• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caden

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hey. I'm new to this. I'm kind of nervous.

First of all, am I in the right place? I've no affinity for diapers, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm a two year old walking around in an adult body. All my life I've been told to act my age, or treated as intellectually disabled by strangers because I act young. It's a unconscious thing.

I feel like I'm intellectually an adult, and emotionally a toddler. It's lonely knowing no one else who understands. So I'm here asking if there's anyone who understands this, and to ask advice for where to go from here.

A little about me:

I'm biological female, but tend to veer between non binary and male. Use whatever pronouns you want.

I'm struggling, which is part of why I'm here. I'm autistic, with major social anxiety, and depression. I have a job, but adulting is really difficult. I act like a kid, and I feel like a kid, but I don't feel like I know how to be myself without constantly trying so hard to put on an act to be adult. Maybe I'm looking for some coping techniques? I really have no idea.

Just hi. Nice to meet you.

Hello Caden and welcome to the group.

Very nice introduction.
I do not know why you have to be involved in diapers to be a little. I know of some that talk about that idea.
I hope you have a good time here.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Hey Caden and welcome. Firstly I'd say yes this is the right place. There's plenty of regressive littles here, and although for most I guess diapers are a big trigger, for many they are just an associated object. For regressive littles, it is very much about managing the powerful emotional drivers that motivate us. When a large part of that happens to be 'little' that is a really tough call in an aggressive adult world. The most important thing is that you recognise this about yourself, and understand that it is healthy, just you. Of course balance is sensible advice as well...after all we still need to exist in this crazy adult world.
Oh, and it's OK to have a bit of fun round here as well as the serious stuff.

Hi and welcome. It sounds like I'm like you in many ways. I have horrible social anxiety and don't like doing the adult thing. I feel really out of place in the adult world.

Welcome to ADISC Caden! No worries, you don't need to like diapers to be here, I think you fit in perfectly.

And I know exactly how you feel. As an young to mid teen I would get teased a lot by family for preferring kids rooms full of toys instead of sitting in the living room to chat. I still prefer toys... but will sit with the grown ups when I need to (gross D: )

Welcome to ADISC

Caden said:
Hi Caden, nice to meet you too.

From your introduction, it sounds like ADISC is just right for you. I think that you'll find that you're not alone here. (Oops, I think I hear the 'Littles' coming.)

ADISC is a support community, so helping us understand and eventually accept ourselves is what we're all about. There are also a lot of fun (and smart) people here too.

So welcome to ADISC.

Bonjour,

You don't need to like diapers to be here, but it helps.

I have anxiety and depression too. You've probably heard this a lot before but therapy really does help. Its hard and frustrating at times, but they're professionals whose whole career revolves around getting to know the real you and teach you better coping methods. For me the regression is a coping mechanism that me and my t are trying to work into my big kid life in a more healthy way. I don't know if it will work, but we're trying it out to see if it works. That's how the process goes.

It's awful to go it all alone.

Hello there! You are most certainly in the right place. We do not judge here, we are a community that supports each other!

That being said, welcome to the group!

Caden said:

First of all, am I in the right place? I've no affinity for diapers, but a lot of the time I feel like I'm a two year old walking around in an adult body. All my life I've been told to act my age, or treated as intellectually disabled by strangers because I act young. It's a unconscious thing.

I feel like I'm intellectually an adult, and emotionally a toddler. It's lonely knowing no one else who understands. So I'm here asking if there's anyone who understands this, and to ask advice for where to go from here.

A little about me:

I'm biological female, but tend to veer between non binary and male. Use whatever pronouns you want.

I'm struggling, which is part of why I'm here. I'm autistic, with major social anxiety, and depression. I have a job, but adulting is really difficult. I act like a kid, and I feel like a kid, but I don't feel like I know how to be myself without constantly trying so hard to put on an act to be adult. Maybe I'm looking for some coping techniques? I really have no idea.

Hi. It's our pleasure, I'm sure!

I'm pretty sure you don't need an explicit interest in diapers to get by in a place like this. Embracing immaturity and cutting loose will suffice quite nicely.

I wanted to comment, just to say you're definitely not alone. I'm autistic too, and before my official diagnosis last year, I used to describe my difficulty much like that: that I felt like a kid in an adult world, stuck, confused, bewildered by stuff that everyone else seemed to just... Get. I cannot, however, offer any hope of coping strategies, as I'm still struggling with it myself.

I'm so surprised to hear you say we must use whatever pronouns we wish, by the way! In my experience, non-binary folk have been rather militant about which pronouns to use! I shall find the pronoun for a sheep and stick to that, for my own comfort :D

I hope you stick around these parts, and find something of use to you :D

x

Caden said:

A little about me:

Hi Caden

Welcome to our community you are not a lone.

And adulting sucks doesn't it. If I could I would be 24/7 little. But we all live in a world where we have to be grown up for some of the time. And it does make little space time more enjoyble.

You can ask any thing nay question. Encluding "Yes but why?" You probably be asked why what. But we are all hear to enjoy who we are and to support each other. Or is it to annoy each other nop, nop, I was right the first thim it to support each other and to share our lives as littles.

Something I do when I get to grow up depending on the situation. One is just turn to the person and say "NO! And you cart Mack me." The look on there face is priceless. Or I say, " ho yeah it on my to do list I must get around to it some day." Or, the little classic. "Yes but WHY though?" And keep asking why so they cart answer. This did get me put in the naughty corner once though. For yse why to much. One Minute of thinking time.

Enjoying being how you are is key and alot of grown ups have forgotten who they are and that why they are sad. So don't lit them tack away your happy thoughs. Who are they to say what is normal any way.

Well that me rambling on.

Hope it helps.

Sisi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back