Help me find a dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried looking around, but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere else.

I'll keep looking, sweets.

thank you, hopefully there's something somewhere.... it's kinda sad and ridiculous that a somewhat basic dress like this is such a rare thing to find.

If you've got a bit of a belly going on there, take a look at maternity dresses. Big men in regular dresses are not a pretty sight but maternity dresses have a built in cuteness. They're also designed to hide the extra weight. You don't need an hour-glass figure because the waist falls just below the bust (Empire Waist). I particularly like 'skater dresses' because they're modest at the top but short and sexy, 'swirl' nicely and pat your butt when you walk. I used to shop ASOS maternity but their selection is not as good these days.

I think I would be fine as long as I buy the proper size, though? Or maybe a size larger than my waist? I'm not as skinny as I used to be, but still, I'm smaller than a whole lot of people out there in this world (no offense to them) And... I mean... I really don't want something that's super form-fitting anyway. Also, probably few people, if any, will ever see me wearing it... if I ever find one.

I didn't do an in-depth browsing, but I took a look at ASOS for a few minutes. As you said, they seem to have a lack of selection. It all looked like... I dunno.... somehow a bunch of different types of the same stuff. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Shippofox have checked on JCP.com? I've found several dresses on there that I like. I've bought a few from them in size 14.
I like their lace dresses the best,

Thank you. some of my clothes, the boring guy clothes, came from JC Penny at a nearby mall. After a quick look, I don't quite see any dresses I want though, unless I've missed something :frown:

can't edit, sorry to double post...

I guess what I'm looking for is what's called a "jewel" neckline. Finally figured out what it's called. I just hate how much time I'm wasting on this search... just wasted about an hour. (I should be in bed...) Basically, I only found a few "meh" or okay-ish things that I don't really prefer. Every time I thought I found a perfect dress, it turned out to be for actual little girls... :frown:

ShippoFox said:
can't edit, sorry to double post...

I guess what I'm looking for is what's called a "jewel" neckline. Finally figured out what it's called. I just hate how much time I'm wasting on this search... just wasted about an hour. (I should be in bed...) Basically, I only found a few "meh" or okay-ish things that I don't really prefer. Every time I thought I found a perfect dress, it turned out to be for actual little girls... :frown:

May I suggest taking these dresses that you have found for actual little girls to an etsy seamstress? I have had good fortune with a couple things from etsy, perhaps you can ask one of them to recreate what you want in your size?
It's slightly farfetched, but it could work. And it may not cost you too much... Maybe like 50-70? Regardless, it will be something specifically made for you, and I didn't mind spending a little over $50 for the diaper cover to end all diaper covers.
I would start by asking the lady who runs My Binkies and Bows, Carol. She does have a certain...style that might not suit you, but I would suggest just sending her a request with a picture of something you like...that might get you somewhere? Hope I helped xD

OhHeyThere said:
May I suggest taking these dresses that you have found for actual little girls to an etsy seamstress? I have had good fortune with a couple things from etsy, perhaps you can ask one of them to recreate what you want in your size?
It's slightly farfetched, but it could work. And it may not cost you too much... Maybe like 50-70? Regardless, it will be something specifically made for you, and I didn't mind spending a little over $50 for the diaper cover to end all diaper covers.
I would start by asking the lady who runs My Binkies and Bows, Carol. She does have a certain...style that might not suit you, but I would suggest just sending her a request with a picture of something you like...that might get you somewhere? Hope I helped xD

Some of the ones in her store would be amazing, maybe perfect, if...
1. They were a somewhat more "normal" length (not super short)
2. they weren't super expensive.

It would probably be $90+ (maybe a lot more than that) for a custom dress. I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a single dress.

I spent a while searching some websites again today... still no luck. :frown:

Also, I would be willing to consider a two piece outfit with a top and a skirt... since good dresses (according to my standards) seem to be exceptionally hard to find. It'd probably be easier to clean and dry as well. Though I really wish I could find a dress.

I am also still kinda confused about how dresses are sized... I heard most go by empire waist? that would be 42 inches... but XL is like 32.5 inches on Overstock. So I'd be like a size 4XL?! Which I really do not understand... at all. My nightgown is XXL, and it feels slightly big sometimes. Not too, too big. and maybe a little short, but not enough to bother me. So... I'm getting something wrong here, I think.... I don't understand.

Last edited:
ShippoFox said:
Some of the ones in her store would be amazing, maybe perfect, if...
1. They were a somewhat more "normal" length (not super short)
2. they weren't super expensive.

It would probably be $90+ (maybe a lot more than that) for a custom dress. I can't afford to spend that kind of money on a single dress.

Yeah, I understand that. I got a dress from her once, and I wasn't excited about where the top part meets the skirt part (I don't know the actual terms, but I'm sure there are). I like a more tighter fit just under the bust, and it flaring out from there. I ended up returning it for a dress from the eBay shop I linked a little earlier in the thread. Whereas this dress has the skirt beginning in the middle or just below the nipple area, this dress has the skirt falling below the bust...fun fact, this is the one and only dress I own, it's pretty, but a little itchy for sleeping in, or wearing for more than 30ish minutes. Plus, it's good for sissy stuff, but doesn't quite fit the lg look I want.

If I ever get the dough to spend, I would totally ask MyBinkiesandBows to do something like that for me, using the same design as what she normally does, with the room to fill the chest area. I simply want something that cinches just below the bust, so it would still have that babyish look with just a hint of sissy (I'm like...70% lg/30% sissy). That and maybe making the dress a bit longer as my torso is rather long (I'm 6 feet...with a 30 inch inseam. By comparison, my brother is the same height with a 34 inch inseam xD)

Search not going too well here. I really wanted something pink or purple, but maybe I'll have to go with denim. I dunno. I've seen a few options here and there. Maybe I'll have to track one down if I can't find anything else. I'll probably be spending a little more than I planned/hoped as well... :eek!:

Last edited:
I really want something... so I think.... maybe I'm just gonna get something from that ebay store, and accept the shorter length. But I'm still totally confused about what size I should be buying.... :frown:

Well if it's the eBay Store that I mentioned, a large was good for me, and I'm between a male medium and large.
Also, I think the store has a sizing chart somewhere...im not sure though

Yup, the one you posted!

Ebay has been my one stop shop heaven, but you have to make sure you check the size charts since chinese clothing is sized much smaller than everyone else. You might have to look for a looong time but you'll definitly find something absolutely gorgeous that won't break your bank. This dress has made me happy for a long while:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Sexy-...hash=item1e7a5ca387:m:mFMlM0m1nKxT5f-4vOmayPA

Last edited:
tickles51 said:

That one is cute! However... I don't know how to do all the measurements. Not something I can get wrong... or I'd really regret it. (I do have tape measures though) And the neckline shows a little more skin than I'd prefer... It's not too bad though.
Though I wish I could have the other stuff on that site... mostly very expensive though, sadly.

ScarletRoseRapier said:
Ebay has been my one stop shop heaven, but you have to make sure you check the size charts since chinese clothing is sized much smaller than everyone else. You might have to look for a looong time but you'll definitly find something absolutely gorgeous that won't break your bank. This dress has made me happy for a long while:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Sexy-...hash=item1e7a5ca387:m:mFMlM0m1nKxT5f-4vOmayPA

That one is nice. I'd wear it, but not really what I want.
Any tips for sorting through all the stuff on ebay?

Last edited:
Take a look at a new listing on e bay. A real cute one in cotton and a yellow baby design. Great price for what you would get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back