Here comes Hurricane Ike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matrix Blade

its goin to hit us. my house is boarded up and were ready. hopefully we wont lose power!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oh gosh i can only imagine a week without power >.<

i wish i could say at this point i hope its turns but right now we all know its not going to

weswissa

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
A week without power is like Satan giving you a week long tour of HELL!!!

~Weswissa

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't know how I could survive with one day without power...

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Last real hurricane up here was Gloria, 10 days with out power. We have had a few small ones and ice storms since but not over 3 days outage. I always have several generators and other supplys too.

I'm not the religous type but doin some sort of prayer for Mandy Jonas and the rest of Texas that Ike will pass with out too much trouble.

Nam

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Heard on the weather that Ike was actually slowing a bit and trying to intensify before making landfall, now bordering on Cat. 3. Just what the Texas coast residents didn't need to hear.:frown:

Last time we lost power with a tropical storm was with Isabel in 2003. We were only out from about 2 to 11am. What saved us from a longer outage was that the contract tree trimmers had just finished cutting limbs back away from the wires in our area of the county. Otherwise, I'm sure more overhead electric wire damage would have occured from falling limbs with the high winds we experienced. The wind sounded like waves crashing on a beach outside.

Texas members, soon as you're able please let us know you're OK when this storm has passed.

~Pramrider

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Hey guys, the storm has not yet passed, it is still raining, and we got power back just 2 hrs ago. The power went out 11 PM and stayed out till about 7AM. We had winds of about 60 mph or maybe even 70mph. Everything in my house is okay, but our entire community has trees down EVERYWHERE. I don't think school will resume for quite some time, because more than 2 million people are without power, we are very lucky to have it on so early. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still alive here. :D

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
heyy guys im back wewt the power came backk

so it went out at about 1 or 2 am and we just got it back at 8:30 pm
so uhh thankfully we all made it okay thank God no tornadoes we have a lot of aftermath i went around the neighbourhood today trees up rooted a few ,some fell on houses ,whole fences missing or pieces missing, branches EVERYWHERE .

This was my first hurricane to experience.... it was a long night...

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
oh gosh rawr i actually posted about it in my responsibility thread uhmm ill have pics up somewhere im not sure where to put them but ill post them...

UPDATE: pics are on my page if you want to see them =P

Last edited:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Glad to hear both of you Texans made it through the storm safely. :smile: Hurricanes and tornados are definitely to be taken seriously.

Back in 1985, a hurricane in the Atlantic was threatening to come right up the Chesapeake Bay. It was in late Sept., two weeks before our daughter (first child) was born. We lived in a mobile home up on a slight knoll not far in from the bay, and had just finished buying brand new baby furniture for her. When the warning was issued, we had to leave it all and go stay with friends for fear the wind would blow the home off the blocks, even though tied down. The home would shake from normal storm wind, so we could easily imagine what a hurricane could do! The storm changed directions at the last minute and went up the east coast instead, doing heavy damage at the ocean resorts. It was pretty scary at the time and we weren't about to take any chances.

~Pramrider

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Glad to hear both of you Texans made it through the storm safely. :smile: Hurricanes and tornados are definitely to be taken seriously.

Back in 1985, a hurricane in the Atlantic was threatening to come right up the Chesapeake Bay. It was in late Sept., two weeks before our daughter (first child) was born. We lived in a mobile home up on a slight knoll not far in from the bay, and had just finished buying brand new baby furniture for her. When the warning was issued, we had to leave it all and go stay with friends for fear the wind would blow the home off the blocks, even though tied down. The home would shake from normal storm wind, so we could easily imagine what a hurricane could do! The storm changed directions at the last minute and went up the east coast instead, doing heavy damage at the ocean resorts. It was pretty scary at the time and we weren't about to take any chances.

~Pramrider

Thank you so much Pramrider for your concern as i said last time of you guys want to see pics they are on my profile page...

Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
omg yeah i live in west texas, but my bro goes to the university of houston
we where scared for I while till he decided to come home.
thank the lord

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
wewt good to hear he was safe....

ZOMG i heard the most insane thing so Galveston was under a mandatory evacuation and on the news the emergency weather officials or something like that said that if you decided to stay in Galveston to write your social security number on your arm in a sharpie to make there job easier.. i laughed hysterically at this...

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
I know that Chromos is from Texas, has anyone heard from him or does anyone know how to get in contact with him to find out if he is ok? Please let me know, this is what is called a welfare check, so please if you know how Chromos is, let me & the rest of the forum know ok!!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yes thanks little sis i am worried sick and i dont really know him that well
but rawr this is killing me definitely if anyone knows he's OK please spread the word

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Give him a week or two to answer...He might have got hit worse than you, and has other things to worry about than posting on ADISC

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Give him a week or two to answer...He might have got hit worse than you, and has other things to worry about than posting on ADISC
I find this last bit particularly difficult to believe ;)

I hope he's okay.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Like I said guys, he may not have power. The city may have some parts out of power for up to a month. Give him time...

Status
Not open for further replies.