Help me decide: 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Nope. There's no Hello World there.

Linux Guide to the PS3 Network Hole Learn how to copy .SELF files to the PS3 hard disk.
Doesn't achieve anything.

Downgrade PS3 1.60 to 1.50 Courtesy of InFeCtuS you're now able to downgrade PS3 firmware 1.60 to 1.50.
Infectus is a hardware EEPROM programmer. Again, cute, but achieves nothing.

Install PS3 Online Store Games via PC Learn how to use PS3 Proxy Server GUI to install downloadable PlayStation Store titles via your PC.
Yes! An alternate way to install games you still have to pay for! Useless, and patched.

PS3 Swiss Army Knife (SAK) CJPC's all-purpose utility to easily backup Blu-ray discs using the PS3 OtherOS Open Platform.
Wait! You mean to tell me that you can use a machine that has a bluray rom and that can run Linux, to dump bluray disks?! NO WAY.

Circumvent the PS3 Firmware Check Learn how to bypass the PS3 firmware check so you can continue logging into the PS3 Network, playing online games, and browsing the PlayStation Store without updating the system software.
Also useless

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I clicked on something...And I just keep getting popups and stuff...I didn't see anything about PS3 hacks other than the name...
works fine for me.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh it does work...I was just expecting a little more than 5 links...

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Oh it does work...I was just expecting a little more than 5 links...
Five useless links, no less XD That's how little has actually been unearthed, though. There's work on custom firmwares (and crossflashing the debug firmware), but nothing that works just yet.

Azdf

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Or... Do neither!

In my opinion, even a two-year old desktop PC is far better than most consoles on the market (especially considering that a majority of console games are avaliable on PC, not to mention free games (BtRL, B5:IFH, RA:APB, and SL*), and modding! Don't forget modding!)

Given the choice between PC or any console on (or off) the market, I'd go PC (biased? yes!)

If strapped for cash though, I'd actually go with a PS2. It has a large amount of good games that are relatively cheap (such as Shadow of the Colossus, Bully, the GTA games, the .hack series, way too many RPGs to count, Ace Combat, and many more**)

*kudos to anyone who actually knows what these games are, double kudos to those who play them :)
**see above

Reactions: mm3

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Damn, all this bickering! >_>

Let's put it this way, when there are games, there will always be cheaters.

So let's kiss and make up?! This thread was hijacked like, twice already.

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Or... Do neither!

In my opinion, even a two-year old desktop PC is far better than most consoles on the market (especially considering that a majority of console games are avaliable on PC, not to mention free games (BtRL, B5:IFH, RA:APB, and SL*), and modding! Don't forget modding!)

Given the choice between PC or any console on (or off) the market, I'd go PC (biased? yes!)

If strapped for cash though, I'd actually go with a PS2. It has a large amount of good games that are relatively cheap (such as Shadow of the Colossus, Bully, the GTA games, the .hack series, way too many RPGs to count, Ace Combat, and many more**)

*kudos to anyone who actually knows what these games are, double kudos to those who play them :)
**see above
GTA4 on both Ps3 and 360
Bully available on 360
Ace Combat 6 360
But Moot point

Honestly this has become a fanboy thread.
Just buy whichever console you think you would like better.
Oh and learn this lesson.
DON'T EVER, EVER, ASK A PREFERENCE OF CONSOLE OVER THE INTERNETS!

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, Xbox Live was a real turn off for me. But once I got my Elite it really was worth it. Playing GTA4, Rock Band and CoD4 with it was a really awesome experience.

I haven't gotten into the PS3 as much, it sits downstairs as a cheap Blu-Ray player... But I did get the Dualshock3 controller (as well as the Sixaxis that came with it). I only have Rock Band and CoD4 for the PS3, though, my only two games for it.
i got the elite and xbox live.

If you don't have an HD TV or some nice TV like that, then you can't play PS3 on it...If you have a regular tube tv, then 360 will work on it, although you won't get the best graphics, but they are still good....360 has a lot more games, and a lot better games, that sell a lot better...Plus they are cheaper...PS3 costs more, doesn't have as many games, and gets screwed out a lot of exclusives...This year seems to bring better games to PS3, but who knows if they are in your liking
im using a 5 1/2-year-old fullscreen TV for my 360 :sad:
the numbers on halo 3 look like other numbers
i think a 20" monitor will do a better job on 360

I think the 360 is the better option. Theres a bigger selection of games and Sony dose not really have that many titles to itself. Plus Sony was being the PSP which I consider to be a bigger let down then the last 3 star wars movies combined.

Also let's all thank sony for forcing its own formats (UMD/Blu-
Ray) no one asked for.
yes its better if youre looking for more selection and a lower price
blu-ray WON the format war! :sad:

No, no, no! You don't deserve a PS3! Just kidding! I can't believe people hated that game though. :(

That's not true. I played my PS3 for a while on an old video monitor from the 80s. I eventually got an HDTV though.
(EDIT: someone beat me to it)

I want to suggest that he get a PS3 for that reason alone, actually. The 360 is good, but it pisses me off that rich-as-hell MS gets away with charging for something that other companies offer for free. Sure, there are some nice features.... but they should offer a way to play for free somehow (maybe with less features or something.)

But.... uh.... this really is a tough choice. I'd probably go for the PS3 though. You'll miss out on lots of downloadable content for GTA4 (if you like GTA), but at least it has the game... and it might get some smaller DLC packs sometime. You'll also get Final Fantasy XIII.... and Mercenaries 2 supposedly comes out later this year (for both systems though.) The 360 is a good system and has some great games, but I recommend the PS3.
we 360 owners dont HAVE A WEB BROWSER but hell thats OK
we have better games
PS3 Sux

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Honestly this has become a fanboy thread.
I'd hate to say it, but it is true.

Here's what you do, try to rent each for a week, with 5 of their top rated games for each console. Then see what you like the best. Sadly, topics like these over the internet don't stay peaceful for long. They *always* break out into a fanboy war. Not necessarily anyone's fault, but it's just how it is.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Attention: Stop the flaming and needless arguments, otherwise I'll close this thread and hand out neg rep to everyone who has been bickering and throwing around insults.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
PS3. xbox 360 just gets the three red rings every five minuets
And where did you hear that...Sure some of them do, but a lot of them don't...And if you knew about the red ring, then you would know it's not something that goes on and off like that...When you got it, then you're pretty much stuck with it...There are some remedies out of it if you do get it though

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
All I have to say, is get whatever system the majority of your friends have. If your friends have a 360, go with that (mine do), and that's what i'm getting.

But either way, it doesn't matter, because you'll always have plenty of randoms to play with online.

PS3 does have free online, but Xbox live is certainly worth the 50 bux a year...

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Okay, I've been thinking about getting a console for a while, but I'm not quite sure which one to get.

Also of note is that I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer, and would rather walk into a synagogue dressed as an SS officer than play a J-RPG.
Right there, get a 360, not coming from fanboy-ism only for the fact that, that is the main game base of the PS3(I'm a PC gamer)

Admittedly, I'd prefer a shiny new PC, but with university looming, I just don't have the money spare to put towards a decent one.

Thanks for your help!
You can get a decent gaming PC for the same price as a PS3

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
And where did you hear that...Sure some of them do, but a lot of them don't...And if you knew about the red ring, then you would know it's not something that goes on and off like that...When you got it, then you're pretty much stuck with it...There are some remedies out of it if you do get it though
33% confirmed failure rate :\ That's not just 'some'.

Status
Not open for further replies.