Having problems with my two core computers

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
My favorite being my Surface 3. It won't notice when a charge port is put in. I can change the cord but the problem remains. I've tried working this it's driver, but it hasn't helped either.

My second but more powerful machine is my republic of gamers laptop. It runs well but has a slow load times and an odd blue screen at random times, leading to a forced restart. Unsure what or where to start working on these problems.

I'm doing research in hopes of repairing both machines. If anyone want to help or has experience with this

Blue screens usually tell you the issue. Next time it happens try to jot down what it says or just remember it. You can look up the error on google to see if anything pops up.

I'd go through and clean up space and make sure everything is up to date on the machine. Then you can run test on the harddrive/ssd to make sure they are not going bad.

As for the surface pro, are you saying it won't charge but its turning on when plugged in? That could be a dead battery or the port as wiggled out of the circuit board.

I repair computers for a living I would love to help you out anyway I can. Please feel free to pm me the first step is it windows 7 or 10? First things I normally run in this order is check the hard drive status with Crystal disk info if it says anything besides good you should replace your hard drive.

Here is where you can download Crystal disk info https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#Crystal Disk Info make sure you download the standard edition and just click the link that says installer.

Once that is complete if there are no errors you can do one of two things reinstall windows which is a lot of work but will give you the best results or run cleanup tools on the computer.

To make the process simple for clean up I would recommend running a program called tron script it runs a bunch of different cleanup tools on your computer it is the absolute best when it comes to getting computer back to their best possible condition. Google search tron script and click on the reddit link it will give you all the information you need. Feel free to ask me any questions.

kratox said:
Blue screens usually tell you the issue. Next time it happens try to jot down what it says or just remember it. You can look up the error on google to see if anything pops up.

I'd go through and clean up space and make sure everything is up to date on the machine. Then you can run test on the harddrive/ssd to make sure they are not going bad.

As for the surface pro, are you saying it won't charge but its turning on when plugged in? That could be a dead battery or the port as wiggled out of the circuit board.
The surface will charge but it has to be screen down and off to do so. A friend of mine suggested it was one of the battery drivers (ACPI)

KryanAshford said:
The surface will charge but it has to be screen down and off to do so. A friend of mine suggested it was one of the battery drivers (ACPI)
If you really feel that is the issue you can uninstall it in the device manager and restart. The device should find it and reinstall again. Also make sure there is nothing jammed ont he inside port and that the cord is free of anything as well.

Looks clear, I've already tried the driver idea and the problem remains. I tried a new cord, still remains. I did a battery report and it shows the battery at a good charge % so I'm not sure what's left to play

KryanAshford said:
Looks clear, I've already tried the driver idea and the problem remains. I tried a new cord, still remains. I did a battery report and it shows the battery at a good charge % so I'm not sure what's left to play

Did you update recently? Maybe windows caused it in a update. If its actually charging but windows is not showing the batteries proper charge then it could definitely be a software issue.

Are you still on windows 8.1 or windows 10? Maybe a recent windows 10 update broke it.

Make sure the cord you have is the proper watts and stuff. If its only charging when off could mean maybe its to low of a charge

The cord is the same one I used since getting it C Usb cord I belief. I plugged in to his usual place. As for the OS Windows 10 and it's recently updated

KryanAshford said:
My favorite being my Surface 3. It won't notice when a charge port is put in. I can change the cord but the problem remains. I've tried working this it's driver, but it hasn't helped either.

My second but more powerful machine is my republic of gamers laptop. It runs well but has a slow load times and an odd blue screen at random times, leading to a forced restart. Unsure what or where to start working on these problems.

I'm doing research in hopes of repairing both machines. If anyone want to help or has experience with this
Your surface 3 probably has a worn charge port. How good are you at soldering? You might be able to repair/replace the port. Otherwise, start saving for a new one.

Your laptop, or any pc, that has constant blue screen of deaths and slow processing times usually means it needs a complete wipe and reinstall of windows (or whatever OS you have). Make sure to back up all personal files on to a usb and then use the original restore disk or windows install disk to perform a full format.

Back