• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Here comes Hurricane Ike...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Well, it looks like Galveston/Houston is finally going to take one for the team... I really didn't think it was going to hit us, but at this point it looks like it will. My part will be on the dirty side. I'm not evacuating though, its too late to do so anyway. There are 4 million people on the road, so I'm not even attempting that. All I'm going to do is board up my windows and clean out the storage room behind my house that could potentially blow away, and ride out the storm. I have the next days off to prepare for it, so that's cool.

I'll try to get awesome footage of the storm as it passes through here, if my neighbor will let me borrow his camcorder, and post it on here when its all over. Let you non-coastal people see what the power of a hurricane is like. The worst part of hurricanes, are the tornadoes that come with them. I'm a bit concerned about that, but if one does come our way, I happen to have a large bridge beside my house that I can hunker down in, so I think I will be fine. So, if I'm still alive come Sunday morning, I'll tell you how it was and hopeful have some kick ass footage of flying debris, and possibly a tornado if things get bad...

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
wewt ill be riding out the storm as well...we shall board up our house by tomorrow morning

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Oh yeah! I'm in it too. I'm on the southwest side O Houston so I may also get part of the dirty side.TWC said we may get like 70 mph winds here! I'm not boarding up, just chillin'. :D I dont have a camera though... :(

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i love only the Texans have had input

LYKE ZOMG we went to the store today to gets stuff it is so crazy >.<

apparently Fiesta has no one in there like its full but not like a H-E-B or anything its wewt i have my video camera ill try to get video so uhh yeahhh

Protricity

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Hopefully the storm won't be too bad once it reaches the DFW area, but it's really the tornadoes that worry me most. Ah well, once you live in Texas for a while you get used to things like this.

They say if you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a minute. It'll change. Good luck with your preparations, and with riding out the storm.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Yep. I'm watching Frank Billingsley on KPRC Local 2 (channel 12 NBC for Houston) to see whats goin on. Hopefully my house won't blow down, but my school will! :D

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Stay safe down there. Remember no surfing, and no kite flying.:D
are you kidding surfing is the best right now perfect time!!!!

do down to surfside rawrr AMAZING!! i dont surf myself but crazy my brother that I've seen twice on the news when they do the live reports at the beach

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Everyone here down Texas way, please don't take any unnecessary chances with this storm. Stay safe above all!

~Pramrider

Tungsten

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
For the love of god, I hope Archie Bell and the Drells stay safe. At least, take their advice and Tighten Up.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Used to live in Zone B and would have been in an evacuation zip code until a few years ago. Good luck to all who are staying, and watch out for that storm surge!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
rawrrr my house is all boarded up lets hope for the best

our power might be out for awhile if it hitds us so uh buh bye i have to go do stuff =P

to all the other texans stay safe and i wish you luck

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
the water is already over the sea wall in Galveston
for those of you who may bot be aware its a 17 ft. wall along the beach . waves are crashing over it the storm is over a 100 miles away i heard its 900 mile radius too.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You better not get killed, Mandy!
actually i was hoping id die as a techie falling off a catwalk focusing a light
or off a scaffold changing a gel =P

thought you guys probably have no ideas what i just said

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
a gel is the color things you put in front of the light...

but yeah i still wanna die a techie

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yesh in the very old days they were made of colored gelatin in very thin slices placed in front of light

hence the name.....

Status
Not open for further replies.