Hi From NY =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Hi all! Figured I would try and intoduce myself here :)

My name is Chris. I live in a small irish neighborhood in the Bronx (about 25min north of NYC). I am 24 and its boring! hehe

I like long walks on the beach... jk!

I'm your average guy.. just like to hang with friends and be goofy to make people laugh :) I play the guitar and you can usually find me driving around in my car (2006 civic SI - fully loaded =P )

For work I am a corporate accountant for a private investment/hedge fund company. Like all jobs it has its good days and bad days. (bad days being long ass hours!!)

Not sure what else to say here so if you want to get to know me more feel free to send me a message :)

Bye for now!!
Chris :)

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Ahhh hello fellow VTEC friend. Honda and Acura all the way for me. I used to own a 1998 Honda Prelude with the 2.2L VTEC DOHC I-4 Engine (H22a) with 195hp and 156lb/torque. They are great cars and very reliable and modifable(A word?). Although I do not have the prelude anymore I have a 2003 Mitsubishi GT 3.0L V6, and hopefully purchasing a different car this summer. Hopefully an 2005-2006 Acura RSX type-s. Same engine as yours but with a couple more hp and torque, and lighter. Anyways..

Welcome to the community! I hope that you enjoy it here!

Please feel free to post when ever you would like and to ask any qeustions, advice, or support you might need.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer

My name is Chris. I live in a small irish neighborhood in the Bronx (about 25min north of NYC). I am 24 and its boring! hehe

Hello there! Welcome (back?) to the site!
Weren't you a member of TBDL before it went into cyber-nirvana? I have hazy memories of you meeting up with mm3?!

Either way, sounds strange that you don't consider The Bronx part of NYC - I always thought it was one of the five boroughs of NYC! :tongueout:

Peachy

Y

Yumi

Welcome to the forums. The bronx is part of NYC. o______o At least, the last time I checked?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
About time, damn!!

Nice inside joke :p. (part of my facebook profile :p harhar)

Hello there! Welcome (back?) to the site!
Weren't you a member of TBDL before it went into cyber-nirvana? I have hazy memories of you meeting up with mm3?!
Your memory serves you well, Peachy ;).

Either way, sounds strange that you don't consider The Bronx part of NYC - I always thought it was one of the five boroughs of NYC! :tongueout:
Indeed it is, but most people think that the Bronx is a whole different thing, so I assume he just didn't want to get into technicals to confuse people ;)

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
sup?!?! My name is Chris too! And I am also from NY! (kinda in westchester by CT) welcome to ADISC.

Have fun on the forums!

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
"Da Bronx" is part of NYC, but i didnt want anyone to think i live in manhatten. (couldnt afford it anyway). Though i consider my neighborhood more Yonkers/Westchester than part of the city. I am only 2 blocks from the Westchester border.

Peachy, i did meet up with MM3 before.. he got to see what 197HP can do in a civic! HeHeHe

Eclipse - yea my last car was a 2002 honda civic EX, this time around i upgraded to the Si ;) I think Hondas and Acuras are really reliable and safe. ( my accident with my first civic proves it)

Me :p - Hi Chris!!! lol. I know exactly where that is. Its only like 20min from me. Not too far from Rye Playland ;) Good ice rink! Hopefully my summer hockey league will have a game or two there. (I am a goalie for a summer westchester league)

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

I'm your average guy.. just like to hang with friends and be goofy to make people laugh :) I play the guitar and you can usually find me driving around in my car (2006 civic SI - fully loaded =P )

For work I am a corporate accountant for a private investment/hedge fund company. Like all jobs it has its good days and bad days. (bad days being long ass hours!!)

Not sure what else to say here so if you want to get to know me more feel free to send me a message :)

Bye for now!!
Chris :)
Welcome to ADISC, Chris. Have fun! :D

I'm from New Jersey; I'm right under you. :p

And I'm sure a corporate accountant would get long hours often! Haha

CiviChriSi

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Sweet! Jersey can be.. well.. fun at times. Just kidding!! I have some friends in Old Bridge.

Yea, so far my longest day was from 8am to like 9pm. SUuuuuuuuuucked! But hey.. the money is pretty good so i cant really complain =P hehehe

F

FullMetal

Old Bridge, lol that is like 15 minutes away from me :]

But yea I do remember you actually and the meet, good times dude, nice to have you back.

FullMetal

Peachy

Banned
Role
Peachy, i did meet up with MM3 before.. he got to see what 197HP can do in a civic! HeHeHe
Do those 197hp double the power of your...horn? Because most people in NYC wired their horn into their ignition - they start the car and simultaneously start honking.

Peachy
*goes looking where Westchester is on the NYC subway map on his wall*

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Sweet! Jersey can be.. well.. fun at times. Just kidding!! I have some friends in Old Bridge.

Yea, so far my longest day was from 8am to like 9pm. SUuuuuuuuuucked! But hey.. the money is pretty good so i cant really complain =P hehehe
Hehe, Old Bridge is about 20 minutes from where I am.

Gotta have the money. :p

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Wanna hear something scary? I memorized the whole LIRR and NYC Subway routes and trains, along with the Nassau County bus routes.

All of them. How? Becuase I have maps of all of those on my wall and I just stare at them when I can't sleep at night. Ha.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Wanna hear something scary? I memorized the whole LIRR and NYC Subway routes and trains, along with the Nassau County bus routes.

All of them. How? Becuase I have maps of all of those on my wall and I just stare at them when I can't sleep at night. Ha.
Lol...the NYC subway system is way too complicated with all the express and local services that suddenly switch over to one another, change patterns in the evening or just randomly go some other way:

YouTube - R160B (N) via West End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TgML_1Ms74

At least someone found a few billion dollars for a halfway decent passenger information system on board the trains. When I visited NYC the last time, the announcement would have been garbled and something along the line of "N79nextwatchaclawsingdaws".

I much prefer London's tube system - it's a lot more straight forward!

Peachy

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Welcome to adisc. Hope you have a good time. Makes sure to check out the wiki ,and blogs; both have links in the top left corner.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Sweet! Welcome Aboard. I'm from CT, though I go to New York a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.