S

sociologygeek

Hey..im a 25 year old guy with some incon problems.. im also a recovering DL

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
sociologygeek, eh?

Let me see what I can remember from A-Level...hmm, what are your views on Durkheim's functionalist paradigm of society? Or him more generally while we're at it? I find his work on suicide quite interesting and he did a lot to legitimise sociology within academia but I can't see I agree with him on much and I don't see the advantage in over-emphasizing quantitative research and a positivist epistemology as he did. Fair enough, he favoured a scientific method, but there is always room for ethnography and analysis in any of the social sciences and you can't get away from the irrationality of human motivation and action entirely. As a general point, I always find conflict models more interesting to study anyway though, so I'm probably a tad biased against him.

Also, welcome!

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
OMG another way to say "bullshit". I always thought those -ologies were jargon-filled hocus-pocus meant only to allow the academics to get more grant money. . .

:D

No, really, i DO believe in them, mostly.

Anyway, welcome to our community. Jump in wherever you feel like, and become one of us.

Last edited:

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
You guys make me feel so... Stupid! Oh well, I'll just stick to math...

Have fun on the forums!

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Recovering?

sociologygeek, eh?

Let me see what I can remember from A-Level...hmm, what are your views on Durkheim's functionalist paradigm of society? Or him more generally while we're at it? I find his work on suicide quite interesting and he did a lot to legitimise sociology within academia but I can't see I agree with him on much and I don't see the advantage in over-emphasizing quantitative research and a positivist epistemology as he did. Fair enough, he favoured a scientific method, but there is always room for ethnography and analysis in any of the social sciences and you can't get away from the irrationality of human motivation and action entirely. As a general point, I always find conflict models more interesting to study anyway though, so I'm probably a tad biased against him.

Also, welcome!
Fascinating, Captain Jaiden. *arches one eyebrow, Spocklike.*

Last edited:

wwetbed

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
hey i never learned anyones functionalist paradigm of society....
regardless, if its really a great theory or hypothesis or helps u avoid parking tickets, germs, or rude selfish ppl, i wish u all the best as a DL living a great life despite any theories "they" might have on "us".
cheers!

~ Will :)

S

sociologygeek

When i say recovering..i mean i dont want to be a DL..but..since developing some incontinence.. i have no choice but to wear diapers..but id rather not

S

sociologygeek

and.. Durkhieim's functionalist paradigm of society.. is interesting..but it doesnt explain everything. Durknheim did some fascinating work with suicide.. and i find his theories of deviance particurlaly interesting.. in short.. he said we need deviants to reinforce moral boundaries.. Now.. this site.. is very intersesting place to do that..since..by defineiton a DL is somewhat deviant.

I want to give up my DL desires.. i realize this probably isnt the best place to do it..

im also here as an incontinent person..and no, before you ask.. i didn't make myself incon..at least..not that i know of.. urologist thinks i may have a neurgenic bladder

And.. before you guys start jacking off to my story.. incontinence isnt fun.. I hate it.. I say that as a DL who used to wish he was incontinent. Its not fun..last night i was worried that my protection wouldnt hold.. you dont know what that is like.. to worry about leaking..when you pee in a diaper on purpose its different.. but when you have leaks that you cant stop and cant control..and must wear a diaper or run to the bathroom every hour..its very hard to deal with.. Up until now..my leaks are mostly minor..but they could get worse

To make a long story short.. those of u who are DL..and still have control..be happy
be very happy..

Also, its not cool for ab/dls to go onto incon chatrooms and ask to be incontinent..or look for ab/dls there.. The incon communinty has a hard enough time dealing with their struggles without us ab/dl cohorts going in there..
Please.. use common courtesy..and stay away from incon support sites unless you have legitimate reason for being there..such as myself..im incontinent.. but not by choice..and it SUCKS!

I'm a member of both the DL community and the incon community.. i need support.. i need understanding.. im trying to get out of both.. i dont know where i can go to find support for the incontience without them knowing im a fetishist..

Anywyay.. long post
Peace out
sociology geek

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
OMG another way to say "bullshit". I always thought those -ologies were jargon-filled hocus-pocus meant only to allow the academics to get more grant money. . .

:D

No, really, i DO believe in them, mostly.

Anyway, welcome to our community. Jump in wherever you feel like, and become one of us.
I have to apologize for my boorish insensitive remarks above. I'm ashamed to say that I'm sort of academic myself, just in other sciences, and should not be putting down someone who studies as hard or harder than I do. Your discipline is less precise by far than mine, so I will try to understand what you are saying without the shading of my own studies.

Anyway, I'm exclusively DL and sort of wondering why right now. I can identifly with that part of your dilemma. I'm sure that talking about it in this community will help you whatever you end up deciding about it. Again, Welcome.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
and.. Durkhieim's functionalist paradigm of society.. is interesting..but it doesnt explain everything. Durknheim did some fascinating work with suicide.. and i find his theories of deviance particurlaly interesting.. in short.. he said we need deviants to reinforce moral boundaries.. Now.. this site.. is very intersesting place to do that..since..by defineiton a DL is somewhat deviant.

I want to give up my DL desires.. i realize this probably isnt the best place to do it..

im also here as an incontinent person..and no, before you ask.. i didn't make myself incon..at least..not that i know of.. urologist thinks i may have a neurgenic bladder

And.. before you guys start jacking off to my story.. incontinence isnt fun.. I hate it.. I say that as a DL who used to wish he was incontinent. Its not fun..last night i was worried that my protection wouldnt hold.. you dont know what that is like.. to worry about leaking..when you pee in a diaper on purpose its different.. but when you have leaks that you cant stop and cant control..and must wear a diaper or run to the bathroom every hour..its very hard to deal with.. Up until now..my leaks are mostly minor..but they could get worse

To make a long story short.. those of u who are DL..and still have control..be happy
be very happy..

Also, its not cool for ab/dls to go onto incon chatrooms and ask to be incontinent..or look for ab/dls there.. The incon communinty has a hard enough time dealing with their struggles without us ab/dl cohorts going in there..
Please.. use common courtesy..and stay away from incon support sites unless you have legitimate reason for being there..such as myself..im incontinent.. but not by choice..and it SUCKS!

I'm a member of both the DL community and the incon community.. i need support.. i need understanding.. im trying to get out of both.. i dont know where i can go to find support for the incontience without them knowing im a fetishist..

Anywyay.. long post
Peace out
sociology geek
This was entirely repworthy:

I have preached muchly (ad nauseum) to the peops who want to know how to undo their potty training how fantasies won't work in rl, whether it be acting as an infant full-time or acting out Grand Theft Auto. I get up to all sorts of sex-games, & other games in my head (many involving x-wing fighters & fictional leather-clad characters,) which I wouldn't consider doing in rl, even given the chance. (Holodecks notwithstanding.) Not only because they would be unworkable or impossible, but because the reality would simply not be fun. Part of a fantasy is obviously the outward experience (sensations like sights, sounds, smells, etc) but one's response to the sensation, how the sensory feelings would make one feel emotionally is equally a fantasy. How one would feel to be incon @rl is different to how one likes to imagine it would feel. Praise the Lord someone can yell this lesson from the rafters, who actually has had the experience!!

But this post is all about Sociologygeek, not rantive (rantic?) padded raccoons on their soapboxes.

Well explained about the "recovering" part, and thank-you for explaining at all. And promptly.

And the bit about not bugging people fetishistically who have a disability which happens to necessitate the fetishist's suit of choice. I discovered there is a market for people who like being restrained (so far so normal) - but in plaster body casts. I can't imagine the majority of people in traction seeing in it any attraction, either. Nor wanting the advice or companionship of people who are turned on (sexually or "platonically," for want of a better word) by their medical devices.

And as to functionalist paradigms, it's a convenient model, but as with models in general, they have simplified structures, and their components have simplified models of behaviour at different scales. Several uniform steel beams will collapse into identical shapes viewed from far enough away, ie if you blur the right details and blur them enough. Societies do exhibit macroscopic behaviour but macroscopic behaviour is composed of sub behaviours and sub-sub behaviours on down to quantum levels; and as the drop of black in the 10 gallons of pure white paint makes a difference, so does the influence of individuals impact the masses. Sociologists should all read the work of
James Gleick (born August 1, 1954) is an author, journalist, and biographer, whose books explore the cultural ramifications of science and technology. Three of them have been Pulitzer Prize and National Book Award finalists,
- especially Chaos: Making a New Science, an international best-seller, about Chaos Theory; he popularized the term "the butterfly effect" btw.

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Well... that is certainly all very deep... and I believe I see where you are coming from. As the person here who is the most into diapers and all their usefullness I will say that you have probably come to the wrong place to try and get over your DL desires... if anything this board will possibly serve to emphasize them more.

Wearing 24/7 myself I can certainly appreciate some of the situations you may find yourself in... good and bad. I will not go so far as to say that I wish to become incontinent... it's more that I am committed to wearing diapers for a very long period of time and am willing to accept whatever consequences might come along.

However... the insight and opinions of truely IC persons are always welcome here, no matter how critical it might be of the AB/DL community. I do wish you the best of luck in dealing with your current medical dilemma and I hope that you can in time learn to use your AB/DLism as a coping mechanism instead of looking down on it quite so much.

C'ya around.

S

sociologygeek

thanks darkfinn..

its not that i look down on being a DL..its just id rather not be one... im hoping to get out of diapers.. but if i don't.. Cest la vive..i do agree having a predispostion to diapers before hand helps..but.. still..incon isn't easy..

Status
Not open for further replies.