Help!! Quality diaper option for a 100lb person with a 25" waist???

DaddysPrincette

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm new to wearing and using diapers. I used to wear my rearz training pants. It seams to be impossible to find the right diaper for me. I'm 20y/o and weight fluctuates between 96-110 lbs with an average waist of 25 inches. I have only tried Little For Bigs vintage style 4 tape (stiff and felt like a flood between my legs), Abeni Abri form M4(amazing absorbancy!...but fit weirdly and was huge) ABU Small cloth backed preschool (too small?), and the CVS brand brief(good but doesn't hold enough). Please please please. Does anyone have suggestions on brands that have a decent capacity and a price that won't make me gasp? (The gasp is negotiable if the diaper is a true fit) Thank you!!

LilxFawn

💖🧸🍼Daddy’s precious little prince🍼🧸💖
Moderated
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
Try Northshore, they have ABDL and medical diapers at great prices and they have a lot of size ranges. They’ll also send you samples of whatever you need and they don’t skimp out either! I’d chat with a support person to get the exact diaper you need, it might help tbh. But yeah definitely try there. Also, Rearz (you can buy them from amazon) seem to run small, I supposedly can wear a size medium but they don’t fit me worth jack.
Link:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Abeni Abri form M4(amazing absorbancy!...but fit weirdly and was huge)
The Abri-Form sizes are a bit larger than average. Since the small ABU was too small, and the medium Abena too big... I reckon the small Abenas should be the perfect size. And (hopefully) the fit won't feel so weird in the right size...?

Or if you're looking for small-ish mediums, maybe try DryLife or iD Slip?

Last edited:

MandyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Carer, Other
I'm 20y/o and weight fluctuates between 96-110 lbs with an average waist of 25 inches.
Abeni Abri form M4 (amazing absorbancy!...but fit weirdly and was huge)
Little For Bigs vintage style 4 tape (stiff and felt like a flood between my legs)
ABU Small cloth backed preschool (too small?)
Hi there!
Going by your weight & 25" waist I'm gonna guess your hips are 34-36" ?
When buying diapers some size charts will say by "waist", "hip", or both.
Always! go by the bigger of those two measurements, which for us is usually our hips.
So you would be looking for something with a size measurement that your hips fall in between.
Sorry to say that for most (AB & non-AB) diapers you are probably better off in the Med size. : /

I have 38-39" hips, the plastic backed Abena M4s are my everyday (nighttime) diaper.
Yes they are thick, yes they seemed huge! to me too at first, but you get used to them, lol
The rise hits right about my belly button, so its more about the hips then waist.
I think they run true to size, maybe even a tad small as the tapes hit farther outward then I expected.

Seeing as you've tried both cloth and plastic backed, are you starting to get a preference either way?

What do you mean by the M4s fit weirdly? By huge do you mean thick, or the rise is too tall on you?
Were these the plastic or cloth backed versions?

What did you mean by the little for big diapers "felt like a flood between your legs"?
Did you not like how they spread the wetness?

Abeni Abri-Form: S2 & S4 fit 23-33" M1-4 28-44" L1-4 36-60.
I believe only the M4 & L4 are available as plastic & cloth backed, the rest are all cloth backed.
I think the Smalls might be too small for you, the Med are probably your best bet.

NorthShore products: Sm 22-32" Med 28-44"
MegaMax = plastic backed only (tall/thick) (white & blue)
Supreme & Supreme Lites are available in cloth (air) or plastic (white, purple, green, blue)

I've tried the MegaMax, Supreme & Supreme Lites (all plastic backed) in Med
If you think the M4 is huge, the MegaMax is REALLY huge! Its tall and thick.
The Med MegaMax fits me about the same as an Abena L4 does. Both hit my upper waist/lower chest/ribs.

The Supremes are about the same as the M4 in size, rise, thickness, absorbancy.
The Supreme-Lites are the same size/rise but thinner/hold less.

I really do like the NorthShore lines, especially the colors! But I prefer the M4s over the Supremes.

*The M4s are also cheaper overall on Amazon
A case of 42 M4s @ $50 (1.19ea) vs. 60 Supremes @ $95 (1.58ea)
126 M4s = $150 vs. 120 Supremes = $190. That $40 or so extra adds up over time.

Little For Big Med 32-40″ seems to be the best (and only size) for you

ABU preschool cloth/plastic backed. Size Sm 21-29" Med 30-36" Lrg 37-42"
Agreed, the small is definitely too small even for you.
The Med should work nicely, even if you are on the upper edge of the measurements.

Last edited:

DaddysPrincette

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Thank you for this detailed reply! It's really helpful. My hips are actually 30-32 inches, I don't have the fullest figure.

The M4's were incredibly tall but the height felt asymmetrical and in an uncomfortable way. I tried adjusting where they sat but could never find the right place. I love the thickness, that's never a problem.

Yes, the Little for Big's distribution of liquid was slow and concentrated. I felt the m4's wicking and absorbency to be perfect. I felt secure with their performance.

I've found I prefer cloth backed, but don't mind a soft plastic backing. I am getting samples for NorthShore in the mail. The Megamax, airsupreme, and air premium.

I'm excited for the Mega Max thickness as well. Why do you prefer M4's over the supremes?

Thanks for all the information and suggestions!

Chocobo114

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I'm in a situation where the mediums can run a bit big also with waist measurements like your hips. Confidry 24/7 small, crinklz/betterdry medium, northshore supreme medium, megamax small (medium has a huge rise but fits, good nighttime diaper). Rearz medium fit smaller than ABU medium. Tykables products also run smaller on mediums. These are diapers that fit me because they aren't your usual small or medium size. Hope this helps!

MandyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Carer, Other
Thank you for this detailed reply! It's really helpful. My hips are actually 30-32 inches, I don't have the fullest figure.

The M4's were incredibly tall but the height felt asymmetrical and in an uncomfortable way.
I tried adjusting where they sat but could never find the right place. I love the thickness, that's never a problem.
No problem, you are welcome. :)
So you're somewhere between a Size XS/0 & XXS/00. You're a petite lil thing aren't you.
You sound like a perfect size 10/12 in Girls clothes, which being a little is always nice.
IDK about you, but I'm in the Girls section all the time & love finding cute things in there.

Yes, the center section and the wings on the M4s don't really sorta line up how you would expect them to.
To get the front and back of the diaper even I've found the front wings need to be placed slightly lower and go up and over your upper thighs.
The bottom tapes (would seem) to hit lower then expected, but once all four are done they fit great & are snug in all the right places.
The overall fit, placement & snugness has never felt too tight on my thighs, but also never caused me to have a leak.

You just so happen to be right between the bigger range of Sm & on and lower range of Med.
Abeni Abri-Form:
S2 & S4 fit 23-33" cloth backed would probably fit you best.
M4s 28-44" plastic backed might be a lil big for you and why they seem to fit funny, lol.
I tried the L4s (fit 36-60") and they are bigger and very tall on me, so I have an idea of how the M4s prob fit on you.

NorthShore products:
Sm 22-32" plastic & cloth backed options would probably fit you best as well.
Med 28-44" plastic backed might be a lil big for you like the M4s are.

Why do I prefer M4's over the Supremes?
After using M4s for a bit I ordered samples from NorthShore, MegaMax, Supreme Lites (for the colors) & Supremes. All Med.
MegaMax's rise was too tall for me and thicker then the M4. Basically there is no hiding you're wearing a MegaMax, lol.
Supreme Lites are cute (love the purple!!). Being thinner then weren't really suited for nighttime wetting.
They are a nice daytime diaper though, hold a fair amount & are pretty easily hidden under our Big Girl clothes, lol.

Supreme, I like the mostly all white design over the M4's racing stripes, lol. And they come in the Lites colors too now!!
Overall, I'd say the Supreme & M4 are pretty close in rise, thickness, fit & feel. I think I like the M4s plastic over the Supremes.
The M4s were my first (non drugstore brand/cheap) Big Girl diaper, lol, and they do their job great. I love them.
TBH the M4s being less expensive is a huge plus when you have a need to wear them.
If Supremes were the same price I'd totally consider having both, or switching, esp for the colors.

Last edited:

thefurealfriends2

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I was your size at 20 now 35 around 135lb. Medium diaper. There the best and have more coverage. North shore.....the way to go

Piefox

Padded & Proud.
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little, Incontinent
My go-to has been betterdry/crinklz that can be gotten from Northshore. I weigh about 145 lbs with a 32 inch waist but they have been my choice for everything. Abena M4's are not bad either but those are more of a backup for me I am not to wild about the quality of them anymore.

ARBBB2

arbbb2 = a-real-big-baby-boy-2
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
HAVE YOU TRIED CLOTH i love them because i can make them thick where and when i want wide otr thin and they really soak up very quickly and comfortably, awesome at night.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
XP medical has some good sizing guides in their diaper reviews, but they don’t carry as many ABDL themed diapers.