• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daLira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I think you're right, I just find it difficult to start. I have some certain things that I would like to start threads for and to talk about/get input on, but I am wondering exactly which part of the forum they fit into. Also I feel a bit worried about expressing myself clearly. But it's also to do with the fact that some of the stuff that I want to talk about feels very personal and is sensitive, so I'm actually feeling a little scared of talking about it in an open forum.
Where it fits, is kinda simple, just post it in the AB section. The lg/sissy also works, but I think it would be better in the first section.
And just take your time, you're in no hurry, or are you? *giggles*

I'll try to look for some threads, where you might get an idea how to write about it... I guess, I'll pm you the links, though you can't answer me, till you're established, but you can still read it, as far as I know.

I don't know if I can say that I have watched too much anime, but for me it's become more an issue of wanting to watch the shows that are quality works, not just the more and more common "fanservice" anime. To me wanting to re-watch a show a second or third time is just an indication of how awesome it really is... You're asking me if I'm into manga... I could answer both yes and no to that question. I have bought a number of complete mangas, but I still find myself enjoying watching the anime rather than reading the manga, so they're basically just taking up space and looking good in the bookshelf.
I can relate to this ^_-. In the most cases I've bought my mangas, if I couldn't wait for the story, since the manga is usually way ahead, despite that some anime are also discontinued or on hold, at some point, like bleach...
And especially from my childhood, where I didn't know a word in english... The german dubbing has been discontinued a lot of times, so I ended up owning nearly all Manga from Ranma 1/2, DNAngel, and so on ;), besides some mixed up one's with just some chapter's from the beginning of naruto, one piece and the infamous Neko Majin Z ^_-.

Eeehh I've gone offtopic... so anyway, you're right. Who in the world would rewatch something, which they didn't like. Though if it's going above 5 times, it may be too much. ._.

As for my favorite anime(s) I would have to say that if I had to choose but ONE anime, if I had to get rid of every other anime and just keep one, then that one would be K-On! I absolutely LOVE this anime above and beyond more or less every other anime. And that's after having watched anime for all these years, and being able to single out that one anime as THE favorite. I have bought the whole show, both seasons on Bluray from the U.S, I've bought the complete manga, both Japanese edition and English, I bought both of the Live Events that they held in Japan on Bluray (imported from Japan), and if I can afford it at the end of this month I will put in an order for the complete soundtrack collection that they just released in Japan. It contains EVERY song and every instrumental piece from the show in one big box. Not cheap, but I need it. :)

Other than K-On! just as you mention also, I love Clannad and Clannad After Story. It's such a BEAUTIFUL story. I cried a lot watching that one, and I'm not ashamed to admit it either. Other anime that I really like would be Card Captor Sakura, Marmalade Boy, Full Moon o Sagashite, Kaleido Star, Toradora, Azumanga Daioh, To aru Kagaku no Railgun and the now running series To aru Kagaku no Railgun S. I'm also a fan of Studio Ghibli... Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo and Whispers of The Heart.... and Grave of The Fireflies - but that last one... I watched it ONCE years ago. I bought it on DVD because it is SO beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. But I have yet to be able to sit down and watch it again. It's one of those movies you watch once, and it stays with you for the rest of your life. I don't know if I could watch it again... it was that heartbreaking. And... I've tried watching Lucky Star but I don't know if I feel a connection to it. In fact I've started trying to watch it again as recently as yesterday... :) And you don't have to apologize for asking me about my interests in anime and manga... I'm happy to be able to talk about this stuff as well.
The amount of Shōjo is too high! I'm just kidding, but I guess that's your favorite genre in general?
Anyway, K-On is something special and still rather new, and that it's your favorite... even more. I'm always forgetting this one... don't ask me why, but it's great!
Seems like you're kinda obsessed with K-On ;). Are you also into other merchandise stuff, like anime figures, plushies or similar?

I don't own that much from one specific anime or manga... just some small stuff, from everyone, which I liked in the end, like some big plushy dangos ^_^.... and mostly plushies from everything, besides my old Pokémon TCG cards.
And come to think of it... which one person on earth would dare not to cry while watching Clannad? Although I also ended up crying, while watching Angel Beats and Kanon...I love Key for this.
But I also hate Clannad, just a tiny little bit, but I still do!, for being such a emotional roller coaster, especially Clannad After Story. It makes you surely enjoy the anime and "merge" with it... but it's a horrible experience to be honest. I have never suffered vicariously with anime characters, before watching Clannad.

And since you like to talk about Anime and Manga.... so what's your favorite characters, from those you mentioned? Especially from Keion!. ;)

Yet another interest that we seem to have in common, I've always been interested in languages ever since I was a kid, and wanted to start learning english very early on. By now I speak, read and write english at a native level. When I started getting into anime and manga I wanted to learn Japanese, and tried different language courses. Then I found this online course that actually does teach you japanese well from the ground up, but of course you have to stick with it. I did pretty good in the beginning when I got started, but then along came My Little Pony and derailed everything. I just didn't keep up with the studying of it. I can write some japanese on the computer though but it's probably full of gramatical errors and stuff...

少し日本語わかります、でもほんとむずかしです。けど私が少し日本語書いています。俺の日本語わるいです。 - "Sukoshi nihongo wakarimasu (I can understand a little Japanese) demo honto muzukashi desu. (but it's really difficult). Kedo watashi ga sukoshi nihongo kaite imasu (however I can write a little japanese). Ore no nihongo warui desu (My japanese is bad.)

... something like that anyway \(^_^)/ I actually used to mess around with the Japanese version of Windows XP and Windows 7 before, and I also have two Japanese keyboards for the computer, none of which I am currently using since they are more mapped like the U.S keyboard layout with a number of extra keys to switch between Hiragana/Katakana and different kanji candidates when typing japanese. Oh well - I guess I just gave away just how much of a nerd I am ...
Why should that be nerdy... Or if it is... than I'm too, but I don't care in this case. And hey... one big benefit from being more or less polyglot, is that you wont have to deal with Alzheimer's. ;)
However, my english still has... a lot of room for improvement. But I like to use the simple excuse that I just started to learn it in the 9. grade, so with the age of 14, which is kinda late ^_-. I know a lame excuse... and I still like english, a lot, since it just sounds way different as german and my native language, french, which has been the first foreign language in our school, after that Latin and than finally english... in the 11. grade spanish too, since I've taken the "language based path" (otherwise, no latin and spanish, but therefore an emphasis on natural sciences).
And not to mention that german's have a hard time learning to pronounce "th" ;)

Hajimemashite.
Nihongo ga hotondo hanashimasen.

Nice to meet ya.
I also don't know the japanese language very well ~

Anyway, ye... I can also understand a little bit, but written only in Latin script ;_;. You can probably kill me with hiragana, katagana and kanji... I can't wrap my head around it so far, but I have to say... I've been also kinda lazy regarding this.
But as a teacher from a friend, who's studying the Japanese language, once mentioned. After years!... you can be happy if you're able to distinguish the weather from the world end in a japenese newspaper ^_-.

Ha! The japanese version of windows! That's something exciting, I know. Especially the layout already, and not to mention the wrapping. Way different how they approach their costumers. And a keyboard sounds exciting, really! Sadly I never had the chance to hold one in my hands. I've just seen some pictures and always started to wonder how the switching works...

I was actually adopted from South Korea when I was a baby and being raised by Swedish parents, but I've never really felt like I belong. The feeling if I were to describe it without going into more detail would be like I don't really agree with the Swedish mentality. I feel part Swedish (of course since I grew up here), but still not identifying with other Swedes or feeling the same as them... it's a hard feeling to describe. Then part of me feels American (probably since I have had and still have a good number of American friends and spent a considerable amount of time with Americans learning english and such) and then there's the part of me that feels Korean. It's kinda strange, even though I've never been there and not having had very much contact with other Koreans I still feel there's a part of me that is Korean. So that's what I mean. I reside in Sweden and I am a Swedish citizen, but I do not identify as a Swede... I hope that answers your question...

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.
I... understand, although I'm sorry. I still hope that you had a great childhood nonetheless!
So speaking of... that I can relate to this, more or less... I've got a friend, who's also from south korea... And simply in the end, it's where he feels at home. His parents and he of course too, tend to live also this way... culture related, and rather simply put.
Anyway, he's traveling a lot of times to Seoul especially, since he still got some relatives there. And I've been with him 2 times ^_^! It made a lot of fun, I'm anyway into travelling, but south korea is also my favorite eastern country, besides Japan. Although I have to say, that the weather is a horrible mix of rain and sunshine :p
Before I forget to ask... are you also Korean-speaking? Though it may be a silly question, since you've been a baby, but perhaps you're anyway interested in the language, especially since it would be your native... I think.

Furthermore... I also know this feeling if you somehow feel in the wrong place. I'm not really fond of most german attitudes, especially that in some places, where people tend to stare at you way too much... but luckily it ain't everywhere this way, since a lot cities are simply... multicultural.
So I'm not sure, if I'll stay anyway. And that's why I want to travel to Japan so badly, but.. why does it have to be so **** expensive!
And I guess, that I'd feel fine, also working related.... Probably I've adopted the german "work is serious!" mentality too well.

My gollygosh! That felt like ages writing this. :)

Best regards!

Rikachan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The german dubbing has been discontinued a lot of times, so I ended up owning nearly all Manga from Ranma 1/2, DNAngel, and so on ;), besides some mixed up one's with just some chapter's from the beginning of naruto, one piece and the infamous Neko Majin Z ^_-.

That wouldn't happen to be the Banzai magazine you are talking about, would it? *__*

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wish I could get my hands on those ASDA/TESCO diapers somehow.

If/When you trust me enough to give your address to me, I guess I could help you out there by buying them and posting them out to you, it would probably be quite a bit in postage costs though, I guess it depends how much you want plastic backed. ;)

Personally I cannot stand plastic backed mainly because I'm about 4 stone overweight, so a combination of being fat and the nappies being plastic backed means they make me sweat something awful down there. Even with constantly trying to keep myself clean and dry, I have some quite nasty "nappy"/bed sores. :(

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I will have to ask if the UK allows the tena pants, they used to provide mesh disposables with the pads but they stopped doing that so I struggle with normal briefs.

Interesting that you should mention using mesh disposable pants with your pads. That's one of the things that the district nurse and the incontinence coordinator had me try and I just absolutely hated it. Now you're absolutely right in saying that the normal briefs doesn't work very well at all. Maybe when they're brand new, but if you've worn them for a while they get stretched out and so doesn't hold the pad securely. I got some kind of disposable pants that were not mesh in the end and they work great. Abrifix Leaf Super they're called. I usually use these together with the Tena Comfort Maxi pads when I go out (this is not what I got the pads prescribed for but I feel much more secure being out and about when I know I don't have to worry about finding a toilet in time). I hope that you will be able to get the Tena Pants. I think that would be helpful to you.

I will invest in a joy pad or stick for my laptop and try it on there. :) I also tried "way of the exploding fist" as I distinctly remember playing that too, I got to 2nd Dan only on that though lol. Another game I tried is Boulderdash first and second versions, I used to LOVE that game on the C64!

The only joystick that I know of today that would be of the kind that one used back in the day would be the Speedlink Competition Pro. I did a little looking around and it seems quite hard to find it today. I'm probably going to buy one of these if I can find it somewhere. Wow "Way of the exploding fist" ... haven't heard of that game in a very long time. I remember playing Boulder Dash on my C64 back in the day too. Now I love gaming but I'm NOT very good at it. I have all these gaming consoles and even so ... I mean, I enjoy playing games, but - just not very good at it. :)

Oh and here you have a link to a review of the Speedlink Competition Pro: Competition Pro USB Joystick - YouTube

I vaguely remember one of the games that it came with, I think it was called Oscar.

I remember that game, not so much from the Amiga 1200 (since I only ever owned an Amiga 500) - a powerful, upgraded and "supercharged" one, but still. Though I remember trying the game briefly on my second cousins Commdore CD32 console (sometime back in 1991/1992).

As cannot always sit and use my laptop, I became heavily reliant on my smartphone to keep in touch with the world, so I am very used to typing on it and playing games on it. :) it is rare for one to see me without it! ;)

Yay! That would be great! :) I would really appreciate that. :) *waits patiently for you to gain pm priveledges* :)
actually, you could converse with me regarding the music on my one of my web hosting email addresses ,
I don't mind giving that out in public. :) [email protected]

You know, you could have written me a private message to give me your e-mail address if you wanted to do that, but I guess if you're okay with posting an e-mail address of yours here then that's fine too. You can expect an e-mail from me a little while after I post this reply...

If/When you trust me enough to give your address to me, I guess I could help you out there by buying them and posting them out to you, it would probably be quite a bit in postage costs though, I guess it depends how much you want plastic backed. Personally I cannot stand plastic backed mainly because I'm about 4 stone overweight so a combination of being fat and the nappies being plastic backed means they make me sweat something awful down there. Even with constantly trying to keep myself clean and dry,

I thank you for your kind offer and I'll write more about this in the e-mail that I'm sending to you soon. I can definitely see how for you the cloth backed diapers/pads would be a better option and I agree with you that the plastic backed kind makes you sweat bad. But I guess it's just what I grew up with as a child, and also the kind of diapers that were available when I first found out about being into diapers. I still remember those first Pampers Phases 15-25 kg diapers I bought. So thick and so crinkly, and they had this wonderful smell to them. I just love the crinkly noise they make... :)

I don't know the make and model off-hand, I will look tomorrow when madame is at school so she doesn't moan at me for entering her domain. ;) (typical teenager!) Plus its 11:23 here so she will be asleep.

No worries, no rush. I was just curious. As for myself I have a Yamaha CLP-811 digital piano over at my parents that they let me buy back in 1998 after having had an old used "school piano" for years and years. They wanted to be certain that I would keep playing the piano before investing in something more expensive. Then back in 2007 I bought a Yamaha Tyros2 keyboard after first having seen demonstrations of it and then having visited this music store to try it out. It was VERY expensive but my parents put up the money and let me pay it off in installments so that worked out great.

And then when I moved into my own apartment in 2008 I couldn't take the CLP-811 with me because it was too big, but I quickly found that I needed a digital piano in addition to the keyboard because a keyboard and a digital piano feels very much different to play on. So I bought the Yamaha P-155 digital piano some years ago. Very happy with all of my instruments that I have now. :)

I noticed in your reply that you live in Sweden, from the photos I have seen, it is an absolutely lovely place to live. :)
Hope you are settling in well. :)

Yeah, I mean, Sweden is a beautiful place to be. I think you'd enjoy coming here on vacation. As for settling in, I think I'm probably as settled in as I can get considering I was adopted to Sweden when I was only 2 months old or thereabout. So yeah it's funny that I feel the way I do. It's something that's very difficult to explain. I feel grateful to be living here as I'm sure there are MANY places much worse to be, but at the same time it's like I have a really hard time "fitting in" even though I've been raised here and everything. The mentality of Swedes... the Jante Law... It's just not me...

Oh and if you're wondering what the Jante law is: Law of Jante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

daLira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
That wouldn't happen to be the Banzai magazine you are talking about, would it? *__*
What else should it be ^_^, so yes. But also Daisuki, which is sadly also discontinued since 1 year by now, as you may know too perhaps.

By the way... how rude! You are asking me without giving LittleJulie a welcome? ^_-

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
By the way... how rude! You are asking me without giving LittleJulie a welcome? ^_-

DaLira, thank you so much for sticking up for me like that, but really it's okay. I'll be replying to your other reply to me very soon, though I possibly won't get to it until tomorrow as I am quite tired here and I want to be able to sit down and write a good reply. :)

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

Rikachan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Oh! I was sooo~ sure I already did!

Hi LittleJulie! =D I'm sure you will find that the people here are really nice (if you haven't already thanks to the nice welcome by daLira, KimbaStarshine, CaptainVimes and co). Whatever it is that you wanna talk about, whether it's something sad or funny or just something you find interesting, we are right here for you. =) I noticed we share a few interests as well! I also love lots of different kinds of music (especially indie pop/rock, bebop jazz and idm), and I share your love for older games! (I'm currently playing Monkey Island 2 for the first time)

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Hi LittleJulie! =D I'm sure you will find that the people here are really nice (if you haven't already thanks to the nice welcome by daLira, KimbaStarshine, CaptainVimes and co).

Hello Rikachan!

I already feel so welcomed here. Everyone has been so wonderful to me and quite honestly I could've never imagined. And now you're welcoming me too. I'm getting a little bit emotional here to be honest. But yeah just... thank you so much.

Whatever it is that you wanna talk about, whether it's something sad or funny or just something you find interesting, we are right here for you. =)

I have a number of things that I want to talk about. First and foremost I guess the thing that is the reason why I decided to finally join this community but it's kind of a complex topic for me, very personal, and intensely bittersweet so I just haven't figured out yet how to start bringing it up and in which part of the forum I would do best in posting it. I know it's silly but I really feel like I don't want to do wrong on the forum - posting in the wrong place etc...

Then there are the very mixed feelings I have when it comes to my feeling like a little girl and my ponderings on the topic of if I'm a DL and LG or actually an ABDL/LG ... The way this works for me is quite complex... as you'll see when I get around to finally making that post about it.

Along with all of this there's also me getting older - I mean, I'm by no means super old yet, but... and my parents getting older, and my mom being sick, and the thoughts of the future, what'll happen when I'm alone (I don't have any siblings) and how those thoughts sometimes scare me.

I'm not desperate for companionship at all... I'm actually questioning if I could live with someone or if I'd feel caged in...

It's just that sometimes I feel so alone... I wish I could find someone who loves me just as I am, and who I could love back in the same way. To find that someone who I can feel safe with. That someone who I know won't laugh at me and who'll understand the little part in me. I'm not trying to turn this post into a personal ad ... but just ... I have NO IDEA what to do when it comes to these things... sorry for going on and on about this... I should probably make a separate thread in a suitable place for this.

This always happens when I start writing.

... but of course I want to talk about all sorts of different things with all of you (I don't think that needs to be stated, but I'm saying it anyway!)

I noticed we share a few interests as well! I also love lots of different kinds of music (especially indie pop/rock, bebop jazz and idm), and I share your love for older games! (I'm currently playing Monkey Island 2 for the first time)

I actually don't know much of Indie pop/rock music aside from Angela Aki that I mentioned before who actually released her first album on some Indie label in the U.S before she went back to Japan and got that record deal with Sony Music. I listen to so many different kinds of music. Smooth Jazz, New Age (piano stuff mostly, like Jim Brickman, Yiruma etc.), a lot of different anime music and j-pop... Western pop, country music... Techno, Dubstep... basically anything and everything that I deem to be good music :) Also having become a Brony back in 2012 I discovered a whole bunch of different musical styles that I'd never heard before then...

About older games, if you've just started playing Monkey Island 2 for the first time you're in for a wonderful experience. This is a perfect example of how you're supposed to make GOOD adventure games. I wish Lucasart Games would still be around today and making games like this. I don't know which version of the game you're playing but I would suggest you play the original version (not the remake they released some time ago), because the interface is entirely different from the original in that one. Of course the graphics are "better" and all that but it's not that oldskool feeling anymore...

Thank you once again for your warm welcome. I really truly appreciate it!
Oh and if you don't mind me asking ... where's that avatar of yours from it's super cute! :)

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

Rikachan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello Rikachan!

I already feel so welcomed here. Everyone has been so wonderful to me and quite honestly I could've never imagined. And now you're welcoming me too. I'm getting a little bit emotional here to be honest. But yeah just... thank you so much.

I have a number of things that I want to talk about. First and foremost I guess the thing that is the reason why I decided to finally join this community but it's kind of a complex topic for me, very personal, and intensely bittersweet so I just haven't figured out yet how to start bringing it up and in which part of the forum I would do best in posting it. I know it's silly but I really feel like I don't want to do wrong on the forum - posting in the wrong place etc...

That's totally, completely alright! I too always feel very... cautious, I guess, whenever I join a new community. Especially when joining a community that is about these sorta personal things like AB/DLism, I always feel like I just. can't. mess up, because otherwise I might lose this special place, if that makes sense. But please, please don't worry. You will find all kinds of people here, with all kinds of attitudes, backgrounds, personalities, views and hobbies, and still this is a really tight-knit community, so there is really no reason to worry. Personally, I would say this is one of the warmest, most welcoming communities I have ever visited, so please feel comfortable expressing yourself here. =)

Then there are the very mixed feelings I have when it comes to my feeling like a little girl and my ponderings on the topic of if I'm a DL and LG or actually an ABDL/LG ... The way this works for me is quite complex... as you'll see when I get around to finally making that post about it.

I look forward to it! It can be quite a difficult subject, because there are so many things that factor into it and so many feelings go into it. I myself still have a little trouble figuring out where I stand on it, so yeah...

Along with all of this there's also me getting older - I mean, I'm by no means super old yet, but... and my parents getting older, and my mom being sick, and the thoughts of the future, what'll happen when I'm alone (I don't have any siblings) and how those thoughts sometimes scare me.

I'm not desperate for companionship at all... I'm actually questioning if I could live with someone or if I'd feel caged in...

It's just that sometimes I feel so alone... I wish I could find someone who loves me just as I am, and who I could love back in the same way. To find that someone who I can feel safe with. That someone who I know won't laugh at me and who'll understand the little part in me. I'm not trying to turn this post into a personal ad ... but just ... I have NO IDEA what to do when it comes to these things... sorry for going on and on about this... I should probably make a separate thread in a suitable place for this.

Yeah, I think I know what you mean... I found that talking about it can help at least somewhat though.

This always happens when I start writing.

Don't worry. I totally do the same thing sometimes, and then I worry "Oh, did I say too much? Should I have phrased things a different way or in a different place?". But as you can see, there's really nothing wrong with that. That's what this place is about, really, haha. Expressing and sharing your feelings with others. =)

... but of course I want to talk about all sorts of different things with all of you (I don't think that needs to be stated, but I'm saying it anyway!)

Hehe ^_^

I actually don't know much of Indie pop/rock music aside from Angela Aki that I mentioned before who actually released her first album on some Indie label in the U.S before she went back to Japan and got that record deal with Sony Music. I listen to so many different kinds of music. Smooth Jazz, New Age (piano stuff mostly, like Jim Brickman, Yiruma etc.), a lot of different anime music and j-pop... Western pop, country music... Techno, Dubstep... basically anything and everything that I deem to be good music :)

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! I *love* Jim Brickman and Yiruma! ^.^ I have had Jim Brickman's "Grace" and "Homecoming" and Yiruma's "First Love" and "From the Yellow Room" in my collection for ages, and they have sweetened up many a sunny afternoon for me! Are you into new age played on other instruments as well, perchance? If so, try Andy McKee's album "Art of Motion". He plays guitar, but in what I think is called percussionist style, and it's just sooo relaxing.

Also having become a Brony back in 2012 I discovered a whole bunch of different musical styles that I'd never heard before then...

I know, right! Like Eurobeat Brony. I'm not really into that kinda music normally, but the songs just kinda seem to work well in so many different genres!

About older games, if you've just started playing Monkey Island 2 for the first time you're in for a wonderful experience. This is a perfect example of how you're supposed to make GOOD adventure games. I wish Lucasart Games would still be around today and making games like this. I don't know which version of the game you're playing but I would suggest you play the original version (not the remake they released some time ago), because the interface is entirely different from the original in that one. Of course the graphics are "better" and all that but it's not that oldskool feeling anymore...

I'm playing the original for just that reason. I am kinda looking forward to Double Fine's upcoming game! A point-and-click adventure developed by Tim Schafer just can't be bad!

Thank you once again for your warm welcome. I really truly appreciate it!
Oh and if you don't mind me asking ... where's that avatar of yours from it's super cute! :)

Thank you for being here! The picture is by a famous japanese illustrator named Kantoku. =)

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Interesting that you should mention using mesh disposable pants with your pads. That's one of the things that the district nurse and the incontinence coordinator had me try and I just absolutely hated it. Now you're absolutely right in saying that the normal briefs doesn't work very well at all. Maybe when they're brand new, but if you've worn them for a while they get stretched out and so doesn't hold the pad securely. I got some kind of disposable pants that were not mesh in the end and they work great. Abrifix Leaf Super they're called. I usually use these together with the Tena Comfort Maxi pads when I go out (this is not what I got the pads prescribed for but I feel much more secure being out and about when I know I don't have to worry about finding a toilet in time). I hope that you will be able to get the Tena Pants. I think that would be helpful to you.

Thank you, I will have a look at the Tena pants online, in case I cannot get them on NHS.

The only joystick that I know of today that would be of the kind that one used back in the day would be the Speedlink Competition Pro. I did a little looking around and it seems quite hard to find it today. I'm probably going to buy one of these if I can find it somewhere. Wow "Way of the exploding fist" ... haven't heard of that game in a very long time. I remember playing Boulder Dash on my C64 back in the day too. Now I love gaming but I'm NOT very good at it. I have all these gaming consoles and even so ... I mean, I enjoy playing games, but - just not very good at it. :)

Oh and here you have a link to a review of the Speedlink Competition Pro: Competition Pro USB Joystick - YouTube

I am the same, I love playing games but my hand eye coordination is hopeless, even before being so poorly my coordination was highly questionable! ;)

I remember that game, not so much from the Amiga 1200 (since I only ever owned an Amiga 500) - a powerful, upgraded and "supercharged" one, but still. Though I remember trying the game briefly on my second cousins Commdore CD32 console (sometime back in 1991/1992).

I havent heard of the CD32, my Amiga 1200 was my last Commodore masterpiece. ;)

You know, you could have written me a private message to give me your e-mail address if you wanted to do that, but I guess if you're okay with posting an e-mail address of yours here then that's fine too. You can expect an e-mail from me a little while after I post this reply...

Yeah, I realised that after I posted it on the forum, but the email address I gave you is just the one I use for my self-hosted Wordpress blog so it is never too busy and the anti-spam on my webhost is rather impressive.

I thank you for your kind offer and I'll write more about this in the e-mail that I'm sending to you soon. I can definitely see how for you the cloth backed diapers/pads would be a better option and I agree with you that the plastic backed kind makes you sweat bad. But I guess it's just what I grew up with as a child, and also the kind of diapers that were available when I first found out about being into diapers. I still remember those first Pampers Phases 15-25 kg diapers I bought. So thick and so crinkly, and they had this wonderful smell to them. I just love the crinkly noise they make... :)

I try very hard not to crinkle as I waddle, but sometimes it just happens. *blush*

No worries, no rush. I was just curious. As for myself I have a Yamaha CLP-811 digital piano over at my parents that they let me buy back in 1998 after having had an old used "school piano" for years and years. They wanted to be certain that I would keep playing the piano before investing in something more expensive. Then back in 2007 I bought a Yamaha Tyros2 keyboard after first having seen demonstrations of it and then having visited this music store to try it out. It was VERY expensive but my parents put up the money and let me pay it off in installments so that worked out great.

And then when I moved into my own apartment in 2008 I couldn't take the CLP-811 with me because it was too big, but I quickly found that I needed a digital piano in addition to the keyboard because a keyboard and a digital piano feels very much different to play on. So I bought the Yamaha P-155 digital piano some years ago. Very happy with all of my instruments that I have now. :)

I would love an analogue or digital piano tbh, but we have nowhere to store either.

Yeah, I mean, Sweden is a beautiful place to be. I think you'd enjoy coming here on vacation. As for settling in, I think I'm probably as settled in as I can get considering I was adopted to Sweden when I was only 2 months old or thereabout. So yeah it's funny that I feel the way I do. It's something that's very difficult to explain. I feel grateful to be living here as I'm sure there are MANY places much worse to be, but at the same time it's like I have a really hard time "fitting in" even though I've been raised here and everything. The mentality of Swedes... the Jante Law... It's just not me...

Oh and if you're wondering what the Jante law is: Law of Jante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

I meant settled into the forum . ;)

Will have a look at Jante law later on in the morning, I am going to bugger off back to bed now. :)

Kindest regards,

Vimes x

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Where it fits, is kinda simple, just post it in the AB section. The lg/sissy also works, but I think it would be better in the first section. And just take your time, you're in no hurry, or are you? *giggles*

Thank you for your help and suggestions. And no I'm definitely not in any rush. My intention is to become a part of this forum and community. I'm just thinking about how to write about these things that I want to talk about. I'll probably end up doing the same thing I did with the introduction that I wrote. I'll just start somewhere and keep writing, trying my best to get across what I want to say...

I'll try to look for some threads, where you might get an idea how to write about it... I guess, I'll pm you the links, though you can't answer me, till you're established, but you can still read it, as far as I know.

I would really appreciate it if you'd do this for me, and yes I believe that I'll be able to read private messages from you even though I won't be able to reply to them just yet. However the way things are going I predict I'll have reached the 20 posts required in ... 10 seconds flat... /)*(\

And especially from my childhood, where I didn't know a word in english... The german dubbing has been discontinued a lot of times, so I ended up owning nearly all Manga from Ranma 1/2, DNAngel, and so on... Eeehh I've gone offtopic... so anyway, you're right. Who in the world would rewatch something, which they didn't like. Though if it's going above 5 times, it may be too much. ._.

I was already fluent in english when I took an interest in anime and manga for the first time, but I have also experienced just that which you talk about. Back when anime started getting popular in Sweden they had this manga magazine that came out once a month with a number of different mangas in them. I used to subscribe to this one, and then stopped the publication. Also same thing with some manga translated into Swedish like Love Hina, and Chobits for example... I don't think that they ever finished these in Swedish sadly enough. Also about rewatching things I don't think I ever did watch any anime more than 2-3 times. Of course I can still come back and watch old favorites, pull up the best episodes etc...

The amount of Shōjo is too high! I'm just kidding, but I guess that's your favorite genre in general?

Yes, I think shoujo would have to be my favorite genre. I guess that the shoujo anime appeals to the part in me that feels like a little girl? It just makes me happy to watch these kinds of anime. But more to the point I think is that I enjoy slice-of-life stuff. Getting to experience an anime characters point of view of living life, through good times, and bad times, and growing as a person and gaining knowledge of themselves. Shows that has a good message or can teach you something, the ones that make me feel something when I watch them... I tend to stay away from dark and brutal stuff. That's not my thing at all.

Anyway, K-On is something special and still rather new, and that it's your favorite... even more. I'm always forgetting this one... don't ask me why, but it's great! Seems like you're kinda obsessed with K-On ;). Are you also into other merchandise stuff, like anime figures, plushies or similar?

I don't know if you can call me obsessed with K-On just that there were more things surrounding this anime that I wanted to buy, so I did. Some of the things you couldn't get outside of Japan so those I had to import if I wanted them at all. Anime figures and plushies isn't really something I'm into much at all - but not because I don't want to. It's more to do with the fact that figures and plushies usually are *quite* expensive so I just decided to not go there.

As for your question of which my favorite character is on K-On, I don't really want to answer that question as it would be very hard to say. It's like I care about all of the characters equally as much. It's exactly the same way that I feel about ponies. Sure, I think that my favorite ponies are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy (she's a lot like me sometimes), Lyra Heartstrings, Derpy, Dj Pon3 and Octavia, but even though I say this I love all the ponies of the mane 6. I wouldn't ever want for any one of the ponies to be taken away, that would break the group dynamic that they have going.

...and it's the exact same thing with K-On, everyone in the group "bring something to the table"... and it wouldn't be the same if one of them weren't there... but I guess I can say that I relate mostly to Mugi-chan since she plays the piano and keyboard just like me, and she's got good taste in synthesizers having made the Korg Triton Extreme 76 key model her instrument of choice. Having said that I feel like I care about all of the characters in K-On in some way shape or form... they're all special.

However, my english still has... a lot of room for improvement. But I like to use the simple excuse that I just started to learn it in the 9. grade, so with the age of 14, which is kinda late ^_-. I know a lame excuse... and I still like english, a lot, since it just sounds way different as german and my native language, french, which has been the first foreign language in our school...

Whatever you do don't feel bad about your English. I think you have an excellent grasp of the language as much as I've been able to see you use it in writing. Also as you're saying that your native language is French, then that would mean that you know French, German and English and then a little bit of Swedish (or a lot?), and at least a little bit of Japanese too. I'd say that is pretty impressive. Myself I speak, read and write Swedish and English fluently. I can understand maybe 98% of spoken Norwegian (Bokmål), and I have a *slight* grasp of Japanese. I can understand very simple stuff.

You can probably kill me with hiragana, katagana and kanji... I can't wrap my head around it so far, but I have to say... I've been also kinda lazy regarding this. But as a teacher from a friend, who's studying the Japanese language, once mentioned. After years!... you can be happy if you're able to distinguish the weather from the world end in a japenese newspaper ^_-.

Getting a pretty solid grasp of Hiragana and Katakana isn't that difficult - that's in fact the simple part. As I'm sure you know Hiragana and Katakana are phonetic alphabets used for Japanese words, and foreign loanwords respectively. These two contains largely the same sounds but with a few additions for Katakana. I'm decent at reading most of the Hiragana script and haven't really worked on Katakana since Ponies got in the way for me.

The kanji are the hard ones. Now there are better ways of learning those kanji's than the traditional textbook approach where you could attain a solid grasp of them within ~2 years or so if you keep at it. If you like you can check out the teaching material at TextFugu | Online Japanese Textbook For Self-Teaching Japanese I firmly believe that it's a good way to truly learn Japanese, but you have to stick with it consistently. Which I haven't done so that's why I don't know much.

The japanese version of windows! And a keyboard sounds exciting, really! Sadly I never had the chance to hold one in my hands. I've just seen some pictures and always started to wonder how the switching works...

It's not really that complicated how those extra buttons work, they're just to work in conjunction with the Japanese Input Method Editor or IME. All just to make it easier, but you can just as well use a German keyboard to write in japanese. All you need to do is install a Japanese keyboard (comes with Windows as standard but you need to add it yourself) then you hit ALT+(the key above the TAB key and below the ESC key) to switch to japanese input. If you then write WATASHIHASOKOSHINIHONGOWAKARIMASU and hit space you will get 私少し日本語若い増す = I understand a little japanese. also if you write your screen name "DARIIRA" and want it in Katakana then you hit F7. :) Welll that's a simplified explanation but should give you somewhat of an idea....

Before I forget to ask... are you also Korean-speaking? Though it may be a silly question, since you've been a baby, but perhaps you're anyway interested in the language, especially since it would be your native... I think.

I will say this, I have looked into learning Korean since it would be considered my native language but I have found that THE ENTIRE LANGUAGE is nothing but a HUGE tongue twister, so after having tried just a little I kinda gave up on that. I know "Kamsah Hamnidah" and "Tupsidah!" and that's about where my knowledge of Korean ends. :)

Furthermore... I also know this feeling if you somehow feel in the wrong place. I'm not really fond of most german attitudes, especially that in some places, where people tend to stare at you way too much... but luckily it ain't everywhere this way, since a lot cities are simply... multicultural.
Well I live in a pretty small place personally though not too far away from Stockholm. But going in there feels kinda stressful for me since I have quite a bad sense of direction and also doesn't handle big places with lots of people very well at all. I don't really know what I could do about this feeling of not fitting into Swedish society very well. If I ever found someone to be with I would be open to moving away from Sweden even though that would scare me quite a bit too as there would be a lot of stuff that would have to be dealt with such as having an income etc. etc. But for now it's like I'm "stuck" here. Sweden isn't a SUPER BAD place to be, just I feel so out of place sometimes. And I've always felt that way ever since I was a kid...

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, I will have a look at the Tena pants online, in case I cannot get them on NHS.

I hope you can work it out somehow, if you don't mind please let me know if you manage to solve it somehow. I think that you'll be able to buy the Tena Pants cheaper in the U.K than I would here in Sweden since here if you have a problem with holding your pee or poo you have to (or are at least expected to visit a specialized district nurse to get evalutaed and to get a prescription for the diapers or pads that you need) and if you choose not to do that and want to buy the diapers yourself then they more often than not charge you ridiculous amounts of money for this. So I feel very happy that I was able to seek help when I started wetting the bed because of emotional stress.

I am the same, I love playing games but my hand eye coordination is hopeless, even before being so poorly my coordination was highly questionable! ;) I havent heard of the CD32, my Amiga 1200 was my last Commodore masterpiece. ;)

It's good to hear that I'm not alone when it comes to sucking at gaming (but still loving it though!). About the CD32 that is a machine that came out after the Amiga 1200. It's not an actual computer but more of a gaming console. CD based. It wasn't very successful and disappeared quickly from the market. You could also buy an unofficial add-on for it that made it into a computer, but that was quite expensive as I remember.... The hardware in this system is basically the same as the Amiga 1200... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQXN0y0smI

Yeah, I realised that after I posted it on the forum, but the email address I gave you is just the one I use for my self-hosted Wordpress blog so it is never too busy and the anti-spam on my webhost is rather impressive.

I e-mailed you at the e-mail address you specified, hoping that you got the e-mail and the link to the download. Please let me know if you didn't. If you did I'm kinda curious to find out what you think of my piano playing.

I try very hard not to crinkle as I waddle, but sometimes it just happens. *blush*

Yeah I doubt I would be using plastic backed diapers when I'm out and about. I usually use either the Tena Pants or a combination of fixation pants and a pad when I go out to not make it TOO obvious that I'm wearing diapers. I'd probably only use plastic backed diapers at home.

I meant settled into the forum . ;) Will have a look at Jante law later on in the morning, I am going to bugger off back to bed now. :)

I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you there. Crawling back into bed sure sounds nice. I did no such thing myself though. Stayed up watching some anime and having a little bit to eat. Then I finally got around to replying to people just now.

Kindest regards,
LittleJulie.

Last edited:

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
That's totally, completely alright! I too always feel very... cautious, I guess, whenever I join a new community. Especially when joining a community that is about these sorta personal things like AB/DLism, I always feel like I just. can't. mess up, because otherwise I might lose this special place, if that makes sense.

Good to hear that I'm not alone in feeling this way, and yes that's exactly how I feel about having joined this forum, that it seems to be such a nice place, with a lot of kind people that I can talk about these things with and I just don't want to do anything to lose it. I don't really see that it would come to pass that I do something so bad that I will be asked to leave, but I actually feel like I want to make this place a "home" so of course I want to do right both for my own sake and for the sake of others on this forum.

But please, please don't worry... still this is a really tight-knit community, so there is really no reason to worry. Personally, I would say this is one of the warmest, most welcoming communities I have ever visited, so please feel comfortable expressing yourself here. =)

And I believe you're right in what you're saying. I've only been actively posting since I first wrote my introduction here, and became a member just before that. I'd been coming here just reading some of the discussions that I could access without a membership, and also reading some interesting articles, but then this thing happened that I will write a separate thread about...

I look forward to it! It can be quite a difficult subject, because there are so many things that factor into it and so many feelings go into it. I myself still have a little trouble figuring out where I stand on it, so yeah...

I think for me it's mostly the "how to get started" and perhaps also the fear of what some people will say in response. Now I know the chance that someone will be real mean in responding wouldn't be very likely but even so, just as you say it's a difficult subject because there are so many feelings and maybe some confusion in oneself as to how one feels about it. For myself I think I know pretty much where I stand, while there's confusion regarding some things....

Yeah, I think I know what you mean... I found that talking about it can help at least somewhat though.

This whole thing concerning having a relationship with someone, finding love and all that stuff, it's a very tough subject for me. I'll have to start a new thread separately for talking about this I think. I just hope that the admins here won't mind long initial postings because it feels like whichever topic I am going to start out talking about and creating a new thread - there will be a lot that I'll need to write...

...and then I worry "Oh, did I say too much? Should I have phrased things a different way or in a different place?". But as you can see, there's really nothing wrong with that. That's what this place is about, really, haha. Expressing and sharing your feelings with others. =)

I find that sometimes I can be like that too, especially if it's something that I care a lot about I can sometimes "say too much", but I generally hold a strong dislike for conflict so as far and as much as possible I just want to get along with everybody. Like, I just want to treat everybody well, and be treated well by others...

Oh my god oh my god oh my god! I *love* Jim Brickman and Yiruma! ^.^ I have had Jim Brickman's "Grace" and "Homecoming" and Yiruma's "First Love" and "From the Yellow Room" in my collection for ages, and they have sweetened up many a sunny afternoon for me!

When I sit down at the piano to improvise stuff it usually sounds a little bit like Jim Brickman. I absolutely love this kind of music. And Yiruma too, though I have to say I don't like everything that he's put out. I am also a HUGE fan of Kyle Landry... I'm nowhere NEAR his skill level but I just LOVE the way he plays the piano. He injects such emotion, and such dynamics into his performances. Be prepared to be completely blown away if you haven't heard any of his stuff before Kyle Landry Piano Instrumentals - YouTube I also find it quite funny that he's actually using the same digital piano as the one I have - the Yamaha P155.

Are you into new age played on other instruments as well, perchance? If so, try Andy McKee's album "Art of Motion". He plays guitar, but in what I think is called percussionist style, and it's just sooo relaxing.

I'm absolutely open to new age music played on guitar or any other instrument so I will try to find out more about this album you mention as soon as I have finished writing this post. If you'd like to hear my piano playing sometime I would be happy to let you do so, but I thnk we'd have to wait at least until I get the privilige to send private messages - then I can send you a link... let me know if you would be interested in this. I have a small "home studio" where I mess around with music, singing and playing the piano, synthesizer and keyboard... so I did record some improvisations a while back.

I know, right! Like Eurobeat Brony. I'm not really into that kinda music normally...

It's interesting that you would mention this as I recognized EuroBrony's style from these OLD ParaParaDance tracks that were popular a number of years ago, and just like you I'm not really so much into that style of music, but some of this Eurobeat remixes of Pony songs has been great!

I'm playing the original for just that reason. I am kinda looking forward to Double Fine's upcoming game! A point-and-click adventure developed by Tim Schafer just can't be bad!

Oh man I think I read about that someplace, but I had completely forgotten about it. Do you know when it'll come out you think? I'm hoping that they've been able to retain some of the feel of the old adventure games from Lucasart and Mr. Schafer in this new game, then it'll be completely awesome I'm sure. Also I don't know if you're a big fan of the game series Wing Commander? I used to love these as a kid/teen and I remember how I drooled over Wing Commander 3 Heart Of The Tiger when that came out. Now the same guy who were responsible for those games is releasing Star Citizen.... absolutely jawdroppingly amazing visuals. This is one game that I'm really looking forward to....

Thank you for being here! The picture is by a famous japanese illustrator named Kantoku. =)

Thank YOU for being so welcoming and kind to me. And thank you also for letting me know the name of that illustrator. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the fiull size version of your avatar picture. Will try to search for stuff by this guy online.

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I would really appreciate it if you'd do this
I hope you can work it out somehow, if you don't mind please let me know if you manage to solve it somehow. I think that you'll be able to buy the Tena Pants cheaper in the U.K than I would here in Sweden since here if you have a problem with holding your pee or poo you have to (or are at least expected to visit a specialized district nurse to get evalutaed and to get a prescription for the diapers or pads that you need) and if you choose not to do that and want to buy the diapers yourself then they more often than not charge you ridiculous amounts of money for this. So I feel very happy that I was able to seek help when I started wetting the bed because of emotional stress.

I am under our UK District Nurses for my continence products, I do not have to pay for them :) I actually have a permanent catheter fitted so I shouldn't really need diapers, but with the fecal incontinence I still have to use them. I am waiting for another continence assessment to change me to fecal pads.

It's good to hear that I'm not alone when it comes to sucking at gaming (but still loving it though!). About the CD32 that is a machine that came out after the Amiga 1200. It's not an actual computer but more of a gaming console. CD based. It wasn't very successful and disappeared quickly from the market. You could also buy an unofficial add-on for it that made it into a computer, but that was quite expensive as I remember.... The hardware in this system is basically the same as the Amiga 1200... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aQXN0y0smI

I e-mailed you at the e-mail address you specified, hoping that you got the e-mail and the link to the download. Please let me know if you didn't. If you did I'm kinda curious to find out what you think of my piano playing.

I have received the email and replied to it too! :)

Yeah I doubt I would be using plastic backed diapers when I'm out and about. I usually use either the Tena Pants or a combination of fixation pants and a pad when I go out to not make it TOO obvious that I'm wearing diapers. I'd probably only use plastic backed diapers at home.

I currently wear my Tena Comfort Super all the time and sometimes if I move funny, they make a noise, maybe this would be different in fixation pants?

I'm so sorry for misunderstanding you there. Crawling back into bed sure sounds nice. I did no such thing myself though. Stayed up watching some anime and having a little bit to eat. Then I finally got around to replying to people just now.

Kindest regards,
LittleJulie.

heheh, I started replying to you in the evening, but I fell asleep in doing so, when I woke up very early in the morning, I realised I was still mid-post, so I thought I would finish it off before going back to sleep.

Hope you are not too tired?

Best wishes

Vimes x

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I am under our UK District Nurses for my continence products, I do not have to pay for them :) I actually have a permanent catheter fitted so I shouldn't really need diapers, but with the fecal incontinence I still have to use them. I am waiting for another continence assessment to change me to fecal pads.

I'm under the Swedish equivalent of that too for my bedwetting issues, so I get the diapers and pants and everything also without having to pay for them. Actually if I were to pay for them they cost so much I probably couldn't afford them. They've made it so that you're forced to go to the district nurse for stuff like this even if you don't want to or feel too embarrassed about it, but then when I started bedwetting due to emotional stress like 2 years ago I figured why not. But yeah go to the district nurse and you get what you need for free otherwise you better be a millionaire to be able to afford it .... :-(

Having to deal with fecal incontinence must be quite trying at times I can imagine. To manage it when out in public. Peeing isn't so bad, then you can just make sure you drink a lot and if you pee it won't smell, but when it comes to the poo it's quite different. I read somewhere that taking chlorophyll pills can reduce and/or remove the odor of the feces. I don't know if this is 100% correct as I've never tried it myself, but just thought I'd mention it...

I have received the email and replied to it too! :)

For some reason I did NOT get your reply, so if you still have it could you please try sending it again, and if possible send it as a private message to me here on the board. I can read private messages, and then I can reply via e-mail to you until I've figured out why I don't see your e-mail...

I currently wear my Tena Comfort Super all the time and sometimes if I move funny, they make a noise, maybe this would be different in fixation pants?

I would recommend the Abena fixation pants that I'm using, they make the pad stay in place, and is light and comfortable. Though I think the pad will always make a little noise regardless. I wear my pads under my jeans when out and about and I think it shows, but other than that it doesn't crinkle when I move. When I want to be more discreet I use the Tena pants instead. They're not as absorbent as the pads (I have the Comfort Maxi pads) but then I can put a kids diaper inside allowing for greater absorbency...

heheh, I started replying to you in the evening, but I fell asleep in doing so, when I woke up very early in the morning, I realised I was still mid-post, so I thought I would finish it off before going back to sleep. Hope you are not too tired?

... Aha I see. And no, everything's fine, I'm not too tired. But sometimes I think it would be nice if I had someone to tuck me into bed at night...

Best wishes,
Little Julie.

daLira

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Sorry for taking that much time to answer!

Thank you for your help and suggestions. And no I'm definitely not in any rush. My intention is to become a part of this forum and community. I'm just thinking about how to write about these things that I want to talk about. I'll probably end up doing the same thing I did with the introduction that I wrote. I'll just start somewhere and keep writing, trying my best to get across what I want to say...

I would really appreciate it if you'd do this for me, and yes I believe that I'll be able to read private messages from you even though I won't be able to reply to them just yet. However the way things are going I predict I'll have reached the 20 posts required in ... 10 seconds flat... /)*(\
Well I'd recommend it, your introduction is really great and it also got a +rep for this reason /)*(\
I also hope that you got my PM and perhaps found something in those threads to furthermore clarify about what you wanna write.
And by the way... I'd probably suggest, if we're talking more and more, or probably way too much ^_-, that we use pm's as soon as you got 20 post's.... since it blast's your introduction probably.

I was already fluent in english when I took an interest in anime and manga for the first time, but I have also experienced just that which you talk about. Back when anime started getting popular in Sweden they had this manga magazine that came out once a month with a number of different mangas in them. I used to subscribe to this one, and then stopped the publication. Also same thing with some manga translated into Swedish like Love Hina, and Chobits for example... I don't think that they ever finished these in Swedish sadly enough. Also about rewatching things I don't think I ever did watch any anime more than 2-3 times. Of course I can still come back and watch old favorites, pull up the best episodes etc...
Kinda sad when they stop to print it for some reasons :'(.... and I have to laugh now ^-^, I never saw an Anime in swedish. I imagine that they're quite funny somehow. German one's tend to be a bit more childish.. in my opinion, though they're really mostly trying to appeal teenager's to watch them.

I'm horrible... regarding rewatching things. I guess, I've watched some of my favorites probably 7-8 times. But over time I also skipped some less ~meaningful episodes.
Although I didn't manage to rewatch Clannad so far... the idea of suffering again is already horrible ^-^.

Yes, I think shoujo would have to be my favorite genre. I guess that the shoujo anime appeals to the part in me that feels like a little girl? It just makes me happy to watch these kinds of anime. But more to the point I think is that I enjoy slice-of-life stuff. Getting to experience an anime characters point of view of living life, through good times, and bad times, and growing as a person and gaining knowledge of themselves. Shows that has a good message or can teach you something, the ones that make me feel something when I watch them... I tend to stay away from dark and brutal stuff. That's not my thing at all.
shoujo is also my favorite for the most part, but I also enjoy some dark one's. Especially cyberpunk and so on... if I'm in the mood.
And I agree, any movie, or similar should have this little detail of trying to tell something... a story with a moral.

I don't know if you can call me obsessed with K-On just that there were more things surrounding this anime that I wanted to buy, so I did. Some of the things you couldn't get outside of Japan so those I had to import if I wanted them at all. Anime figures and plushies isn't really something I'm into much at all - but not because I don't want to. It's more to do with the fact that figures and plushies usually are *quite* expensive so I just decided to not go there.
Heh ^-^... ye it can be quite expensive. I always need to stop myself from getting ruined over it. I'm joking... I'm not that horrible, but over the years I surely spent a lot, probably too much.

As for your question of which my favorite character is on K-On, I don't really want to answer that question as it would be very hard to say. It's like I care about all of the characters equally as much. It's exactly the same way that I feel about ponies. Sure, I think that my favorite ponies are Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy (she's a lot like me sometimes), Lyra Heartstrings, Derpy, Dj Pon3 and Octavia, but even though I say this I love all the ponies of the mane 6. I wouldn't ever want for any one of the ponies to be taken away, that would break the group dynamic that they have going.

...and it's the exact same thing with K-On, everyone in the group "bring something to the table"... and it wouldn't be the same if one of them weren't there... but I guess I can say that I relate mostly to Mugi-chan since she plays the piano and keyboard just like me, and she's got good taste in synthesizers having made the Korg Triton Extreme 76 key model her instrument of choice. Having said that I feel like I care about all of the characters in K-On in some way shape or form... they're all special.
I understand completely. If it's really something to you love like a 20, based on a scala from 0-10, it ain't something, where you want to distinguish between certain aspects or characters of it. Everyone has a part which is simply great.

Whatever you do don't feel bad about your English. I think you have an excellent grasp of the language as much as I've been able to see you use it in writing. Also as you're saying that your native language is French, then that would mean that you know French, German and English and then a little bit of Swedish (or a lot?), and at least a little bit of Japanese too. I'd say that is pretty impressive. Myself I speak, read and write Swedish and English fluently. I can understand maybe 98% of spoken Norwegian (Bokmål), and I have a *slight* grasp of Japanese. I can understand very simple stuff.
Thank you, but I know it's kinda bad ^_^. But I have to say that your use of the english language is really great. At first I thought that you're a native speaker.... Though come to think of it, I've always felt that way about all people from sweden, which I know. Their english is mostly perfect.
And scratch swedish... I just know some words, but there you can add spanish, though I didn't use it in ages. Una verguenza... mas no se puede cambiar el rumbo de las cosas.
Though spanish is rather easy, if you can speak french already ^-^.
And again, therefore your japanese is also much better, especially since you know a lot of hiragana, katakana and kanji already.

Getting a pretty solid grasp of Hiragana and Katakana isn't that difficult - that's in fact the simple part. As I'm sure you know Hiragana and Katakana are phonetic alphabets used for Japanese words, and foreign loanwords respectively. These two contains largely the same sounds but with a few additions for Katakana. I'm decent at reading most of the Hiragana script and haven't really worked on Katakana since Ponies got in the way for me.

The kanji are the hard ones. Now there are better ways of learning those kanji's than the traditional textbook approach where you could attain a solid grasp of them within ~2 years or so if you keep at it. If you like you can check out the teaching material at TextFugu | Online Japanese Textbook For Self-Teaching Japanese I firmly believe that it's a good way to truly learn Japanese, but you have to stick with it consistently. Which I haven't done so that's why I don't know much.
Thanks for the information, I'll check out textfugu. This really came in handy now. I knew that these were phonetic, kind of, but somehow... well I couldn't wrap my head around it. But since you mentioned it, I've been looking for it again now, makes more sense now ^-^.
Well now it's settled again about what I'm going to do in my free-time.

It's not really that complicated how those extra buttons work, they're just to work in conjunction with the Japanese Input Method Editor or IME. All just to make it easier, but you can just as well use a German keyboard to write in japanese. All you need to do is install a Japanese keyboard (comes with Windows as standard but you need to add it yourself) then you hit ALT+(the key above the TAB key and below the ESC key) to switch to japanese input. If you then write WATASHIHASOKOSHINIHONGOWAKARIMASU and hit space you will get 私少し日本語若い増す = I understand a little japanese. also if you write your screen name "DARIIRA" and want it in Katakana then you hit F7. :) Welll that's a simplified explanation but should give you somewhat of an idea....
Got it... though still complicated for an all day use.

I will say this, I have looked into learning Korean since it would be considered my native language but I have found that THE ENTIRE LANGUAGE is nothing but a HUGE tongue twister, so after having tried just a little I kinda gave up on that. I know "Kamsah Hamnidah" and "Tupsidah!" and that's about where my knowledge of Korean ends. :)
More than I know! Though for me it doesn't sound that bad, but I don't know about how much it may twist your tongue from trying to speak it apparently ^-^.

Well I live in a pretty small place personally though not too far away from Stockholm. But going in there feels kinda stressful for me since I have quite a bad sense of direction and also doesn't handle big places with lots of people very well at all. I don't really know what I could do about this feeling of not fitting into Swedish society very well. If I ever found someone to be with I would be open to moving away from Sweden even though that would scare me quite a bit too as there would be a lot of stuff that would have to be dealt with such as having an income etc. etc. But for now it's like I'm "stuck" here. Sweden isn't a SUPER BAD place to be, just I feel so out of place sometimes. And I've always felt that way ever since I was a kid...

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.
Well I really hope that you may find a place someday, where you feel that you're "at home"! =)

Best wishes.

Grannyweatherwax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

I know this reply was not aimed at me, but I would like to respond anyway, I hope that it is OK to do so.

I also struggle with big places, and lots of people on top is pure hell for me, not only do I get rather frustrated, but I get very scared and uncomfortable too, I would much rather the ground opened up and swallowed me than deal with lots of people bustling around.

I have NEVER felt like I belong anywhere, partly thanks to my family life (I explained a little in my email to you) I am kind of happy where I am right now, with my own little family, but outside these four exterior walls I have quite literally NO-ONE.

I hope that you eventually find Mr/Mrs/M Right and can finally feel at home, after all "Home is where the heart is". :)

Best wishes,

Vimes x

PS. I have replied to your email using my hotmail address, can you check your spam folder if you have not received it?

Last edited:

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I know this reply was not aimed at me, but I would like to respond anyway, I hope that it is OK to do so.
That's fine no need to ask about such a thing...!

I also struggle with big places, and lots of people on top is pure hell for me, not only do I get rather frustrated, but I get very scared and uncomfortable too, I would much rather the ground opened up and swallowed me than deal with lots of people bustling around.

It's quite hard for me to explain what it's like... I am very sociable and enjoy meeting people, but at the same time I'm very sensitive and quite honestly feeling shy around new people. It's a weird combination of feelings. When it comes to big crowds of people I just find that it saps me of all my energy. It's so very tiring to be around a lot of people.

I hope that you eventually find Mr/Mrs/M Right and can finally feel at home, after all "Home is where the heart is". :)

Yeah I really do want to find someone to be with some day but I have such conflicting feelings about it. I indend to make a separate thread about these things soon so I won't write much more about it here but I'll try to explain it all as best I can when I come around to creating a thread about it. It's one of those things I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about having been unable to "figure it out", and also not being able to bounce it with any of my friends because it has to do with the diapers etc too.

P.S I have replied to your email using my hotmail address, can you check your spam folder if you have not received it?
... I'll take a look at it and reply to you as soon as I can though now it's getting late and I need to sleep soon but please wait just a little longer.

Kindest regards,
Little Julie.

JazzBaby

Just Another Diapered Brony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Welcome to the forum LittleJulie. I know I a little late with welcoming, but better late than never. I'm a brony and a sissy / LG too. I've also liked diapers from a very early age too, but only recently started to wear.

Hope to see you around the site.

LittleJulie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Welcome to the forum LittleJulie. I know I a little late with welcoming, but better late than never. I'm a brony and a sissy / LG too. I've also liked diapers from a very early age too, but only recently started to wear.

Hope to see you around the site.

Thank you for your welcome! I really appreciate it! You can be sure that I'll be here on the site! /)*(\

//Little Julie.

Status
Not open for further replies.