• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi All,

I've been lurking on your site for a few weeks, and thought that I should come out of the background and introduce myself. I really enjoy the stories on this site; the writing quality is much better than some of the other *b/dl sites out there. I like to write, and though I haven't written anything diaper related in the last year or so, I've been thinking of trying again. In real life, I'm a graduate student living in NYC. In any case, I guess I'm looking for some good conversation and some well-written stories. My interests outside of diapers are quite broad, and I'm always interested in good literature, movies, and television shows. In any case, I look forward to meeting you guys!

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What kind of things do you like to read. I havn't had much time but I jsut pick up Terry Goodkind's ~Sword of Truth. I've already been throught the books a few times. But seems like everytime I read it something has changed in my life. An I notice small things in the book I missed last time. I find it very helpful :)

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Welcome to ADISC duffy ^_^

I look forward to reading your stories if you choose to write again and post them here. Hope you enjoy it here :smile:

Post #300 *hands out party hats* :D

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Woot, a fellow writer! :D What kind of stuff do you write? I, too, have yet to write anything diaper related, since I constantly have a feeling that everything's already been done in that vein.. Anyway, good luck if you decide to write a diaper story!

For my part, welcome to the site! :3

*Meow!*

Duffy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks all for the welcome!

To Magic--Thanks for being the first to reply!

To Siege--I haven't read any of Terry Goodkind's series. It's fantasy, right? I always enjoy fantasy books (and 60s sci fi), so maybe I'll pick that up next time I'm at the library. Is it the first book in a series or a stand-alone?

I have this thing where I can't help but read multiple books at once, so right now I'm reading Underworld by Don DeLillo, War and Peace (both longer term projects), a biography of Joey Gallo, and The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, a memoir by Bill Bryson. I also just finished Frank Miller's Sin City and the V for Vendetta series.

To Arlikra--Congrats on the 300 posts!

To Bookykitten--I know what you mean about feeling like everything diaper-related has already been done. Every time I think that, though, I end up reading a story that really blows me away... so anyway, I've got a couple of ideas and we'll see what happens with that. I go through phases with my writing; right now I'm really enjoying writing short stories. I'm try to work with O'Henry type plots, which require a surprising amount of planning. I've written some longer stuff too, but with far less success. What do you normally write?

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Hey, Duffy! A fellow writer, awesome. And a reader. I'll have to admit, you sound like you read FAR more than I do. So, what are you a graduate student in? And the obvious, what got you interested in diapers? Are you able to wear much in grad school?

Hope to see you around a lot, and I look forward to reading your stories.

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It has 11 books. The first is Called "Wizard's First Rule"

An then a very small 12th books i guess. Its a short story that take place 3000 years before the others. But I would pick up "Wizar's First Rule" you wont really get the 12th one if you read it first.

Duffy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wow, thanks all for the great welcome! It's great to meet all of you.

To MyWorld--Always nice to see the writers come forward--I'll look for your stuff! I am a grad student in English, which may explain my... umm... excessive reading habits.

Maybe this is way too much TMI, but if so, you can easily skip or skim it...

--Begin long story about my interest in diapers--

To answer your question about what got me interested in diapers, I honestly have to say that I'm not sure. As far as I can tell, I've always been interested in them. When I was very young, after potty training but before preschool, my mother once asked me if I wanted to wear "the last diaper" because she was going to throw them out. I was hesitant, but I asked her to diaper me, and I went to my babysitter's house diapered for the day. I remember it being one of the greatest and most enjoyable days of my childhood, and can still remember the details vividly. I have always wondered if this was the genesis of my diaper desires or if it is just my first memory of diapers. As I grew up, I was always inordinately (but i guess typically for a lot of *b/dls) fixated on diapers, hiding behind the packages in the grocery store and at the babysitter's house, paying special attention to Pampers commercials on television, etc. By the time I became a teenage, it had grown from an interest into something bordering on obsession. It was sexual, but not entirely, and it wasn't just an interest in diapers, but in being small again.

When I was 13, I started to stealing baby diapers from a friend's little brother while I visited their house. He was potty trained within a few months of my first theft, and I started to consider more extreme measures. I had been reading *b/dl stories on the web from the limited selection of sites that existed at the time, and somehow I got it into my head that it would be better if I got caught. I fantasized that I might be punished by my parents like those kids in the stories, simultaneously fulfilling and harmonizing my desires for diapers and normalcy. I resorted to stealing Goodnites from a local grocery store, and after a few months of bingeing and purging, being elated by my access to diapers and being racked with guilt about using them and my method of getting them, I was arrested for shoplifting. I've never had the courage to discuss that day with my parents, even years later, and it may still be the lowest and most embarrassing day of my life (but that, of course, is a story for another time... perhaps I'll write about it if people are interested...)

In any case, long story short, none of the things I'd imagined would happen happened. I was grounded and had to work off the shoplifting fine. I'm fairly certain my parents spoke to a psychologist who was, if not *b/dl aware, then at least very understanding because soon afterwards, without trying to make the two events seem related, my parents began giving me an allowance large enough to buy diapers on my own, which I did.

In any case, I do get to wear quite a bit now, but still not as much as I'd like. When I lived alone, I had many more opportunities to wear, but since actually moving into NYC on my own, I've had to have roommates (well, apartmentmates) to afford to live on my meager salary. Nonetheless, I make sure that I have plenty of time to wear diapers and bring out my *b side at night when I go to bed. I am not open with anyone about my desires; I don't think that most people outside the *b/dl community, even my good friends, would be able to understand the intensity of my fetish or paraphilia or whatever it is that I engage in. (Wow, that sounds kind of bitter, but it's not intended that way--I think I'm fairly happy and well adjusted, all things considered, and relatively successful interpersonally!)

--End long story about interest in diapers--

Anyway! Sorry if that's too much of a digression. Look forward to seeing you around too!

To Siege--Thanks for the book tip! I will definitely check that series out at some point!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks all for the welcome!

To Bookykitten--I know what you mean about feeling like everything diaper-related has already been done. Every time I think that, though, I end up reading a story that really blows me away... so anyway, I've got a couple of ideas and we'll see what happens with that. I go through phases with my writing; right now I'm really enjoying writing short stories. I'm try to work with O'Henry type plots, which require a surprising amount of planning. I've written some longer stuff too, but with far less success. What do you normally write?

Heh, I know what you mean.. Despite there being such a huge amount of diaper stories on the net, there's always someone capable of more than a few surprises. I suppose writing one wouldn't be impossible, I just have yet to receive an inspiration for anything original. Who knows... Plus, while I do occasionally write in English, I have yet to submit anything to an audience of native speakers :sweatdrop: Anyway, if you ever get around to putting your ideas on paper, I'll be interested in reading them.

I gotta admit, until visiting Wikipedia 20 minutes ago I had no idea who O'Henry was. His style, however, sounds very familiar.. Guess it's been used somewhat by others since his time? Do you have any particular subject or setting which you prefer to use?
As for me, I mostly write short stories and poems, usually something with a sci fi, fantasy or horror theme. At the moment I'm working on a Lovecraft-inspired thingy which came to me while laying sleepless in my bed last night..

I'm sorry to hear about the shoplifting incident.. still, it seems like your parents reacted maturelly to the actual gist of your actions, without any major trauma to anyone? Also, it's always good to hear of people who've managed to come to terms with this side of themselves, wether or not they've had to struggle with themselves or their surroundings to reach that stage. Oh, and it's great that you manage to indulge in your *b side despite having to share an appartment :biggrin: Rock on!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you around! Ciao :D
(Oh, and I apologise in advance if my post seems like an invasion into your space, since this is your introduction..)

Duffy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyway, looking forward to seeing you around! Ciao :D
(Oh, and I apologise in advance if my post seems like an invasion into your space, since this is your introduction..)

No, not at all! I'm really glad that so many people have responded and that we've been able to have a conversation on this thread--it's great! (By the way, I'm impressed with your English--my foreign language writing skills are nowhere near as good as yours.) If the Lovecraft-inspired story works out, I'd love to read it.

As for settings and subjects that I prefer, I'm not sure that I have many specific biases, but I do like to write family-centered stories. Besides that, I haven't noticed any real trends! I'll think about it and let you know if I do...

And as for the shoplifting business, I think that I came out of the whole situation pretty ok on the whole... Even though I rarely, if ever, discuss it with other people, it's definitely one of my most important formative experience.

Anyway, look forward to reading you on the board!

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Hiyas Duffy and welcome to Adisc. I do hope you enjoy your stay and you have fun posting/making new friends :) I too enjoy reading the stories here when I have a chance to.

That was a interesting story there. Its sorta like mine in a small way. When I was 4 (around that age) my brother was still being potty trained. One day I wondered how would it feel to try one on so I did. When I did, it was like magic. It was comfy and made me feel giddy and since then, I was wearing my brother's diapers until he grew out of them. He soon grew out of them but every now and then a pack of diapers would come in the house for one reason or another, and I would wear it when I got the chance. Soon they just stopped coming, and I was without them for a few years. Since their were no more diapers in the house, I soon forgot about them until going over my grandma's house and finding diapers there. Apparently my cousin had a child who was still in diapers, and the curiosity came back. I got the courage to take one when no one was looking. As soon as I got home, I put it on in my room. I felt even better than I had remembered, and I was about 11 at that time. I wanted to wear them all the time, but felt odd because I was the only one I knew that was older but still wanted to be younger and wear diapers. I couldn't help but think about it all the time. I was getting allowance, and with that I would buy good nights or diapers whenever I'd actually buy them (usually I would get to the store and end up chickening out because I was too embarrassed). At 15, my mom went snooping through my room and found my stash which included a lot of different baby things. When she asked me about, I felt as if I could have died. I explained to her everything, but she went online and got the wrong idea about it. I was in therapy for a while until the therapist came to the conclusion that their isn't anything wrong with wanting to be or act like a baby. Now she knows, and I think my brothers do too but I'm not sure exactly. I don't show or mention diapers or anything like that in the house. Its really unspoken. Shes just over protective since she found out. Okay I think I'm gonna leave it at that. Now where was I? Oh...

Have a good time on the forum, and have fun reading/posting.

~RubixFox

Last edited:

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Plenty stories to be found here, as well as some playful banter... so I'd say you've struck gold, Duffy :) Look forward to reading some of your own stories if you decide to post one or two.

Hope ya enjoy posting on ADISC!

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.