• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Help. Need Collar Expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
my fiancee wants me to buy her a collar, but i don't know where to begin. do any of you know where i can get her a comfortable collar with a bell on it?

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Well, a local pet store is probably your best place to start. Failing that, I'd say the internet is your best resource. I don't know of any site to buy from off the top of my head, but a Google search could probably solve that for you.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Check out Custom Collars by CollarFactory.com.

I remember seeing it for the first time when it was linked from an adisc thread about collars. In their forum there's an enormous gallery of the collars they produce, the quality seems pretty good from the pics, and they allow you to configure your own collar in every single detail.

Oh, btw, I'm no collar expert at all, although I admit I spent a good half an hour browsing through their galleries... :tongueout:

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I usually just get mine from petco, they got some cute collars with bells there ^^

Role
Private
I usually buy the collar I want that has a D ring, and then attach a clip on bell. Makes it simpler to get what you want.

hinkie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Check out Custom Collars by CollarFactory.com.

I remember seeing it for the first time when it was linked from an adisc thread about collars. In their forum there's an enormous gallery of the collars they produce, the quality seems pretty good from the pics, and they allow you to configure your own collar in every single detail.

Oh, btw, I'm no collar expert at all, although I admit I spent a good half an hour browsing through their galleries... :tongueout:
I gotta second this. I bought mine from them, and I have to say I am very pleased with it.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Yeah, I'd just say the local pet store. They have some nice ones. ^-^ Usually they're a max of 14 inches, but you have to allow for about an inch of breathing room. I don't think they make cat collars bigger than that unless you buy online.

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah, I'd just say the local pet store. They have some nice ones. ^-^ Usually they're a max of 14 inches, but you have to allow for about an inch of breathing room. I don't think they make cat collars bigger than that unless you buy online.
Do girls really have necks that much smaller than guys? I know we have larger necks than women do, but I would have said that most adult women had necks larger than 13 in. I had a 15 in neck when I was 14 or 15 (and 16.5 now in the US, although UK sizing is strange and I'm only a 15.5). Then again, I think my ex wore a cat collar sometimes (I know she wore a collar, but it might have been for a small dog).

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Do girls really have necks that much smaller than guys? I know we have larger necks than women do, but I would have said that most adult women had necks larger than 13 in. I had a 15 in neck when I was 14 or 15 (and 16.5 now in the US, although UK sizing is strange and I'm only a 15.5). Then again, I think my ex wore a cat collar sometimes (I know she wore a collar, but it might have been for a small dog).
Well, I'm really tiny for a guy. My neck's 13 inches, so I wear one with a good inch of extra room. The small dog thing might work, but I've never seen a bell on one for a dog. You could always buy a small dog and a cat collar, and take the bell off and put it on the one you mean to wear.

M

Mako

I modified a large dog collar, added an extra notch, shortened the length, and used a small necklace chain to hang my bell from it.
But the collar factory also has great collars, my mate has one from there thats really cool.

Role
Private
I was at a craft store tonight, and low and behold, 2 bucks for a bag of bells, various sizes. And pretty much any dog or bdsm collar has a d ring.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I bought mine from collar factory the begining of last year, its holding up well to daily wear and only cost about $40 for the locking type with lamb skin inner lining.
from what others have told me the fur lined ones are comfortable but get quite hot and itchy in warm weather or rooms.

Wulfgar

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
YOu could try any pet store really,I know alot of places (in the UK anyways) sell large cat collars with bells. Otherwise, just get a regular dog collar, a bell, and a split ring or 2.

Hope this helps

X

xdeadx

Like others have said, Collarfactory is the best option, but if you can't afford it or need it quicker any pet store will do.

Chaoswolf

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer
yup I agree collar factory when I get some money ima get me a baby blue one! ^_^

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
if you go for matching cuffs make sure the measurements are exactly right. I made the mistake of measuring my wristbone instead of my wrist and the resulting cuffs are too baggy to wear on wrists. they've spent the year since I got them on my favourite plushie Rufus as a collar

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I bought mine at a pet store. Since I didn't really want to try it out at the store, I ended up getting one that was too big though. I guess I should be getting a new one, and from playing around with Collar Factory it seems an excellent place to order from. The only downside is that there don't seem to be any accessories to hang in the collar except for bells, which I don't like. Still, I could get something for that someplace else. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.