Having to wear diapers

caitianx said:
I have learned to accept the fact that I have to wear diapers 24 hours a day around the clock.
Now late in life, my A1C level has gone too high into the Diabetes range.
Now I am on Metformin 500mg/Day 24-Hour Extended Release Tablets.
I take it at my Lunch time.
Sigh...
My family genetics strikes again.
My late brother and my Dad were late-onset Diabetes.
I'm so sorry. I know diabetes isn't easy and being in continent doesn't help either. Do you do any exercising and diet to help with diabetes? It could help make a significant difference in A1C levels. I myself am incontinent and wear diapers too so I know the struggles. Being abdl helps me cope.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and mommysgirlthing
Hi pamperbud I was sorta put back into diapers when several yrs ago got more than dribbling my wife didn't want the bed ruined,had no ground to stand on.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jim100
jocastacicely95 said:
Still not natural for me six years here
Me either, great question seeing as you are in a ABD!, incontinence site.,you need to be taken out behind the barn and get a good spanking on your barnyards for asking that!😄!

just kidding, I think all us are here because we like to or have to wear diapers or both.

Reactions: Diprs2 and chuck
Fullpants said:
Me either, great question seeing as you are in a ABD!, incontinence site.,you need to be taken out behind the barn and get a good spanking on your barnyards for asking that!😄!

just kidding, I think all us are here because we like to or have to wear diapers or both.
Not always good.

Reactions: Jim100
no problem for me . I have to wear 24/7 for about 7 years now. The only difficulty i find is if i am not around when my nappys get delivered. Also, finding nappy cream to stop nappy rash. Apart from that I just get on with life in a nappy.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and DiaperGuy08
I wear 24-7 due to diabetes and 2 bouts of severe Keto Acidosis. I leak worse than a colander.

• Haha
I'am very lucky my wife knows about my incontinence and has brought my diapers in the house if not at home.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and Ebabyboy12
sport1 said:
I'am very lucky my wife knows about my incontinence and has brought my diapers in the house if not at home.
Mine too. Happy she helps me.

I have been in diapers 24/7 since birth due to my cp. it’s easy for me and my caregivers

pamperbud20 said:
I'm so sorry. I know diabetes isn't easy and being in continent doesn't help either. Do you do any exercising and diet to help with diabetes? It could help make a significant difference in A1C levels. I myself am incontinent and wear diapers too so I know the struggles. Being abdl helps me cope.
I too take metformin er. I take 1000 mg at lunch and 1000mg at dinner. I was diagnosed at age 51 and am the only one in my family that's diabetic.

Reactions: Diprs2, mommysgirlthing and Jim100
I do if I'm more than a couple minutes away from a bathroom. When I have to go, I HAVE to go. Usually I can get away with pull-ups at work if I'm in the yard. Out on the road I usually wear abenas under my coveralls.

At home it's a mix of abdl and abena. Little paws are my favourite 😍

Reactions: Diprs2 and mommysgirlthing
For me, even though I wear diapers 24/7, sometimes I just "go commando", "bottomless" indoors inside my own home.
My house, my rules.
While bottomless, I stay very close to my plastic pail adult potty chair here in my living room to physically transfer onto it from my wheelchair to pee-pee and poo-poo, with of course toilet paper and baby wipes physically within reach.

Reactions: Diprs2
emp711 said:
You have a great outlook…… I have been wearing full-time again for over 18 years because of my neurogenic bladder related to my cerebral palsy andHave always considered it the best decision I made… The only drawback is that really restricts your social life… There are very few people will respond kindly to can you help me change my diaper
They aren’t going to look very sexy when they)re full, but what ever makes you happy. I’ll stick with just a good old white diaper that doesn’t leak. they are probably easier for you to wear too.
ouch I feel your pain iv’ve had s1, L3, 4&5 fused and I think I just popped another.. I doing ok but almost bed riddden again. I had a huge mess in my diaper this morning, sime Snuck out into my boxerbriefsI was in such pain just to stand! eventually just made myself get up. I don’t think I’ve messed my diaper so bad before. Got showered up, diapers up and back to bed. That’s how my day has been.

Paddy2020 said:
I too take metformin er. I take 1000 mg at lunch and 1000mg at dinner. I was diagnosed at age 51 and am the only one in my family that's diabetic.
I also take metformin at about 50 found out was diabetic soon after became incontinent.

sport1 said:
I also take metformin at about 50 found out was diabetic soon after became incontinent.
I became diabetic at age 51 and suffered 2 severe bouts of keto acidosis that almost killed me. Then I became incontinent. Then I have kidney issues from the diabetes. I'm a walking mess these days.

Lucky just the incontinence won't kill you, and keep the diabetes under control.

I am watching my diet now.

Reactions: Diprs2 and pamperbud20
Taking Seroquel for bipolar disorder kind of tipped the scale from having been a rarely bedwetter (well since high school) to fairly common after. Before that med, I wet maybe once or twice a year. After that it was a few times a few times a week. And prior to Seroque, the dribbling after peeing was light enough to just evaporate without leaving a mark. My wife requested me to wear diapers at night after a few wet sets of bedding. After a hospitalization last year, I am no longer on Seroquel, but the wetting got worse after discontinuing. That’s where I started wearing 24/7. It is humiliating to having an accident in front of other people... And then having to wait until a nurse to call an on call doctor to get an order for diapers. Also, the sickest irony is that is my wife had brought them to me so they were already there. Being a diaper lover Is fun, but needing to wear them is a different beast. The meds that may be causing the incontinence are working for the bipolar are working perfectly so there is no way that I am going to change them though. The list of meds is ridiculously long, as I am also on stroke meds and others. Hard to know which combination could cause the incontinence. Hence i am incontinent diapered 24/7. Preferable to being suicidal or otherwise off the rails or even dead.

caitianx said:
I am watching my diet now.
I’m glad to hear that. You can do it buddy.😀😀😀. I know incontinence isn't easy. Just keep making great choices diet wise and your going to be fine.

Like I said the incontinence is a pain but won't kill you good luck.

Back