• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Hello, I'm NikonFilmPhotog and I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
HTML:
Hello all,

A few things about me:

I'm gay - Been out since I was 16.
In a relationship - Over 8 years with my partner.
Just recently came to terms with my ABDL - I would say my split is 20% AB & 80% DL. You would think that coming out as gay is hard but I just told my parter after 8 years about my being ABDL and it was very difficult, my partner understands and is very supportive.
I try and sleep with a stuffed teddy and suck my thumb but sucking my thumb isn't working so I'd like to get a NUK 5.

My interests:
Motorcycling and scootering - I have a 2005 Goldwing and a 2010 SH150i
Photography - I shoot film and slides and do all of my own color processing and printing using chemicals processes. Don't care for digital. Love Nikon cameras and Fujifilm products, my favorite types of pictures are macro images.
Pinball machines & arcade games - I have a small arcade with 5 pinball machines and 1 arcade game.
Camping - I love to sit in my folding tent camper and look out the screen and watch and smell nature.
Ham radio - I'm studying for my General class license right now but want to be and Extra before I have to renew my license in Apr of 2010.

Last edited:

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I have to admit with such a genaric *b name I thought you would just be some n00b but after reading this thread I hope I see more of you on the forum. You seem really well put together.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. :)

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Welcome to ADISC. I thoguht a while ago they removed the req. For using a ham. Or was that just the need to know mores"sp" code?? Anyways.

Really nice to meet you.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
No more Morse code for a Ham license (in the USA at least). I could just barely master 5 words per minute to get mine. I didn't renew :(

Welcome to the community, ABDLboy. :) There's lots of opportunity to get acquainted with us, in many categories. Just look around, you'll certainly find many places that you can converse with other members.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Don't do digital photography at all? Aw god, you're gonna love me then. I'm a computer artist so half my studies involves digital photography.

Nonetheless, it's an interesting life you lead there. I look forward to reading some of your contributions to ADISC :) Happy posting...

D.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The new no-code general license makes it not so bad. Welcome aboard.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You certainly are diverse and I think that's great. Welcome to the site.I have a lot of interests as well. It's what makes life interesting.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny:Welcome and thanks for the great intro. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums.:bunny:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Belated welcome from me. I am curious though: what possible advantage smaller than medium format (and even then) has film? You use a neg/slide scanner?

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
Babyfur, Little
Hey! You sound really interesting. Not too many non-digital types around anymore. It's cool that you came out to your partner - about the ABDL part. How did he take it?

I've been to Colorado a few times - Denver, Colorado National Park, the Springs and Garden of the Gods. You have an awesome state. Wish I could live there.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I believe that there is a better quality to film than digital. With only 36 exposures you are required to give some thought and take quality images. No spray and pray.

I don't like the digital rot that occurs when a new camera comes out that it is another 3K to keep current. With film it's only $7-$10 at most.

My parter is very understanding when I came out to him. He wants to buy me a teddy bear. :)

pixel

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Photography - I shoot film and slides and do all of my own color processing and printing using chemicals processes. Don't care for digital. Love Nikon cameras and Fujifilm products, my favorite types of pictures are macro images.
!!!

That's awesome! I'm very much into analog photography - I use a Pentax SP, and usually shoot with Kodak tmax, but I've yet to develop my own film. Shame about kodakchrome huh? When I read your name, I was afraid you were one of those people who use D60s and act like professional photographers ;)

Welcome to adisc!

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Welcome! I'm also into photography. I'm a Canon shooter. I mostly shoot Digital except for 4x5. I do love film and my old EOS 3, but color film has become impractical since my school ripped out the c-41 processor and this summer the Color darkroom is being ripped out. Such a shame since the enlargers and RA-4 processor are only a few years old. I also enjoy doing alternative processes like cyanotypes and palladium printing.

D

DominatingMommy

Welcome. My floydrox88 is very much into photography also. He prefers Nikon cameras. You would probably get along really well with him.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I believe that there is a better quality to film than digital. With only 36 exposures you are required to give some thought and take quality images. No spray and pray.

I don't like the digital rot that occurs when a new camera comes out that it is another 3K to keep current. With film it's only $7-$10 at most.
This is so true. One of the things I hate about post processing is sitting in front of the computer sifting through hundreds of pics to find the good ones. On my last road trip I took one day to not shoot anything digital. for our sunrise shoot I grabbed 2 rolls of 120 b&w to shoot in a Mamiya 645. For our sunset shoot, 4 sheets of 4x5 (2 B&W & 2 color for a Toyo studio cam,) and 1 roll of Ektar 100 for my EOS3. I could have easily shot 500+ digital images but chose to test my skills using fewer shots on film with out the ability to look at what I shot until the film was processed. They were some of the best images of the trip.

I truly believe those who start out shooting film on a all manual 35mm have a far better understanding of photography. Even though I don't shoot a lot of film anymore, a part of me was taken away when the school ripped out all color film facilities. As much a I had played around with color in Photoshop, I did not fully understand "color" till I had to do it in the darkroom. Even those who were "digital only" were forced to to shoot a couple rolls of film and make their "own" prints in the darkroom admitted that they came away with a better understanding of what is color and how colors work.

As far as digital cameras becoming "paperweights" I really don't worry about that. I shoot with an 8.2 meg EOS 30D. I have made great prints up to 20x30. As much as I want the 5D MKII I don't need a 22 meg camera. What counts is the glass, (lens) in front of the camera and even more is your "eye" and the skills to capture what "you" see.

I have a (broke) friend that uses a, now ancient, beat up 20D, that doesn't work right, and he always has the best images.

I think I went on some sort of off topic rant here on someone else's thread, sorry. Just want to say for those of you shooting with 30 year old garage sale cameras, keep doing it. Your friends may point fingers at it while they are using there "latest, greatest" 12 meg point & shoot, You get to show them up with your prints!

BK

Status
Not open for further replies.