• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hey Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr33n5cr33n

Contributor
1) Hello! Who are you?
Hey there ADISC community. After looking at the site from time to time when I was needing advice or wanted a hot take on the latest products, I have now joined, and I'm looking forward to be being part of and contributing to the community here.

This is my first footprint in our larger community. Like I'm sure many folks are, I'm pretty cautious about keeping the ABDL stuff separate and away from the rest of my online life. But as a person otherwise, I'm a pretty open and social guy. But you would never guess this part of my life from hanging out with me. Who knows, may be we have hung out a time or two :smile1:?

I'm the sort of guy who likes breaking the ice at parties and thinks people are individually unique and interesting, so I enjoy meeting someone new and getting to hear what they think about things.

I really value a non-judgmental attitude, hard work, time for resting, and time for creative works and acts.

I'm 5 years out of grad school, and as for my username, I have some experience in media, but I've also done graphic design and copy editing, and I've had the chance to work on a fiction publication or two before they hit the mass-market.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)
Can pan-diaper be a thing? My interest in diapers and related ABDL facets are joined by desire and to some extent need. But they intermingle. So my interests in the community are also a bit intermingled. And I think with both sides from that coin I have a good sense of balance and appreciation for all the different sorts of folks and the things they can like.

I've been able to at least dip my toes into many areas of diaper related interests. While mine can be pretty fluid, it ultimately boils down to having healthy boundaries, doing no harm to others, and keeping fantasy and reality separate.

That's as far as I want get introducing my interests, but I am willing to give a brief and un-tantalizing history for some further insight. Feel free to skip if histories aren't your cup of tea!

When I was a kid I did use to daydream about being treated like a baby and being made to wear diapers during the day. But in real life I did have to wear diapers every night until I stopped wetting the bed when I was 9.

At 12, along with all the regular changes, my desire to wear really amped up. I worked up enough nerve finally to buy Goodnites at 15 and and a package of Attends at 16. I can laugh at it now, but of course I got caught 3 or 4 times over those two years.

A few months after turning 17, I had a summer job in construction moving and hauling site debris. I was run over -- some displaced fractures in my pelvis and some muscle injury. I needed to wear for a time by necessity...not nearly as fun as made out in the stories.

Today I don't have any pain and the old injuries are usually just fine, except when I occasionally have had issues. Twice at work I didn't have protection on or a lower-half change of clothes with me either. But you live and learn.

3) What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)
In my free time I'm a bit all over the map. Lately I've been digging into front end web page design --coding, compatibility, url resolution, etc. I'm also learning to work with QGIS and Google Earth, specifically with data layers and image overlay with old scanned maps and the sort to help identify possible areas of historic interest. I guess that's online archaeology? I've been a volunteer on 3 local archaeology digs for mapping and sifting through great piles of dirt.

I was really into D&D when I was younger, and now instead of playing it, I watch professional voice actors play it every week on Critical Role on Twitch or ProjectAlpha. Any other critters in the house?

My Audible subscription is one of my favorite ways to slow down a notch. Right now I'm making my way through "The Diaries of Julius Caesar." But I'm no elitist, I'm just as likely to be listening to a Star Wars novel or something on a bestseller list.

I'm a big fan of arts: from museums to movies. I'm part of a group right now where we meet once a month and are making our way through classic horror movies from the silent age to the 1960's. I'm looking forward to the Italian horror from the 60's. So cheesy and well, Italian.

I also really enjoy sane fitness training. I'm a big fan of body weight exercise, and I like off trail hiking and lite boulder climbing. I have more interests, but that's what I've been doing lately.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?
I'm a social guy. I really like being part of groups where I can connect with like-minded people, learn things, share ideas, and possibly find a way to contribute or create benefit for others.

I've done things like that for many other interests in my life except with this one. And I think that's a big shame. I see people post on here from time to time who are really struggling. And I know first hand what it's like to make your way through this lifestyle with zero support, the guilt and fear and loneliness, the buying and purge cycles, and finally creating or finding some self-acceptance and peace.

I know all of us who find self-acceptance have to pay the "iron price" for it, and I would like to be able to offer some support and friendship as I am able to others who haven't quite made it there yet.

And it also seems like there are some really decent and sane people on here who share our particular interest but also have a life and real things going on outside of it.

Finally, it would be great from time to time to talk shop on products, brainstorm, and may be write up a well-formatted product review or two!

Please excuse the length of all this. I did edit out quite a bit. Since this is my first online ABDL post anywhere, I wanted to put some time and thought to each of the suggested questions. Thanks for reading!

Hello gr33n5cr33n and welcome to the group.

Very nice use of the introduction template.

Egor

Welcome Gr33n5cr33n, and bidet fellow Critter!

Fantastic intro, look forward to seeing you around!

egor said:
Hello gr33n5cr33n and welcome to the group.

Very nice use of the introduction template.

Egor

Thanks, Egor! I saw the template and thought if I'm going to go in, I might as well go all in for an intro. That's a great looking cat by the way. I'm still deciding what I'll use for my avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

ScottySquish said:
Welcome Gr33n5cr33n, and bidet fellow Critter!

Fantastic intro, look forward to seeing you around!

Beep beep :cool:, ScottySquish and thanks! Yeah, I'm going to try to be on here with some regularity. I'll be around the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
Hello Gr33n5cr33n,
WOW... Vary cool interdiction.
D&D? A couple of us in here have been trying to start a Pathfinder game on Sunday nights. https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/119379-Pathfinder-on-Role20 feel free to PM me if you'd like to set in.
Audio books... Hmmm... Have you checked out The Iron Druid Cronicals yet? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...MAV6BAgJEAs&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov#
Oh. And BTW. Welcome to the group. ��

That Pathfinder game sounds like some good clean fun. I can't commit to a game right now, but I'll keep it in mind if something changes. I have not come across the "Iron Druid Chronicles," and it looks right up my alley. Thank you for recommendation and the friendly welcome ESPF.

Hello gr33n5cr33n, and welcome. What a great into - that's one of the best I've seen for a long time, and I've seen a few!

It sounds like you're a pretty well-rounded person with no shortage of life experience already. All sorts goes on here, just hop into whatever takes your fancy and I'm sure you'll get to know some new people soon enough. This was my first venture into the ABDL world too, back when I was a teen, and it was / is a huge positive to have a group of people you can be more open with and ask rather specific questions if you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back