What should I get?

• Total voters

DiaperDusk72

Padded Yo-Yo Wielding Bounty Hunter
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Hey everybody, I’ve been doing a bit of sleuthing to find the right diaper cover for me. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with these products or recommendations

I was taking a look at the selection over at rearz and found these :

5AA3C8F4-2868-49F8-AB56-2E17891D22CA.jpegD94C710D-0D93-4EF8-AB76-CA89C748C007.jpeg

I really like the look of the latex cover for more heavy duty leak protection, but really I was more in the market of something to just help snug my disposables to my body a bit more and just soak up tiny leaks I usually get at the top of my waist and and under my buttcheeks near the leak guards when I get pretty up there in wetness. The diaper wraps seem great for this kind of protection/helping everything still feel soft - and I could always pair it with the latex cover for super protection.

The other option I was looking at, and one that’s slightly more convincing just because I can find it on Amazon with free shipping is the omutsu cloth diaper -

40DA12C2-B5A8-4B2A-9D27-9A90CCA0D3F5.jpeg

Looks great and fun for bulk factor, and it has the added benefit of being able to order some inserts in the future and actually just use it as a full blown cloth diaper if I felt like it - but I’m worried that it’d be bulky over a full disposable to the point of absurdity, and that it might be overkill.

For reference my go-to diapers are tykables overnights/waddlers, I’m torn between ordering just the wrap and latex cover on the rearz site and spending an overall of $50 with shipping - or getting just the omutsu for around $30 with my free shipping - or going crazy and getting all three on the rearz site for like $70-80

What do you guys think? I almost never wear out except for drive thru coffee/food - so I don’t really need anything super discreet or subtle I just need comfortable for sleeping and casually lounging around the house.

Thanks!

Reactions: ChozoDragon

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think you’ll discover that the Omutsu over a disposable makes you look like Baby
Huey. I have six of them, so I know what they’re like.

The Rearz wrap is really designed as a wrap rather than a cover. I have four of these, and they’re designed for an insert rather than to cover a disposable.

The latex brief is probably the best bet for your usage case, but it will be hot and tight. Of your three choices, none is ideal.

You might consider a pair of Gary plastic pants, which don’t do much for snugness but will effectively stop leaks.

Reactions: TigerDL and DiaperDusk72

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If I miss read this ,Two of the Three looks like Diapers then diaper covers !

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have the rearz barnyard wrap, but not the latex cover. It's very good.

Interesting enough, they help hide the barnyard smell for a little while.

Last edited:

DiaperDusk72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
sbmccue said:
I think you’ll discover that the Omutsu over a disposable makes you look like Baby
Huey. I have six of them, so I know what they’re like.

The Rearz wrap is really designed as a wrap rather than a cover. I have four of these, and they’re designed for an insert rather than to cover a disposable.

The latex brief is probably the best bet for your usage case, but it will be hot and tight. Of your three choices, none is ideal.

You might consider a pair of Gary plastic pants, which don’t do much for snugness but will effectively stop leaks.
Yeah the omutsu might be overkill with how bulky it is already, I probably should have mentioned in the post I really hate the traditional loose Gary style plastic pants that have elastics around the waist and legs but are kind of loose and puffy, I’m trying to find something that still feels soft on the outside - something like a cloth diaper with a waterproof outer shell, doesn’t have to be a perfect leak repellent just something to kind of completely encase the disposable in case of a few drops by my legs or up by the tapes if I get a little too wet before changing.

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The Rearz wraps and pocket diapers are designed to accommodate a prefold diaper or another type of insert rather than cover a disposable.

For that purpose, you might look for something like one of the diaper covers Rearz offers.

The point I was making is that none of the options you've listed are particularly good.

Reactions: DiaperDusk72

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Rearz and InControl used to market a relatively tight-fitting plastic pant that had a flannel outer covering. I have three of them.

These have been discontinued, but they're still available from other sources in limited sizes. If you'll search 'InControl Diapers Reversible Flannel Waterproof Pant' on Amazon, you should find Large and X-Large. They're not cheap, but they might be the closest thing you'll find to what you're seeking.

Incontrol Diapers Reversible Flannel Waterproof Pant (Large)

DiaperDusk72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
sbmccue said:
Rearz and InControl used to market a relatively tight-fitting plastic pant that had a flannel outer covering. I have three of them.

These have been discontinued, but they're still available from other sources in limited sizes. If you'll search 'InControl Diapers Reversible Flannel Waterproof Pant' on Amazon, you should find Large and X-Large. They're not cheap, but they might be the closest thing you'll find to what you're seeking.

Incontrol Diapers Reversible Flannel Waterproof Pant (Large)
Thank you! I’ll definitely check those out, I have like 20 tabs open for it on my phone lol

Constantlydamp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The best plastic pants in my opinion are Mylesta nylon pants. The are robust, do not tear like pvc and are extremely comfortable. They wash well and are my permanent nappy cover every night over a Tena Ultima and prevent any leaks.

WillFord384

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You might also consider PROTECBriefs. They'd give you leak protection at the two locations you mentioned, better than most diaper covers.

These days, I nearly always have a PROTECBrief on over my diaper and PUL pants, whether at home or away, day or night. I often push diapers pretty hard it's almost impossible to get a leak.

protecbrief-png.69694

Reactions: TigerDL, Jonnythepony, DiaperDusk72 and 1 other person