Hello Mods (and everyone else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
When is the ETA on rep being removed from the site?

:)

No I'm serious, serious question.

Reactions: g6s

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
You keep trying to get the rep system removed. But the few times that it has been discussed it was dismissed. Stating it like this won't help.

Role
Diaper Lover
Estimated Time of Arrival.

Its worth a try martin, if it ever happens, doubtful, but....

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
How about: The 20th of NEVER!!!

I really really doubt that rep will ever be removed. I'm sure plenty of people will post saying why rep is a good thing.

I'll just say three things to everyone: Don't give negative reason for the littlest thing, use the report post button whenever you give negative rep (most of the time), and don't give any rep for unjust reasons.

Edit: Added thing: always say what acronyms stand for (except for AB/TB/DL etc. :p).

F

FullMetal

When is the ETA on rep being removed from the site?

No I'm serious, serious question.
You know what. I hate this question, and it is not because I like the reputation system (I do, but it is not the reason.) I hate this question because the people who want to get it removed only post something say "THIS SYSTEM SUXXX! I HATE IT!" If that is ALL you can say, stop posting this BS. Tell us why you are continuously complaining about it and maybe we will listen. We always get the people who reply and tell us why the reputation is so awesome and DOES work, and they have good, more than 5 word posts, unlike you. So if you hate something, tell us why, there must be at lease one reason. Saying "When will the rep system be removed" just makes you sound like an idiot.

I am sorry if I was mean, but it seems that only bluntness works.

FullMetal

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Agreed with Fullmetal, although I think you could have put that nicer..

I think people complain about the rep system because of the diversity of rep scores. They look around, and see all of these people with higher rep than them, and it makes them feel like their not liked or respected on here. Which isn't tue, but I can understand why they would feel that way.

Role
Diaper Lover
I see, I thought I had listed multiple reasons on my hatred for this system on my posts, however I have not on this thread.

Fullmetal, your post is the reason I hate this system, If I posted that, directed tword a member of this forum, I am 80% positive I would get neg for it, you however, do not, because you are a mod, respected, your posts are much more intelligently written than mine, and you already have near 40 reputation.

I'm not exactly sure why we need it, I know I will not win this fight, but fighting is better than being a pussy. Anyhow, the good members of our forums are already aparent, you, Martin, Chromos, Darkfinn, Daria, Anyana, Sawaa, and many others. The douche****s like me, are also apparent, by my posts, and by how I am, you could easily tell the difference between me and someone intelligent.

Rep weeds out pedophiles, it most certainly does, but you know what also weeds out pedos, the report post button. I've been told to let mods handle it, and I do, I post a short thought, sit back, and watch what happens.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
BTW if you want to contact mods you should use the requests forum... if you intend this for everyone the title doesn't really make sence.

Role
Diaper Lover
Mods are the only people who know, more specifically, moo.

It was a good title at the time.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Well I fixed the title.
:D

And Alex, don't put yourself down... People don't think that your are stupid.

Don't pay attention to the reputation of others, the rep system is far from perfect. People get more rep than others for lots of reasons, some fair some unfair. Don't worry about it. Just focus on your rep, and the rep comments you get.

Role
Diaper Lover
Ok Charles, I'm focusing. Soon I will develop my telekinetic abilities, so I can facepalm people over the internets.

Edit: Thanks for title fix.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
You said all kinds of stuff, problem is though that you aren't the only one here... there are other people that think differently and this isn't even a democracy Moo is the one in charge here and he apparently made the decision to keep the rep system after all the debates about it. Do you think an other debate about it will help your cause???

Role
Diaper Lover
Not really, but we need more threads, all the current ones we have are more boring than shuffleboard.

Atheism vs Theism debates won't change anything, but they are always going on aren't they?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Not really, but we need more threads, all the current ones we have are more boring than shuffleboard.

Atheism vs Theism debates won't change anything, but they are always going on aren't they?
So you didn't make this thread to discuss the reputation system? You just made it because the other threads are boring?

F

FullMetal

I see, I thought I had listed multiple reasons on my hatred for this system on my posts, however I have not on this thread.

Fullmetal, your post is the reason I hate this system, If I posted that, directed tword a member of this forum, I am 80% positive I would get neg for it, you however, do not, because you are a mod, respected, your posts are much more intelligently written than mine, and you already have near 40 reputation.
You know what, I see what you mean. If you said that you would probably get negative reputation, and your reasons are exactly why I do not and something else. I seldom make posts like that, and I mean extremely seldom. I do it when people insist on doing or saying the same thing over and over and over again. I try to keep those posts to a minimum but sometimes, and I am sure most would agree, it is needed. I can only say something with a nice tone for so long, but it is really irritating when one has to say the same thing over and over again.

You on the other hand have many of these posts. You tend to try and be heard in a very bad light and that is why you get negative reputation. If you did it when it is absolutely needed (which is not much) you would not get shot down all the time. I understand that it may look like the reputation system is extremely flawed but you are looking it the wrong way.

I'm not exactly sure why we need it, I know I will not win this fight, but fighting is better than being a pussy. Anyhow, the good members of our forums are already aparent, you, Martin, Chromos, Darkfinn, Daria, Anyana, Sawaa, and many others. The douche****s like me, are also apparent, by my posts, and by how I am, you could easily tell the difference between me and someone intelligent.
I never said I LOVE the system but it has some good reasons behind it. Let me give you a scenario. On a different site, on a forum, someone comes out and says something bad, is rude, is mean, anyone of those. Most probably, the mods will tell him to stop and probably put him on a list of who they warned. If the person does it again, they will most probably be banned, they might get another warning, but it is very likely that the mods wont waste their time on that.

Now, in ADISC, it works differently. If someone says something bad/rude ect. they are given negative reputation, and the mods don't even have to interfere. Whats good about the system is that you can actually GAIN that reputation back, how awesome is that? Just the concept makes me think that its great. So even if you do get -3 reputation, chances are, you wont get banned, you will just learn your lesson A) Because you don't want that feeling of having negative reputation and B) You are personally told by the USERS (not only by the all powerful mods) what you did wrong.

If we took away this system, I guarantee you that many people would be banned more often. I mean, how many negative reputation do you have? Do you really think that a mod will want to have to deal with PMing you every time? I know I wouldn't put up with that, I would ban you after 2 warnings. But we don't do that because we know that people can learn how to do better, how to post better, how to think better, and from that we strive to creat a better community. Why get rid of that?

Think it over, see how awesome it really is.

FullMetal

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Well then MrAlex, make nice threads. We can never have too much of them, just don't make any more about the rep system, they get a bit annoying.

Role
Diaper Lover
I see full, it just some people on here, do not work well with me.

I can't think of to many more good thread ideas, but I can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.