Having to wear diapers

LonelyFOX said:
I have urinary leakage due to weak pelvic muscles and then I have to cope with wearing protective underwear or diapers as the special needs children.
It was kind of hard transitioning from regular underwear to diapers.
Then one of the nurses suggested me to wear women's protective underwear if I would like to keep wearing my favorite jeans, shorts and pants because they have the look, fit and comfort of the feminine underwear.
It's better to look feminine and sexy, than wet, stinky and embarrassed.
You have a great outlook…… I have been wearing full-time again for over 18 years because of my neurogenic bladder related to my cerebral palsy andHave always considered it the best decision I made… The only drawback is that really restricts your social life… There are very few people will respond kindly to can you help me change my diaper

Reactions: Diprs2
emp711 said:
… The only drawback is that really restricts your social life…
Sadly that's true.
It's kind of sad, frustrating and disappointing wearing products for leakage and bowel movements.
😭

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, emp711 and NonbiriNeoguri
That is right but lucky I can change my own even at my age.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and LonelyFOX
Lionmonkeyboy said:
So My caregiver decided to make me wear diapers all the time because I’ve had many accidents it’s not so bad I usually wear a safari they are my favourite do you guys have to wear diapers too?
No one is "forcing" me to if that's what you mean - that has not been the case for at least 35 years now.
HOWEVER - yes I do have to wear diapers, and ALWAYS have because if I did not - I would wet and mess all over my pants! - That is just the way it ALWAYS has been - nothing I can do about it!

LonelyFOX said:
Sadly that's true.
It's kind of sad, frustrating and disappointing wearing products for leakage and bowel movements.
😭
Funny, I never noticed that - although I have been in diapers my entire life - but there is NOT one thing I can think of I did not do just because of wearing a diaper! - In fact in one situation I won some money because of it!
There was this bar I went to years ago, they had what got to be known as "Penny until you pee" night - beers were only $0.01 each until someone used the restroom. Everyone I has with already knew I had to wear diapers - but not this guy that I had seen in there LOTS of times, but did not really know. He swore he could at least get me to go in there (he had noticed I never did) and was willing to bet on it (ALL drinks all night were on him plus $50.00 if I won, but had to drink them at his rate) - well I left PLENTY drunk and $50.00 richer than when I went in! :cool:
NOTE: I no longer drink, but had to mention that in this case.

Reactions: Diprs2, Rezzu and ChocChip
LonelyFOX said:
Sadly that's true.
😭
I even wear the high-end extended capacity stuff during the day so no one would ever really have to help me change the public and it still seems to be a roadblock for me

I use to get away without diaper during the day several yrs ago but like you was returned to them to protect everything in the house.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and LonelyFOX
I would wish to wear normal underwear. It's kind of embarrassing for me to buy always discreet boutique or Tena stylish underwear at the drugstore.
(During the self isolation just I've been sticking with a night gown, always discreet underwear and peep toe jelly shoes).
I feel so embarrassed meeting with older women buying packages of always discreet boutique or Tena stylish underwear.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
I can understand your feelings being diaper bound all the time is a problem.When we travel is the biggest have to load up a bunch.For my wife its like traveling with a child.Ha

Reactions: Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
LonelyFOX said:
I would wish to wear normal underwear. It's kind of embarrassing for me to buy always discreet boutique or Tena stylish underwear at the drugstore.
(During the self isolation just I've been sticking with a night gown, always discreet underwear and peep toe jelly shoes).
I feel so embarrassed meeting with older women buying packages of always discreet boutique or Tena stylish underwear.

You talk so much bs. It's cool you have a fetish but no need to talk bs throughout the post...

Sorry didn"t mean to.

Nappyladdy said:
The OP, I don’t think this belongs in the incon section.
I disagree, went back and read the OP, sounds like there is a continance issue .

I have worn by necessity 24/7/365 since my new car was shortened 18 inches in 2009.
i guess I do have a choice, I could walk around a mess all of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
emp711 said:
I even wear the high-end extended capacity stuff during the day so no one would ever really have to help me change the public and it still seems to be a roadblock for me
I myself have Cerebral palsy, and I am stuck wearing the cheap Walmart and Rite Aid Pharmacy diapers.
It is what I can afford.

• Sad
After years of what turned out to be varying degrees of OAB and urge incontinence I received a preliminary diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome in the late '80s and a more precise diagnosis in 2006 of Tarlov Cysts on my S3 sacral nerve root as the cause of my OAB and DESD. After resinferatoxin injections and denervation of the external bladder sphincter I was cured of my DESD, but my OAB continued unabated. Faced with the choice of a catheter, meds and incontinence pads or no meds and a full-on diaper, my wife and I decided together against catheters or meds due to the risk of infection and long term side effects respectively. Consequently I've been diapered since 2006. I'm grateful for the high quality diapers that are so readily available, and that make a normal life possible for me and my wife.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Kellycares
cauda equina syndrome has been on my mind since 2009, my L4 was fractured causing the channel for the spinal cord to narrow, S1&2 L4&5 discs ruptured and I tore the nerve sheath around the cord.
I guess I’m lucky that diapers are the main side effect. But I still worry about CES.

• Sad
So here’s my story I was in the infantry and served overseas and have had a lot of back surgeries due to injury in service first one was in ‘97 about a year after deployment with more afterward. I had my last one in ‘07 and started pain management with injections from L5 to S1, a medical mistake during my procedure in April of ‘18 left me incontinent I started wetting the bed at night and three months later it was attributed to nerve damage to my S1 nerve cluster. By time I saw my second urologist (first one was an idiot) I was in a diaper 24/7 with almost no holding capacity, I had a Urodynamics test and it confirmed dr’s diagnosis.

It can suck sometimes to being in diapers 24/7.
But I am used to being "Mr. Piddle Poopypants".
Pardon my reference to the Captain Underpants Villain.

quarktheory said:
cauda equina syndrome has been on my mind since 2009, my L4 was fractured causing the channel for the spinal cord to narrow, S1&2 L4&5 discs ruptured and I tore the nerve sheath around the cord.
I guess I’m lucky that diapers are the main side effect. But I still worry about CES.
[/QUOTE

CES and Tarlov Cysts can cause dreadful problems, so I’m grateful that my symptoms are limited to OAB.

Back