• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi, new here. How do you handle embarrassment when purchasing diapers ?

Quin97

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi , new here. How did you handle embarrassment when buying your diapers in person. I don’t wear 24/7 , my family is mostly supportive of me. I wet the bed a few times a week and wear pull ups to bed.

Reactions: diaperdude

LinkDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi, welcome to the community, what advice can I suggest if you buy diapers in a supermarket or large store, they usually have self-service boxes where you pay yourself.

I have never been ashamed to buy diapers, most of the time people don't care, their fear may be bigger than it really is. Don't think that you are the only one who buys diapers.

Quin97

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks ! I will keep that in mind .

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I bought diapers for my father when he got prostate cancer, i was not ashamed at all, knowing they are not for me. Nobody cared, i even met a friend in the store, him buying tapes for his knee. He did not even ask.

Two years later my father was dead and i was incontinent. Now i bought for myself, and you know what? Still nobody cared. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvdps2, EcoIncon, TreeLad and 1 other person

Quin97

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Pino said:
I bought diapers for my father when he got prostate cancer, i was not ashamed at all, knowing they are not for me. Nobody cared, i even met a friend in the store, him buying tapes for his knee. He did not even ask.

Two years later my father was dead and i was incontinent. Now i bought for myself, and you know what? Still nobody cared. ;)
I understand, I guess it’s all about putting yourself in that mind frame before you head out.

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Quin97 said:
Hi , new here. How did you handle embarrassment when buying your diapers in person. I don’t wear 24/7 , my family is mostly supportive of me. I wet the bed a few times a week and wear pull ups to bed.
You buy them online...thats how to avoid the embrassment

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperpee8, diaperdude and leafgoalie

PurplePup89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
It passes. It's embarrassing to buy them the first time or two, but after a while, it becomes like second nature and you'll be buying them with no problem.

Reactions: diaperdude

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Quin97 said:
Hi welcome here

Quin97

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
RetroGirl15 said:
You buy them online...thats how to avoid the embrassment
That might not be a viable option everytime.

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been buying from Northshore Care. Great products and they ship FedEx. I pickup my packages at my local Walgreens. Works out very well.

Reactions: RetroGirl15 and diaperdude

NinjaPizza

Needs more pizza.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Buy online, though if you live in an apartment building that can still be a teensy bit sketchy. Most diaper vendors should ship discreetly, but on time they reused a crappy box that had a hole in the side. No one found it but me, thankfully.

I admit that getting diapers from thrift stores is a little annoying. I usually go right when they open, then try to get in and out as quickly as possible. Which probably makes sense, since I'm already purchasing personal items.

Reactions: Diaperpee8 and RetroGirl15

diaperdude

Diapers are my new underwear
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Quin97 said:
Welcome I just recently purchased my first packages of diapers from Walmart. They were men’s overnight. It was early in the morning but no one even noticed or looked at me. I made up my mind to just act like it was nothing. Really no one even looked my way or at me. I did have my super awareness radar on high alert. Good luck and just act like it’s a normal thing. But just in case go to a store not by you. Not sure if I could handle seeing friends with diapers in my cart. 😳

Reactions: Quin97

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Welcome to Adisc.

I buy online these days not to save embarrassment anymore but because the stores don't sell what I want, but it works for that too if you're worried.

Last time I was embarrassed buying in store I was 14 and I used to handle it by picking up other items that are generally meant for the elderly (for example denture glue) and then if anyone asks I was just picking up some shopping for my nan as she's "not as mobile as she used to be". never actually had to use that line though so it quickly became a non issue.

PyjamaBoyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was embarrassed buying diapers until I had kids and realised nobody notices never mind cares. Adult diapers the same. People are too wrapped up in their own lives to care…

Reactions: iluvdps2 and LinkDL

Hemix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Like others said, thou canst become a sneaky buyer and use self-service boxes, like me 😁 Going early in the morning or in dead hours can also help 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: LinkDL

RetroGirl15

Symbol of beauty & purity; Cure Cheri Blossom! 🌸
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Quin97 said:
That might not be a viable option everytime.
It pretty much is. Ex- amazon prime etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quin97

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Being older standard disposable nappies and cloth nappies not embarrassed as people assume for older relatives or sympathetically for myself.
ABDL nappies I am fortunate, or was to go to nappiesrus for them ,also been to ABU uk in past and picked up
All lovely people both places
Also incontinence shop Bolton which NRU is still next to always nice and non judgemental before and obvious AB nappies in a grey bag

Dmane10017

Confused
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Just walk in get what you want put it in your cart and checkout. I have people look at me crazy all the time. I'll have the whole 9ine . Women's cloths, diapers, bedcovers, conditioner . I try too drive 30-45 mins too not go somewhere local most of the time . But I have .