Help with plastic pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys! Just had a question about plastic pants! I just ordered my first pair, only 9 eur from Saveexpress, in PVC, and I'm wondering how the sizing works? If I wear M diapers do I order plastic pants in M?

Also, how should I care for them? Any suggestions to good plastic pants I can buy (in EU)(?), because I really want a good pair!

I have bought vinyl pants on ebay, they come from China. Haian brand. They are very inexpensive and easy to care for. Takes a couple of weeks to get them because of the distance.

Before you buy, check the sizing, the fit (are they roomy? Are you wearing them over thick cloth diapers?), the leg and waist gathers (usually the wider these are the more comfortable), the plastic thickness (in mm). Pick a size that is between your size or go a size up. What I mean by that is if your waist is 32 inches, you should pick a waist size ranges equally on either side of that, say from 28 to 36, same thing with the leg sizes.

Then buy one at a time until you find a pair that fits right.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I forgot. You usually want to hand wash them or on the gentle cycle and air dry. Eventually though all vinyl pants will deteriorate after 6 months.

I've only ever bought a few pairs, but every one was cut really low and the leg cuffs were too high, so I'd go at least one size up (based on that random, unrepresentative sample).

And I've only ever been satisfied with one pair... but I have no idea what they are or where I got them. D'oh! And they're too small really.

The worst ones have been heavy plastic/rubber which feel really hot, and ones with cloth leg cuffs which . The best ones had the plastic folded over the elastic and heat sealed (to avoid leaks).

Well, I can offer some advice. Good quality plastic pants are the best option. I'd suggest http://www.adultclothdiaper.com/ if you are looking for non ab/dl ones. Or http://www.baby-pants.com/ for ab/dl ones.
With sizing, you'll have to use your waist size, but more important leg size. Once you know this, you'll have to also consider the size of diaper you are wearing, I'd guess you'd add 2-4 inches onto your waist size to account for the diaper bulk; use your intuition or some more measurements.
Which size "S","M" etc depends on the manufacture, most sites have a sizing chart.
As for care, washing in warm soapy water and rinsing them, then air or cloth dry them. Also have more then one, and cycle between a few so that you minimize wear on them. Try to wash them once a day if used.

I get my plastic pants from AdultCloth Diaper co. I think they are part of All Together Enterprises. Amazon.com carries them. Because I sleep in cloth diapers, I like the Leakmaster high tops. I have a 32" waist, but I buy small. I have thinner legs as I'm a bike rider and the small is relatively tight on me, but that means the plastic pants don't leak as much should I soak my diaper.

I hand wash my plastic pants with hand soap when I take my shower and then I put them on a plastic hanger and air dry them.

if your in Canada you can get good ones from http://www.babykins.com/ I have been getting my from them. I use to get them from AdultCloth Diaper co. but there cheeper from babykins for me

for me I have a 38 in waste so I wear a medium cloth diaper for the day and I use a large one when I'm at home Find them more comfortable to sleep in.

Hi.... Hands down.... The VERY best I have owned ( and I have been a plastic pants DL pretty much my entire life) are the ones from BABYKINS.

They also last me, for what seems forever. I always hand wash. I never wrong them out, only shake them out.

They have high backed ones and low risers. The low risers sizes are VERY different from the other BABYKINS sizing charts. As an eg.... If I like a smaller size more snug fit and I was to wear a "medium" in the higher backed ones..... The size I wear in the low risers are EXTRA ... LARGE... Obviously a Huge difference. Recently I changed over to the low risers because that's the only style that I can get the waist and leg bands covered in their extremely soft vinyl.

What I discovered was (aside from my new size being substantially larger) is that it was virtually impossible for my diapers to leak. Talk about being able to wet, and wet and wet... With complete 100% confidence. A life long dream arrived. Naturally, I kept pushing the limits, and they still didn't leak. There is of course a limit. But I'm telling you these are incredible. Even better is night time....before... It didn't matter how much precaution I took to what diaper and how I pinned it or tucked it in here and there...I still ended up with some kind of leakage.

I still buy high waisted... Because there are some days I feel a little naughty and like them showing a little bit when I bend .

It's good and bad news they last so long....I just like buying cute adult baby diapers... When they last FOREVER... It makes it too far and few lol

GentlenessKindness said:
Hi.... Hands down.... The VERY best I have owned ( and I have been a plastic pants DL pretty much my entire life) are the ones from BABYKINS.

They also last me, for what seems forever. I always hand wash. I never wrong them out, only shake them out.

They have high backed ones and low risers. The low risers sizes are VERY different from the other BABYKINS sizing charts. As an eg.... If I like a smaller size more snug fit and I was to wear a "medium" in the higher backed ones..... The size I wear in the low risers are EXTRA ... LARGE... Obviously a Huge difference. Recently I changed over to the low risers because that's the only style that I can get the waist and leg bands covered in their extremely soft vinyl.

What I discovered was (aside from my new size being substantially larger) is that it was virtually impossible for my diapers to leak. Talk about being able to wet, and wet and wet... With complete 100% confidence. A life long dream arrived. Naturally, I kept pushing the limits, and they still didn't leak. There is of course a limit. But I'm telling you these are incredible. Even better is night time....before... It didn't matter how much precaution I took to what diaper and how I pinned it or tucked it in here and there...I still ended up with some kind of leakage.

I still buy high waisted... Because there are some days I feel a little naughty and like them showing a little bit when I bend .

It's good and bad news they last so long....I just like buying cute adult baby diapers... When they last FOREVER... It makes it too far and few lol

I'm not sure I've had a plastic pant that I did not like. But that being said, I have to agree that Babykins plastic pants are great. I like their "Softies" which I find to be the softest, quietest, pant I've worn. Other brands that I thing are excellent are Gary which are marketed under a variety of names by different companies. Also Baby-Pants offers high quality plastic pants for really good prices. I'm especially fond of their "Stars" pant. I will be ordering the baby-Pants PEVA jungle friends print pant as soon as they are available. One of these days, I'm going to try the Edly/Lang pants which are reported to be very high quality.

I just rinse my plastic pants and hang them to dry over the shower head. Also, I never use creams or oils since these products attack the plastisizers in the vinyl causing them plastic to become hard and brittle, dramatically shortening the life. Since I wear only at night, I use these products in the day, if needed.

It is best to get a cloth tape measure nad measure your waist and legs to see if plastic pants will fit. There is usually a sizing chart that has the recommended size ranges. and

R5.jpg
snap on ones are the cutest in my opinion.

Fetware has the best plastic pants I have seen so far. They have many varieties. I've been using them for the past 7 years. Check out their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back