Status
Not open for further replies.

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi
I know this has been brought up before but not for years
I'm looking at getting a new pacifier I already have a nuk 5 but cannot stand the latex.
Can anyone help me find a silicone nuk 5 preferably in the uk
Thanks for any help

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hi
I know this has been brought up before but not for years
I'm looking at getting a new pacifier I already have a nuk 5 but cannot stand the latex.
Can anyone help me find a silicone nuk 5 preferably in the uk
Thanks for any help

http://www.pacifiersrus.com

I've gotten all mine from them. They've got worldwide shipping, and a silicone nuk 5; placed onto a bunch of different guards. Some nipples aren't available on all the different guards.

TEATLINEUP31.jpg

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
http://www.pacifiersrus.com

I've gotten all mine from them. They've got worldwide shipping, and a silicone nuk 5; placed onto a bunch of different guards. Some nipples aren't available on all the different guards.

View attachment 25530

Oh what a shame :O
I really, really hate latex ones, they taste bitter and awful. I might have more sensitive taste than most people, so that's why I have to choose silicone every time, it's essentially tasteless.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Oh what a shame :O
I really, really hate latex ones, they taste bitter and awful. I might have more sensitive taste than most people, so that's why I have to choose silicone every time, it's essentially tasteless.

I'm confused. What's such a shame? If you've got sensitive taste and don't like latex ones, shouldn't you be happy that there are silicone ones available?

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I'm confused. What's such a shame? If you've got sensitive taste and don't like latex ones, shouldn't you be happy that there are silicone ones available?

Ah, I was referring to how they are not available on every different guard.
It has been kinda hard for me to find a good one that fits 100% and I'm not yet ready to buy the most expensive ones.

I just bought a nice enough one from Ebay, though :3 got a cute note and a sticker with it haha <3

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
It has been kinda hard for me to find a good one that fits 100% and I'm not yet ready to buy the most expensive ones.

I just bought a nice enough one from Ebay, though :3 got a cute note and a sticker with it haha <3
Was it eBay uk
As I can't find any silicone ones on there

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Was it eBay uk
As I can't find any silicone ones on there

I found them on Ebay.com and bought from a user mslorainex
What I like the least about these pacifiers is that they cannot be boiled to disinfect them, but.. I can't really complain :) They work, too and I am glad I got the one I did <3
I would absolutely LOVE a NUK7 with MAM guard though. They are hard to come by, though..

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

Understandable. I'm partial to the nuk guard with the loop. It's what I've always had. You can't get the silicone ones on those. When they first came out with the silicone ones, I got one on one of the guards that they'd put it on. I can't remember what style or brand it was; but it was really nice.

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I just gotta hope someone very good at pacifiers finds a way to make silicone NUK6-7 nips with MAM guards >_<!

I don't use pacifiers very often so when I do, it's gotta be special and comfy <3

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I haven't used mine much lately either. I used to use my thumb all the time, and tried to make myself stop. Then I used pacifiers a bunch too. But now I think I've finally moved past using them. Some will see that as a bad thing, but I see it as a positive. I can choose now to use it or not.

I sucked my thumb until a few years ago, and was desperately trying to make myself stop. It was hard to go on sleepovers / trip in school. Even tho I was able to control myself where I didn't suck my thumb in front of my friends, when I went to sleep...I couldn't stop myself from doing it...a few of my friends would always tease me about it. I'd always have to explain that I didn't know and couldn't control what I was doing in my sleep.

TyphaHare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Huh..! Pacifiers seem to be good for controlling compulsive behaviour, strangely enough :O
I tend to chew my lips constantly, so a pacifier helps me stop it..!

Status
Not open for further replies.