• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

Im looking into getting some new headphones, I want to get a fair amount of bass from them to. I mostly listen to stuff like
Techno
YouTube - Justice - Waters of nazereth
YouTube - Firestarter
And also alot of classic rock and instrumental.
YouTube - The Ventures "Walk Don't Run"
Also alot of really mellow jazz.
YouTube - Les Paul - How high the Moon

So its pretty varied music selection IMO, I was thinking because of the techno and the genereal feel of the beats to try and get a very bassy set of headphones. I had skull candy for a while but they broke beyond repair unforunately : (

Role
Private
I personally prefer the Sennheiser HD range. Even the more cheaper models under that heading are still pretty good. I've got a pair of HD 25-SP and they are amazing.

As a side note. I've seen Justice live. Waters of Nazereth was fucking intense. o_O

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I personally prefer the Sennheiser HD range. Even the more cheaper models under that heading are still pretty good. I've got a pair of HD 25-SP and they are amazing.
I'll put in my good word on Sennheisers as well, good response curve and accurate.

RobotRock

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Can't go wrong with Senheisers. And Justice and Prodigy are not techno.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Musicians Friend sells a good pair of Sennheisers for $100.00 I was thinking about getting a pair for myself. They come with a good reputation.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny: AKG 240's are my favorites - that's what I have for my home studio. Retail for about $120? Still a very good choice. :bunny:

S

Secret

Oh sorry you guys I forgot to mention that my budget is around 50-60$ bucks

S

soren456

Not a lot of experience with different brands, but I have Sennheiser HD555s.

Were a Christmas gift. Absolutely great. Very comfortable. I'm completely happy with them.

(Edit: I listen to classical and opera mostly.)

I checked Amazon; they're $90.

I'd avoid wireless. A friend had some and we thought they were "odd." Couldn't put a finger on it--just "odd."

Let us know what you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh sorry you guys I forgot to mention that my budget is around 50-60$ bucks
One more Sennheiser wearer here.

Check out the Sennheiser CX300. I use them while at the gym, and I must say, the comfort is excellent. They also do a great job of blocking out any outside interference, although they aren't completely noise-cancelling. The sound quality is well above that of any other $40 set of ear-buds you can buy. I listen to anything that tickles my fancy, from Elton John and Joni Mitchell to Tori Amos and Tool.

If you're someday looking for a higher-end set of cans; one word: Etymotic.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I also use the Sennheiser CX300 and they're perfect.

I just checked your songs on my iPod and they're keeping up even with the bass. Then again speakers are always better for such bass.

CalebBunny

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy
bose, and skullcandy are nice. if you know someone who works at a best buy or futureshop you can get skullcan for less than half price.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Philips Sports Headphones : Target

that's what I use. It's nothing fancy but you would be surprised how loud they can be. They have decent bass I think, as long as you get a good seal around the ear which isn't to hard to do.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I was talking to a Bose rep yesterday at the airport in Denver. He was pretty knowledgeable and wasn't making any money from me and my friend, and suggested we find a nearby retailer. They sell refurbished Bose headphones for around $50. Every time I use them I have to stop using them after a few hours because of how much base they have. I also can't listen to some types of electronic music because it feels like there are worms in my ears :(

I'm going to get some from a nearby outlet. Another friend of mine who bought a pair has had the same pair for two and a half years and they're still working very well. The rep said that good electronics get better when you use them more.

S

secretdl26

I have the older version of the Sony MDR EX75 headphones. I find mine to have a very good bass response and very consistent range for the quality of sound. The MDR EX75s will be around $40-45 or so.

I would also suggest Sennheisers. They are a great headphone company, and I have owned a cheap, but very good pair of their headphones.

S

soren456

Something weird:

I just rechecked Amazon on the Sennheiser HD555s.

They are now $99.99 (up $10 from yesterday) and are an "Item Under Review."

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Not important, but just thought it was strange.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I had a pair of Sennheiser CX500's which were really good, good tone and depth, they were only £37....until my dog eat them, I replaced them with a pair of Denon AH-551's, which were the best headphones I have ever bought. Fair enough they were £50 but so much bass, but not overly excessive....until my dog eat them aswell. And the pair I have right now are a pair of Panasonic RP-HJE300E's, which I only payed £12 for, they are actually better than my friends CX300's, and when that little shit of a dog shreds them, hey it's only £12.

Status
Not open for further replies.