• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi Robbie from New York Here

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
I've been a member for a while but never posted anything. I'm Robbie and live in New York. I'm an AB and like to be padded up when I can. Diapers make me feel good and secure. I'm married but my wife does not like them and wants me to stop. She never understood and can't grasp that they are a part of who I am and that this type of thing will never go away. I've been through the whole binge purge thing 3-4 time in my life and now I just accept that I'll always need them. There's always diapers in my house but they're hidden so they don't get thrown out...Ha!
Looking forward to connecting with others here and discuss lots of topics and issues.
Best,
R

Reactions: Fairwarning, DLBIG and Subtlerustle

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Im sorry Robbie that is your dynamic at home.

Have you read the book, "YOUR NOT BROKEN" by Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb? It may be helpful in your situation. Additionally, the pod cast, "DREAM A LITTLE" is outstanding.

I hope over time things improve for you.

Reactions: DLBIG and robbiedl

Avjoe75

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hi and know the feeling .

Reactions: robbiedl

KrankyPants

A wee brat who likes his binky, sippy and dips.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
robbiedl said:
Hi all,
I've been a member for a while but never posted anything. I'm Robbie and live in New York. I'm an AB and like to be padded up when I can. Diapers make me feel good and secure. I'm married but my wife does not like them and wants me to stop. She never understood and can't grasp that they are a part of who I am and that this type of thing will never go away. I've been through the whole binge purge thing 3-4 time in my life and now I just accept that I'll always need them. There's always diapers in my house but they're hidden so they don't get thrown out...Ha!
Looking forward to connecting with others here and discuss lots of topics and issues.
Best,
R
Sup, Robbie, I was born in Long Island. 😀🤘

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
robbiedl said:
Hi all,
Best,
R
Welcome Robbie, you are very true, it doesn’t go away, diapers/nappies make me feel great too, just wish everyone felt the same way, hope you have fun here 😁👍🏻

Jason121

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Robbie I'm married and live in New York and have same problem as you wish I can wear diapers freely.

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Jason121 said:
Hi Robbie I'm married and live in New York and have same problem as you wish I can wear diapers freely.
Hi Jason, the past two weekends I wore my diaper openly to my wife. I'm tired of hiding and being suppressed.
robbiedl said:
Hi all,
Best,
R

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
KrankyPants said:
Sup, Robbie, I was born in Long Island. 😀🤘
Hi...Love going to the LI beaches in the summer...Gilgo is my favorite.

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
littlemoosey said:

Have you read the book, "YOUR NOT BROKEN" by Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb? It may be helpful in your situation. Additionally, the pod cast, "DREAM A LITTLE" is outstanding.

Hi thanks for the message. I saw this on Amazon and will order it. I checked out her site as well and I'm thinking of reaching out for a consultation. I'm afraid if I select a therapist that is too "pro diaper" my wife will see through it and turn away more...

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome and enjoy

Turfy

ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Welcome to this. amazing place, robbiedl!!!

I too am really sorry to hear about your situation at home, but I hope you can find a workable situation. I'm glad you have accepted this side of yourself, and realized it isn't something you can just cleave off and walk away from.

You'll certainly find what you are looking for here though, have a wonderful time in our magical world!

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi - Thanks for your note and I'm looking forward to exploring the site. Are there any links you're aware of for therapist referrals? I was thinking about reaching out to someone to talk about my need for diapers. Thanks R

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The problem with many therapists is they don’t know about or do not understand ABDL. So at a minimum you need a kink aware therapist. Anything less than that you are wasting your time and or risking the chance that the therapist by default will just align with your wife.

I know you said your wife would see right through Dr. Rhoda and reject her out of hand. That tells me you really have an up hill battle on your hands.

@sbmcue has a great theory on why some females are set in stone about diapers.

I don’t want to steal his thunder and hopefully he will respond.

In the meantime did you at least order and read Dr Lipscombs book? It will at least be helpful to you.

How long have you been married?

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi and welcome (officially) Robbie. Dr. Rhoda has dealt with many a reluctant spouses. Hopefully she comes around. The book is a great starting point, especially if you read it first and hi light the particular points that resonate with you. My wife made notes in the book for me to read. Regardless, she has to be ready for anything to work.

robbiedl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
littlemoosey said:
The problem with many therapists is they don’t know about or do not understand ABDL. So at a minimum you need a kink aware therapist. Anything less than that you are wasting your time and or risking the chance that the therapist by default will just align with your wife.

I know you said your wife would see right through Dr. Rhoda and reject her out of hand. That tells me you really have an up hill battle on your hands.

@sbmcue has a great theory on why some females are set in stone about diapers.

I don’t want to steal his thunder and hopefully he will respond.

In the meantime did you at least order and read Dr Lipscombs book? It will at least be helpful to you.

How long have you been married?
Hi and thanks for the reply. We've been married for 32 years. I agree its certainly a battle and a very long story....I'll definetly order the book. I saw a therapist around 2005ish and exactly as you said she didn't know about any of this. She said she could help but after several sessions I could see she was clueless and was just taking my money. Hopefully connecting with others and talking about it will help guide me a bit...

Reactions: Subtlerustle

DLBIG

Life is beautiful
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
littlemoosey said:

Great book, and great podcast.

I would also suggest books from Michael and her wife Rosalie Bent. Especially A coffee with Rosie. Great book to be read by our SO.