a couple weeks ago. I'm looking for support, and advice, cause I'm not really sure What To do now.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm blind and in a wheelchair. My interests include: listening to audio books and classic country music, surfing the web, and talking on the phone. I am majoring in Theatre Performance at collige. I want to be a voice actor. I just found out I was an ab a couple weeks ago. I'm looking for support, and advice, cause I'm not really sure What To do now.
Very impressive that despite being blind, you surf the web, attend college, and are going to be a voice actor!

What would you like advice about?

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
How can you surf the web, considering you're blind? o_O
Well there is little bumps called brail (if I spelled that right) that help him type. Except I am stumped on how he reads the screen, so maybe you could answer that for us Ben?

Anyways welcome to our community! I hope that you enjoy it here!

Please feel free to post around whenever you'd like and to ask any qeustions, advice, or support that you might need.

babyben

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I don't know anyone I can trust enough to roleplay with or eventell my secrit to. In a way, this is more stressful than before I found out about this part of myself. What's the point of learning something like this if you can't do anything about it. What am i supposed to do!!

Y

Yumi

They have a program called text to speech, and it can read stuff out loud! =] Welcome to the forums~

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Text to speech isn't that great IMO...But maybe he has a better version

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't know anyone I can trust enough to roleplay with or eventell my secrit to. In a way, this is more stressful than before I found out about this part of myself. What's the point of learning something like this if you can't do anything about it. What am i supposed to do!!
This is a very hard qeustion to answer that you asked. I defiantly do not have a good answer for you and I doubt anyone else here does have a good answer for this. I can not even imagine being an infantilist and not being able to get out of my wheelchair. To what degree are you paralyzed? Just wondering.
Anyways I do even though I can not imagine what this would be like I imagine it would be VERY frustrating. The best advice I can give you for this is to count your blessings. I assume since your typing your not fully paralyzed, so be thankful for that. Also be thankful you are in the technology age of history to make life easier for you. If it was not for technology things would be 100 times worse for you. I am sure over time when you find the right person you will adapt to the situation and find ways to get around obstacles. Thats what humans are made to do is to adapt to their enviorment. If you can communicate on here paralyzed and blind, then you can pretty much do anything if you just put yor mind to it.

the program I'm using to read the screen is called Jaws.
Interesting I will have to look that up later. This is a perfect example of how technology has come to help you so that life is easier for you. You should be thankful for that you don't have to have. Count your blessings Ben, life is too short. I know I need to do this more and just be thankful for my computer, television, cell phone, and so many other things I can not imagine living without. If I was born in the first half of the twentieth century or earlier I don't know what I would do. I imagine be bored pretty often.

Good luck to you sir! Please feel free to reach out for any help you need here! :)

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
welcome to the site! I know how hard it is to be disabled as i work with many people that are disabled as an aged carer. I hope you enjoy your time on the site and I am thrilled that you are able to manage a lot more than some disabled people that I have known have been able to. I've always been a strong believer in the ideal that I don't mind helping someone so long as they are willing to help themselves. You have achieved this and that for a starting point is wonderful.

My best suggestion for how to handle being an AB would be to be a part of a community such as this one for starters where you can meet other AB's who share a similar interest. Talk about things and let yourself open as much as you feel comfortable with. We are a friendly site here and I hope you make many friends. :D

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
JAWS was what I was actually going to mention! I had a friend with whom I used to write fiction online who was blind, and she used JAWS as well. It worked wonders for her, and it's apparently quite an immensely articulate program.

Welcome to the group, Ben -- I hope that you find your time here pleasant and enjoyable. I look forward to hearing your side in the conversations and debates!

Be well!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Welcome Ben, Impressive. I admire your perseverance.

Hope to keep seeing you around here.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hi Ben!
I will have to get LuvsGurl to talk to you. She works with the deaf and blind a lot. Nice to have you in the group. I hope you enjoy learning more about yourself.

MrE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Hey Ben
Good to see you on here. Great that you managed to find this website. I admire you myself in searching for the things you like and acting on it.

Hope we can all help you out with any questions you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.