Help me decide: 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
There's no cheating in the PS3 online community, either, as the system is still completely secure from exploits, cracks and cheats and the like. The 360 has been host to pirated games, and modified games, for quite some time now~
Sawaa for some one who just yelled at some one for spreading mis information you should get your facts straight. There are dozens of released ways to cheat and there have been since its release.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Sawaa for some one who just yelled at some one for spreading mis information you should get your facts straight. There are dozens of released ways to cheat and there have been since its release.
I can tell you categorically that the PS3 is still virgin, when it comes to scene exploitation. No piracy. No unsigned code. No memory poking. No 'hacking'. The holy grail at the moment is a custom firmware solution, but even that is MONTHS away~

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I can tell you categorically that the PS3 is still virgin, when it comes to scene exploitation. No piracy. No unsigned code. The holy grail at the moment is a custom firmware solution, but even that is MONTHS away~
Lol....no...just no... You can install your own os then edit the files on your ps3. And since each map in a game has to store the custom data this makes things such as gravity and fire rare(as an example) hackable. As for unsigned code i have seen proof of it running awhile back from a hacking clan.

EDIT:http://www.nextgenboards.com/vb/playstation-3-exploiting-hacking/5119-how-install-mplayer-ps3.html <=unsigned media player for the ps3.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Lulz! Oh, you didn't just say hacking clan, did you? :X
You can install Linux as an OtherOS, yes, but the hypervisor prevents write access to the PS3OS section of the HDD. There's *read* access, however. And yes, you can inject your own SELF via the Warhawk Update method, but it gets you nowhere because you can't execute it because it throws up a signature mismatch.

Changing local cache files will do nothing for you anyway, as you'll get a version mismatch against the other players. There are *mods* for UT3, which was intended by Epic from the start. But there's no 'cheats', no online 'hacks' and no unsigned code executing on the PS3. Anything you've seen is fake. Trust me. Follow the scene yourself as ps2dev or ps3news; the two frontier sources for information. Right now you're just embarrassing yourself :\

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
look at my above post.( how to get an unsigned media player and how to get it running)(and honestly sony refused to acknowledge code majic until the ps3 came out so i wouldn't follow them too closely.)

And i didn't say self i said elf get it straight.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
That's mplayer, loading through OtherOS. That's not unsigned PS3 code, that's a bootable Linux install that boots directly into mplayer.
That does nothing that can't already be done via the officially supported means provided by Sony, and does nothing to offer real practical homebrew, or game exploits, or any sort of scene progress. The console is still secure.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
That's mplayer, loading through OtherOS. That's not unsigned PS3 code, that's a bootable Linux install that boots directly into mplayer.
That does nothing that can't already be done via the officially supported means provided by Sony, and does nothing to offer real practical homebrew, or game exploits, or any sort of scene progress. The console is still secure.
Packet injection no matter how hard to set up can be used to cheat on any game that is online although thats more of the exchange between the network and your ps3 than anything.

And ps3 files can can be transfered between your computer and your ps3 and edited.(getting link)

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
No, it can't. All PS3 game packets are signed and discarded if they've been tampered with.
Just face it, there's no way to cheat online in PS3 games at the moment. That's a fact. Stop trying to build a strawman.

Yes, you can, but then you can't put the file back on the PS3 without getting a signature mismatch error.
Sony nailed the security on this one. I'm not saying it won't be cracked (it will), but they must feel great to know that the most anticipated game of all time is about to be released on their console, and people won't be pirating it on day 1.

babysage

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The PS3 has been hacked to pieces. Sony themselves said you could run linix on it.
As for the charging on Xbox Live. If It costs you cash to make a gold account. You act like a perverted asshole. Your account gets banned. You lose money. Sure its not foolproof, bu its something right. The PS3 is alot more hackable. Does sony even Blacklist hacked consoles? Plus PS3 games all have issues. GTA4 needed a patch. COD4 maps. Total pain in the ass. Sure there was the whole RROD thing with the 360. But at least Msoft fixed them. Look at this.
Polls: Is This Playstation 3 Too Dusty To Be Repaired Under Warranty?

I'd go with the 360, but thats just me.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
No, it can't. All PS3 game packets are signed and discarded if they've been tampered with.
Just face it, there's no way to cheat online in PS3 games at the moment. That's a fact. Stop trying to build a strawman.

Yes, you can, but then you can't put the file back on the PS3 without getting a signature mismatch error.
Sony nailed the security on this one. I'm not saying it won't be cracked (it will), but they must feel great to know that the most anticipated game of all time is about to be released on their console, and people won't be pirating it on day 1.
One look up the definition of a strawman. two I was unaware untill a moment ago they patched ps3 proxy so atm its mostly secure(your partially right about packets)

But im biased my experience with sony(ps2) was that they couldn't save games for there life(look at socom series). SO im a bit jaded but i recommend the 360.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
The PS3 has been hacked to pieces. Sony themselves said you could run linix on it.
As for the charging on Xbox Live. If It costs you cash to make a gold account. You act like a perverted asshole. Your account gets banned. You lose money. Sure its not foolproof, bu its something right. The PS3 is alot more hackable. Does sony even Blacklist hacked consoles? Plus PS3 games all have issues. GTA4 needed a patch. COD4 maps. Total pain in the ass. Sure there was the whole RROD thing with the 360. But at least Msoft fixed them. Look at this.
Polls: Is This Playstation 3 Too Dusty To Be Repaired Under Warranty?

I'd go with the 360, but thats just me.
That PS3 was fricking filthy. And Sony ALLOW you to run Linux on it, under a HYPERVISOR. It is still secure :)

One look up the definition of a strawman. two I was unaware untill a moment ago they patched ps3 proxy so atm its mostly secure(your partially right about packets)
100% secure.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
That PS3 was fricking filthy. And Sony ALLOW you to run Linux on it, under a HYPERVISOR. It is still secure :)

100% secure.
NO not 100% there are still cheaters on there.(not many though)

But this is my last post in this thread i hate fanboys/girls

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
No cheaters. Secure console.
Story ended :) Thank you for bowing out, I'm glad you can accept when you're wrong.

and for the record, I own an Xbox 360 and a PS3, and I back both wholeheartedly~

On to the original post:
Furthermore, as far as I'm aware, the European PS3 has no backwards compatibility, which ****ing sucks.
The 40GB doesn't. It's not a European thing. It's a 40GB model thing. The European 60GB/American 80GB actually have the best balance of BC, due to the fact they can do game upscaling, whereas the US 60GB does pure hardware BC and so can't enhance anything about the game.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
No cheaters. Secure console.
Story ended :) Thank you for bowing out, I'm glad you can accept when you're wrong.
I wasn't wrong but i relies when your arguing with some one that no matter what they say they think they are right that it is pointless.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
You are wrong. You provided no proof, no evidence, nothing to support your claim. All you provided was a link to running mplayer on a PS3 via a method that Sony wrote in for just such things. That's like saying that you're rebelling against a school uniform by wearing a shorter skirt..that's also purchased from the uniform list :p
And in the end, all you had was "wahhhhhh, h8 fanbois waaaahhh..not posting anymore.." which was probably the smartest thing you said all thread, and then you go back on your word on that, too.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
You are wrong. You provided no proof, no evidence, nothing to support your claim. All you provided was a link to running mplayer on a PS3 via a method that Sony wrote in for just such things. That's like saying that you're rebelling against a school uniform by wearing a shorter skirt..that's also purchased from the uniform list :p
And in the end, all you had was "wahhhhhh, h8 fanbois waaaahhh..not posting anymore.." which was probably the smartest thing you said all thread, and then you go back on your word on that, too.
thats hypocritical wheres your proof?

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Burden of proof isn't on me. You find me a fully proven, not fake, and not debunked, Hello World exploit for the PS3.
Until you do, it's 100% secure.
you refuted my statement burden of proof is on you iirc.

But this time i am done with this thread.

ps3=hardcore gamers

xbox 360=good all around.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Nice cop-out. Guess it prevents you from having to go through the shame of not being able to find a Hello World exploit, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.